Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Update: Additional Weapon Slots

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ya'know what'd also be a nice thing to add/change?

Well, ya'know how Ctrl-Clicking equipment will snap it into the proper slot?
    I wish you could do that for the 2nd weapon when dual wielding.
    Ctrl-clicking is all quick for arming your left hand, but then you have to manually place the 2nd weapon, which can be a pain in the middle of combat.

Though, I guess that's part of what's gonna sell these slots.

I guess this is the... non-beta version of those "Equipment Snap Change Kits" that JP mabi got from one of their attendance events.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I can live without more weapon slots anyway. I don't even have the hotkey space for this free or not. :S
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    i would not bother to pay for it.. don't need it that bad.
    but if it was free would probably use it for placing hydras or something. like never use alchemy cuz cbf to equip 2 cyls and unequip all the time. since my primary and secondary skillsets are not alch so would have to switch it in and out with another wep.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Oh this isn't that bag-like item that let's you do the quick equipment set swaps with a hotkey press... That's sorta interesting.
    Honestly with the number of hybrid weapons we have now, I don't see any problem with another weapon slot costing a little bit of money. And judging by their item shop's prices, buying one slot for 30 days costs roughly 4 USD (using price comparisons between their shop and our's). There's also a permanent (I think) option that appears to cost about 13 USD, and you buy up to two of those per character.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Oh this isn't that bag-like item that let's you do the quick equipment set swaps with a hotkey press... That's sorta interesting.
    Honestly with the number of hybrid weapons we have now, I don't see any problem with another weapon slot costing a little bit of money. And judging by their item shop's prices, buying one slot for 30 days costs roughly 4 USD (using price comparisons between their shop and our's). There's also a permanent (I think) option that appears to cost about 13 USD, and you buy up to two of those per character.

Permenant for 13 dollars? Doesn't sound too bad. At least they're selling a permenant coupon in the shop instead of throwing it in a gacha. :^)
    *knocks on wood*
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Permenant for 13 dollars? Doesn't sound too bad. At least they're selling a permenant coupon in the shop instead of throwing it in a gacha. :^)
    *knocks on wood*

Yeah...
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325

*knocks on wood*

Someone at nexon will read that comment then throw it in a gacha loaded with 5cm gems, and 100 stam pots with a 1 out of 10,000 chance to drop the BOP coupon.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited March 2, 2017

*knocks on wood*

Sadly it's not permanent. $11~12 one is for making extra slots, $3~4 one is for extending (30days).
    I understand we have to pay for convenience but why does it really have to be always short-term-type-contents?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 2, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885387&edit-text=&act=url

But you have to pay for them and they are not permanent. I've been waiting years for something like this and I am sure the everyone else has too. HUGE disappointment. Why Nexon? Why?

xmmlqb.jpg

What this looks like btw.
    32bbef6bddeb411e853104b04cd78b96.png

Event Banner
    b6da02fe0ae84ca1bfc2bc2f16888679.png
    KR News Page
    Feels like the Style Tab we always wanted. *eyeroll*
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    Hey look! New news in the form of old news. Good thing I stopped playing, yah?

I can feel the pain though.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Welp it's out today: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/ItemShop/product_list.asp

Well can someone show us how this works exactly?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 2, 2017
    Welp it's out today: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/ItemShop/product_list.asp

Well can someone show us how this works exactly?

I had the visuals on page 3, but it looks like:
    Pay for Tabs 2-3, tabs expire after x amount of days.

4d8d1c4f1edc41b0af5a65849e231d27.png
    Google Translate hopefully helps a bit. It's more or less a Style Tab 2.1.
    373fac5f5293401fbc8c492c5bca7dab.png
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 2, 2017

So there IS a permanent version? This I am actually ok with.

Argh!!!
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 2, 2017
    So there IS a permanent version? This I am actually ok with.
    Argh!!!

So far I'm not seeing a perm option directly stated.
    91582b7af4cb48b4a81320e286321128.png
    d9ce31aeeee449fa8ba105ca2c70fafe.png
    1990b6894cd24c5f8d32a95b2908f9eb.png
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 2, 2017
    This is a tragedy. Please NA, no one is going to buy this month after month along with premium and/or VIP service. There needs to be a permanent option or added to those services.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    This is a tragedy. Please NA, no one is going to buy this month after month along with premium and/or VIP service. There needs to be a permanent option or added to those services.

It looks more like an extension of the Style Tab to me, which is already kinda in demand a little.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

It looks more like an extension of the Style Tab to me, which is already kinda in demand a little.

But it's not for style.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

But it's not for style.

It contains the usual equipment from the style tab with additional weapon slots. So, it's either an update to the Style Tab or a new Tab within the Main Inventory.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I think.......this is their resolve for not being able to fix the snap boxes they tested out in JP. -sigh- Really would rather have those than this. Least the 2x2 box is permanent and can be traded. This......idk anymore.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Huh. Four weapon slots. I mean okay. I probably won't use them, but okay.

Well what if you wanted to switch from close combat/mage to ninja???

Find a quiet little corner before going after the next group of enemies, press "i", click a few times. Not having extra weapons slots didn't stop people before.

This is a convenience. Nothing more. It's not an absolute necessity to play the game. Kinda like those reforges people like to claim are "required".
    XiokunDarkpixie99