Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Care Package is a Scam

SyaoSyao
Mabinogi Rep: 345
in Item/Premium Shop
"Give a good welcome to the Pet Care Package, here for three weeks and filled with goodies to keep your pets in fighting shape! With the brand-new Pet Rebirth Potion, a Pet EXP Potion, a pair of Pet Age Potions plus a trio of massive Golden Experience Fruits and more, it's everything your furry (or scaly) little friends have been looking for."

Guess what? You can't feed the pet the fruits, you can't put the fruit in the pet's inventory and log on as the pet to eat the fruit, and you cant eat the fruit yourself while divine linked so the pet will get the exp too. Sure you can say that the reforges we're for the pet because pets cant equip equipment, silly.

*NEW* Pet Rebirth Potion: A potion that rebirths your pet back to the age of 1. It resets your pet's level and stats (Pet Color is not reset)
Pet EXP Potion: A potion that doubles Pet Combat EXP for 1 day
3x Golden Experience Fruit (500%)
2x Refined Reforging Tool PLUS
Pet Age Potion - Age 1
Pet Age Potion - Age 5
Pet Dye Ampoule

Everyone knows what reforges are for, so that pert of the package was self explanatory. Everything else was labeled "PET" so they're most likely for pets. Golden Experience fruit is a food item that grants you 500% experience, so one would assume you can feed it to the pet since its a PET CARE PACKAGE right?

Wrong.

Basically, the lack of information in the announcement led to me, buying a few packages just for the fruit to level the pet quickly. Only to be absolutely dissapointed(pissed) that I could not feed the fruit to my pets.
SherriBlissfulkillAlchemistjk

Comments

• TofsTofs
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    I agree that this package was pretty upsetting.
    SyaoBlissfulkillSherriSylviaWolfeAlexisEU
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Wait, so the fruit doesn't grant exp when you're logged on as the pet either?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    That's kind of disappointing, considering Mabinogi KR got pet potions that level the pet to 200.
    SherriCarlize
  • SyaoSyao
    edited March 3, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    Wait, so the fruit doesn't grant exp when you're logged on as the pet either?
    No, you can't put the fruit in the pet's inv.
  • TofsTofs
    That's kind of disappointing, considering Mabinogi KR got pet potions that level the pet to 200.

Yes. I don't really see how the value adds up.
    SylviaWolfeBlissfulkill
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

This was exactly what I was thinking. I hope that we get the Mabi KR package eventually instead of this. > >
  • RocisRocis
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Such a shame, I hope some Nexon offical comes here to explain stuff. I'm a little disappointed at nexon and the mabi team rn :/
    Syao
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Rocis wrote: »
    Such a shame, I hope some Nexon offical comes here to explain stuff. I'm a little disappointed at nexon and the mabi team rn :/

Same, not going to accept a "We didn't put the pet level 200 potion in because it would be too unfair" since it was rather cheap on the KR website for 14,700 NX a pop. It'll only be unfair if it's not a limited purchase amount. Pretty sure KR is like NA in that we're both too busy level and skill grinding to bother pet leveling and they begged for this to be in their shop. Would totally make sense to see feedback forums begging for us to get it next too.
  • SyaoSyao
    Rocis wrote: »

Same, not going to accept a "We didn't put the pet level 200 potion in because it would be too unfair" since it was rather cheap on the KR website for 14,700 NX a pop. It'll only be unfair if it's not a limited purchase amount. Pretty sure KR is like NA in that we're both too busy level and skill grinding to bother pet leveling and they begged for this to be in their shop. Would totally make sense to see feedback forums begging for us to get it next too.

I just want justice for my wasted $30 T_T
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    I honestly feel sorry for anyone who ended up buying the package.

Complete waste of money.
    Sphere
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nearly wrote: »
    I honestly feel sorry for anyone who ended up buying the package.

Complete waste of money.

Agree, It seemed obvious for me that the package is useless. I would never hurry to buy things, i always make sure first before buying anything.

SylviaWolfeXiokun
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    This is a huge load of junk Nexon.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Greta wrote: »
    Agree, It seemed obvious for me that the package is useless. I would never hurry to buy things, i always make sure first before buying anything.

I wish there were more people like you on Mabi.
    SherriGreta
  • TofsTofs
    edited March 4, 2017
    The Golden Experience Fruit is misleading. This is Mabinogi not the Garden of Eden. The whole point of this package was for Divine Link. The past two or three updates a lot of errors were made/lost in translation.

First, with the Naco Commerce Event where they failed to translate how to get stuff like the Treehouse. Which, to be fair they fixed. With the patch that introduced the Frozen Heart Gachapon they said "new content update" which we would all assume would mean well, new content. But instead we just get a gachapon. Finally, the Star Piece Event where it was originally stated that every 36 minutes we would get 5 chisels but then it was changed to 36 minutes once per real life day. Which I guess is fair considering the skill training seals that come out of this event.

I'm not really complaining. It's just a lot of has have been feeling misled. I know it is not intentional but it is something that can be worked on in the future,
    DaktaroTinyTimPoroAlchemistjk
  • KomaruKomaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Here I was, planning to purchase, until I stumble onto this and read about how KR Mabi gets pet pots that lvl to 200.

Like, wat. How in the hell do we not get this? Oh, that's right, cause Nexon is G-R-E-E-D-Y. Instead of making the game enjoyable, I have to plug a lot of cash in order to get things that I'd want from this game. Of course, there's the f2p option, but then again, Mabi doesn't make a lot of things tradeable anymore and even then, it has become increasingly frustrating.

But, I digress. Give us that 200 lvl pet pot! >:U
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    I feel sorry for the people who bought this.