Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Another instance of a good idea poorly executed?

Seriously, this event could have done so much to bring the community back together if it really was x5 per 36 minutes instead of IRL hours.
    SylviaWolfe
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 1, 2017
    Lets not lean into typo, they will run with that in a heart beat.

Anyway, I notified them via chat.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Gaea wrote: »
    Lets not lean into typo, they will run with that in a heart beat.

Anyway, I notified them via chat.

Yeah, I'm betting on a short timer who let the XO event quizzes pass made another mistake.
  • ShiroganeShirogane
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    Turns out that's what it says on the main page anyway. Either it was updated or I just can't read.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited March 1, 2017
    they already changed the post

"After 36 minutes (one in-game day) of being logged in on your Main Character, you'll receive an additional 5 Star Piece Chisels. This will reset at 7 AM every real day."

I'm already not liking this new 36 minute rule for these newer events
    Kryo
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    I just got my first broken star piece from Shadow Cast City hard....and it was really hard for me to do T-T but nothing easier has given me anything...
    pennybrenda
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 1, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    they already changed the post

"After 36 minutes (one in-game day) of being logged in on your Main Character, you'll receive an additional 5 Star Piece Chisels. This will reset at 7 AM every real day."

I'm already not liking this new 36 minute rule for these newer events

That's not how it's working for me and my guildies...
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    They had to have updated that in the last few minutes, because it most definitely didn't mention that it reset at 7am before.

Awesome, another event with extremely restricted/RNG restricted prizes. </ sarcasm> And yeah, the 36 minute rule is getting to be way more of a hassle than its worth.
    Kryo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 1, 2017
    Uhhhhhhhhh...great. I'm done. :(

Why is there such huge miscommunication with the news team? You think after 9 years that they would start communicating better. This shouldn't be a "Nexon NA" thing anymore.
    SherriGretaFlowerbombDaktaro
  • ArjuneArjune

That's not how it's working for me and my guildies...

This will reset at 7 AM every real day.

or do you mean you haven't gotten the additional chisels at all today? not even once?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Please Nexon, just fix it to 36 minutes every mabi day. The RNG events are the death of Mabinogi, only Korea loves RNG.
    Kryo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 1, 2017
    Please Nexon, just fix it to 36 minutes every mabi day. The RNG events are the death of Mabinogi, only Korea loves RNG.

This.

So I guess the event should read; collect 5 chisels from Joe, wait 36 minutes later and get 5 more chisels. Then at 7am PT it resets and you can get more.

Which is a total of 10 chisels per day, which is crap btw. But that is a little more accurate and less confusing.
  • CheeballCheeball
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    I was running conflict HM, 3/4 runs dropped one for me
    Sutaru
  • notanalt123notanalt123
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    edited March 1, 2017
    https://puu.sh/upPqI/fd2a0fc27f.jpg
    I ran lots of elite missions I had in my bank and got a broken star piece in every chest, so it feels like it is 100% drop rate for elite missions. Although, none of that matters if we cannot get those chisels :(. I feel like I am pretty lucky, just need 3 more star pieces for the pet; I have gotten 5 star pieces out of 10 broken ones with 1 duplicate so far.

Edit: When someone gets the pet, can you say if it is exactly the same as the nimbus pet? Not like the tuan pet we had where its only half or so of its original duration.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited March 1, 2017
    no. it's 5 chisels per day. we only got 10 today because we got 5 with the book and completing quest
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    no. it's 5 chisels per day. we only got 10 today because we got 5 with the book and completing quest

e9Wjhv0.gif
    SutaruSherriHumiliatingFlowerbombRosepivotalSylviaWolfeFomortisloveannakim
  • ArjuneArjune
    Gaea wrote: »

e9Wjhv0.gif

I know...it sucks
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    So let me get this straight, say you're the unluckiest person alive and never get a star color thing from rng, then you have to buy them all with coins, the problem with that is you can only get IN TOTAL 100 coins during this event, so its either bank on getting that lucky drop or buy them and nothing else...?
    pennybrenda
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    This is.........

I have no words.

...why do they hate us TT
    pennybrenda
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    T^T awww no thats so lame....I'm really unlucky so I will probably have to buy all of my stars with the coins....I really wanted the suit too...whhhhy Nexon?! lol
    pennybrenda