Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event

Comments

• RudekaiserRudekaiser
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Aeolys wrote: »
    If difficulty determines the chance of a prize, this is a poorly made event catering to the very strong who could competently do hardmode and elite difficulty missions. This means the weak will have little to no chance to get any of the featured rewards. When we participate in an event, we expect to be rewarded when we achieve the given goal. When we aren't given any reward for our efforts, we, the players, feel discouraged. The prize being given is only consistent to those who are very strong, and the weaker people are left out.
    No reward, no incentive, no playing.

I agree. Im not strong, so i did 35 SM (defeat the crag cow (int)) got 4 broken star...

Nexon made a huge mistake on this event.

This event sucks if u are low level
    pennybrenda
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    This event is more rewarding to stronger people, which should never be the case.

They really executed this event badly.
    Seems like this kind of stuff is happening a lot more lately. It's getting old.
    KryoSylviaWolfeXiokunSherripennybrendaNilremAeolysRosepivotalPeloi
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I guess I'll just farm broken pieces and get myself a few training seals and be done with it. possibly get the nimbus pet if I manage to complete the star book thingy without having to buy pieces
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Yeah after several hard SM runs and a bunch of intermediate runs with no drop I'm going to pass. I wish it were like Samhain where the coins were pretty freely available and the shop prices made sense
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yeah after several hard SM runs and a bunch of intermediate runs with no drop I'm going to pass. I wish it were like Samhain where the coins were pretty freely available and the shop prices made sense

Spam Conflict HM...
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Well this event caters only for the strong and the lucky. Both of which I'm not. Ran 1 their method hm and 2 scc sm today and got 3 star pieces but can't even repair a single star.. Each run took about 15 minutes but I have to use a reforged gear for scc.. which means durability loss :( can just run their method but I hate running around finding the zombies especially when there's only 1 group left that's nowhere to be seen.

I don't have that much time to play Mabi rn though but I want another nimbus pet so badly... does the chisels disappear at 7am pst or can I just accumulate the chisels and then just spam sm when I'm free?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    @ShouK That is a question I'm interesting in as well.
  • YooniYooni
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    @ShouK The chisels don't disappear at 7AM. I forgot to use mine yesterday and when I logged in today, I still had 10 chisels in my inventory. So, to answer your question, yeah, you can just stockpile the chisels and spam SM when you have time. That's what I'm gonna do. c:
  • Yna_LillaithYna_Lillaith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited March 2, 2017
    @Rudekaiser
    umm...i spammed Defeat Fomor Commander Basic and got star pieces like 5/10 runs, i don't think it goes by difficulty
    XiokunNilrem
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    So like..I didnt get any chisel, despite relogging twice, am I doing something wrong?
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    So like..I didnt get any chisel, despite relogging twice, am I doing something wrong?

You shouldn't have relogged or change channel otherwise time will be reset and have to wait another 36 minutes.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Ellisya wrote: »

You shouldn't have relogged or change channel otherwise time will be reset and have to wait another 36 minutes.
    I waited an hour before relogging both times..

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Ellisya wrote: »

I waited an hour before relogging both times..

Just so you know, when you get a quest, it gives you 5 Chisels and wait 36 minutes for another Chisels..

However, you only get 5 Chisels after first time when you wait 36 minutes.
    you have to stay logged in for 36 min(One full mabi day) o:
    Also I just did basic crag cow, got a star piece, used the chisel, got a red star so...
  • ShaylarShaylar
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    This event is so hard : I've done 20 SM and only got 2 stars successfully restored (out of barely 6 star pieces gotten from the end chests...) I just hope I'll get enough coins to buy the colored stars I can't drop from the chests!
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Is there anything we can do with spare stars at all? I got 2 blue ones today T-T
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited March 2, 2017
    Can anyone confirm if Adv. SM are dropping any? I know it's a lower rate, I'm considering trying to run some but I don't want to if I'm not gonna get anything for it :/
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 2, 2017
    @ParadoxLost did you register with Caravan Joe in Dunbarton? Because while you can farm the broken star pieces on anyone, you can only get the chisels on your "main" selected character.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    edited March 2, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    @ParadoxLost did you register with Caravan Joe in Dunbarton? Because while you can farm the broken star pieces on anyone, you can only get the chisels on your "main" selected character.

Yus I did, and I've waited for the past 6 hours now and nothing has changed u. u