Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event

Comments

• TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Ran Dorren's Request on hard. 9 times. The success rate may be complete crap, but it takes marginally less time than the other solo-able alternatives for me. I managed to get a Star frag each time. As of this post, I have the ROY in ROYGBIV, as far as Star Pieces go.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    That milkyway nimbus is bloodshot red, does that mean it's dyable?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea wrote: »
    That milkyway nimbus is bloodshot red, does that mean it's dyable?

Was thinking that too. If so, i will try to dye that guy with dark blue color.

• FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    My plan:

1. Get 240 Star Coins

2. Buy missing stars

3. Get Nimbus Cloud

4. Buy the two suits

5. Realize I have no life
    Alymere
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 2, 2017
    My plan:

1. Get 240 Star Coins

2. Buy missing stars

3. Get Nimbus Cloud

4. Buy the two suits

5. Realize I have no life Realize it's actually impossible. Unless you have HUGE luck or you are multi-accounting. Because 2 suits are 180 coins already and you need to successfully repair 7 different stars, which means you will need luck to get them from SM and hope to get it while using chisels only 5 times a day. I used 10 star pieces today and only got 1 full star... Which means you will probably need to buy those stars from Joe to complete the book, which is 10 star coins on each full star. If i counted it right we will only get 110 star coins total.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I''m only interested in the cloud pet and after I get it, I'm dropping this event like a hot potato.

GretaSherripennybrenda
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Greta wrote: »
    My plan:

1. Get 240 Star Coins

2. Buy missing stars

3. Get Nimbus Cloud

4. Buy the two suits

5. Realize I have no life Realize it's actually impossible. Unless you have HUGE luck or you are multi-accounting. Because 2 suits are 180 coins already and you need to successfully repair 7 different stars, which means you will need luck to get them from SM and hope to get it while using chisels only 5 times a day. I used 10 star pieces today and only got 1 full star... Which means you will probably need to buy those stars from Joe to complete the book, which is 10 star coins on each full star. If i counted it right we will only get 110 stars total.

Meh good point still gonna try though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I just found out you can get those star pieces on alts even if they're not the set character. You can trade the broken pieces via pets to the character you're registered on. =D
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 2, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    I just found out you can get those star pieces on alts even if they're not the set character. You can trade the broken pieces via pets to the character you're registered on. =D

Yeah that's cool, but still no more chisels for being logged in, which i really would have like with rng liked that. 5 chisels a day sounds really painful...
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Yeaaah... gave it a chance, I really did, but at the end of the day I haven't even used up the five chisels Joe gave me, the drop rate is that crappy. It's the Mabiletters event ten times over. No pet is worth this, and I suspect whoever designed this event has either never played the game, or thinks it's PSO2.
    pennybrenda
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    eh this event is very meh, since I dont much care for having 40 of the same pet, I might just save for a suit and call it quits
  • GretaGreta
    Yeaaah... gave it a chance, I really did, but at the end of the day I haven't even used up the five chisels Joe gave me, the drop rate is that crappy. It's the Mabiletters event ten times over. No pet is worth this, and I suspect whoever designed this event has either never played the game, or thinks it's PSO2.

Try out Tailteann Shadow Mission Conflict Hard Mode. Usually 2/4 end chests end up with star in them.
  • ReclusiveMageReclusiveMage
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    What should I run if I'm too weak for hm conflict or most hm sm?
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 2, 2017
    What should I run if I'm too weak for hm conflict or most hm sm?
    Try out Tara's Their Method, all you need to do is spam Windmill on the zombies or try to find friendly people who will carry you in Conflict or any other Hard Mode SM.
  • ReclusiveMageReclusiveMage
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    edited March 2, 2017
    I'll give their method a try then.
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    edited March 2, 2017
    Looks like it's one of those events that encourage to waste tim give some love to your alts.
    Registered with a weak human and got two broken star pieces out of four Shadow Warrior easy or int runs and two pieces out of three Shadow Cast int runs. Pretty fast.
    But why isn't that CP dependence in the event description?..
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Tsumikki wrote: »
    Looks like it's one of those events that encourage to waste tim give some love to your alts.
    Registered with a weak human and got two broken star pieces out of four Shadow Warrior easy or int runs and two pieces out of three Shadow Cast int runs. Pretty fast.
    But why isn't that CP dependence in the event description?..

Because endchests aren't affected by CP at all.

I got star pieces from 3 HM runs in a row. Smells more like RNG than CP.

Tsumikki
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Spamming conflict hm I get probably 3/5 chests with one. It's a shame we get max 5 a day though, even if it was 15 I'd be happy.
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    edited March 2, 2017
    The 5-a-day limit is unfortunate. I was hoping to get more than two seals.

It's funny how the line between a great event and an awful one is so thin.
    pennybrenda
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Aeolys wrote: »
    If difficulty determines the chance of a prize, this is a poorly made event catering to the very strong who could competently do hardmode and elite difficulty missions. This means the weak will have little to no chance to get any of the featured rewards. When we participate in an event, we expect to be rewarded when we achieve the given goal. When we aren't given any reward for our efforts, we, the players, feel discouraged. The prize being given is only consistent to those who are very strong, and the weaker people are left out.
    No reward, no incentive, no playing.

But hey, look at the bright side. The weak can get carried in Elites. And with all the AP and perks a newbie can get, maybe they can work to get stronger. And at least it's not the wishbone event.
    ...never...
    Never again....
    I never wanna see that wishbone event again.
    GretaAeolysSherri