Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Streams!

Comments

• scorpin99scorpin99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    Speaking of streams on the test server, you think that we could get something like a public test server? it would be really nice to have. we could also run streams on that, have the community get a feel for new content and possibly report bugs before the update hits.
    GretaDrognak
  • taninotanino
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    Test server used to be a thing forever ago, but eventually the participants mostly got busy with life and they never bothered to get new ones.. it was never actually public though.. it was on select invite only.
  • CassaCassa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,305
    It might be interesting to see you play some of the generations and gain insight into your perspective on the game as both a newbie and our community manager. I could imagine some funny moments when you encounter things for the first time and players watching giving you advice on how to tackle it. It would give veterans a chance to reminiscence and newbies a chance to see that they aren't alone in their struggles ^^.
    GretaCrisis1Stasy
  • TofsTofs
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    I love you. What would be great is if we could encourage people to take full advantage of every feature of this game such as Jousting, Rafting, Hot Air Ballooning, Music Jam, PVP Arenas, Cooking Contest, etc. There's a lot of cute social stuff to do in this game but a lot of players have seemed to grow out of them.
    Greta
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited March 5, 2017
    Why not give the U.S. Nexon employees full autonomy with the game's cinematic tools and animation system so that they can make nice little youtube videos every now and then.

Not like trailers and stuff, but just interesting tidbits here and there to make people interested in the game again.

....Like the G17 trailer with the duncan spamming at the end:
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    edited March 13, 2017
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Why not give the U.S. Nexon employees full autonomy with the game's cinematic tools and animation system so that they can make nice little youtube videos every now and then.

Not like trailers and stuff, but just interesting tidbits here and there to make people interested in the game again.

....Like the G17 trailer with the duncan spamming at the end

I really miss the old trailers. They used to get me so excited, and they still kind of do (I just watched the G11 trailer after the video you linked, and the G3S4 one after that).

I must admit that video (and especially the Duncan spamming) was cute, though. I had never seen that one before. The bard teaser (the only other recent-ish one I can think of) was cool too, even though I didn't particularly like the weird effects in it. I wouldn't mind seeing more of these myself.
  • MinizantannaMinizantanna
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Sup y'all.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    I think the stream went fairly well, Saygo will be more comfortable once he knows the game more I'm sure.
    But the event preview... was kind of a let down, I think next time it would go smoother if those things were tested first.

also we need a stream where we have GM's spawn stuff for everyone to kill in random places
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    the dungeon could of gone better if the gm just started the stream with the sword, and explained that the sword is a drop from killing mobs in the dungeon.
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    i wasnt there for all of it because it was laggy and due to dinner, but.... i read in the comments that you /could/ fight the monsters without knife but why would the monster drop it if you dont need it? like,, im trying to explain uhh, like the ghost swords for peaca. you need those to fight the ghosts better
    but also i hope they fix it because i dont think the monster dropped any kind of weapon? :0c
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 14, 2017
    Kiirion wrote: »
    i wasnt there for all of it because it was laggy and due to dinner, but.... i read in the comments that you /could/ fight the monsters without knife but why would the monster drop it if you dont need it? like,, im trying to explain uhh, like the ghost swords for peaca. you need those to fight the ghosts better
    but also i hope they fix it because i dont think the monster dropped any kind of weapon? :0c

I don't really remember the google translated page from the KR event, but I'm pretty sure it scaled itself for total level. It'll take me some time to find the GM/Dev note pages on the KR webpage.
    208aff7991914cc98f8f0406b233653b.png
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I missed part of it, what are the prizes for this chocolate event? I'm guessing the HS props and those Kupa gems that were following them around, was there anything else?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 14, 2017
    I missed part of it, what are the prizes for this chocolate event? I'm guessing the HS props and those Kupa gems that were following them around, was there anything else?

Wing gachas.

The samples that were previewed to us...not sure if I am a big fan of them. I know there might a few who will splurge for the red dominion wings, but other than that...I will probably pass on this one.
    Helsa
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

Kupa gems are for clearing each recipe 5 times, props are probably part of the quest. There's also an AFK event to get coins for an event NPC who sells wigs and stuff. (Planned to be running at the same time...probably.)
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    HS props and bonbon mini gems! i think thats all they showed in the stream. theyre not rlly kupas,,, are they?

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 14, 2017
    HS props and bonbon mini gems! i think thats all they showed in the stream. theyre not rlly kupas,,, are they?

Even if they aren't Kupa, they're still adorable...and look tasty.
    edited March 14, 2017

I think they're just chocolate covered Kupas, yeah o.o I could be wrong though lol, they're super cute either way. I'll probably do those quests, I don't own any mini gems, I'd love the little ones I think.

@Gaea I really want the red Dominions tbh, I only buy with gold though, I don't really gacha anymore, so it'll depend how much they go for. I love to collect red/pink wings lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

I think they're just chocolate covered Kupas, yeah o.o I could be wrong though lol, they're super cute either way. I'll probably do those quests, I don't own any mini gems, I'd love the little ones I think.

@Gaea I really want the red Dominions tbh, I only buy with gold though, I don't really gacha anymore, so it'll depend how much they go for. I love to collect red/pink wings lol.

I have to admit that the red dominion wings are a really nice shade of red unlike the red wings we currently have. They will more than likely be pretty pricey. Hope you saved up.
    Helsa
    Gaea wrote: »
    I have to admit that the red dominion wings are a really nice shade of red unlike the red wings we currently have. They will more than likely be pretty pricey. Hope you saved up.

Right now I know I definitely don't have enough lol. Tbh I usually buy wings when they're rereleased because the price is so much cheaper, even if it means waiting a while to get the wings I want v.v
  • SAY_YES_2ninjarevampSAY_YES_2ninjarevamp
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    The stream all in all was alright, Saygo will get better the more he learns about the game and what not. My issue was that they didn't showcase anything other than the event, they briefly talked about the patch that's coming, which is the important part in here. This isn't just a fashion game, people like myself are dedicated and do combat, sure it's cool to look nice while kicking butt, but that's not all that there is to the game. My expectations for the future streams is for them to focus more on the upcoming patches, and have the event as just background stuff.
    IyasenuAichannTeasesPeloi