Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Allow us to choose which quests to start/advance.

nomigid15nomigid15
Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
edited February 17, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Server: Alexina
IGN: Tocannota

Some of us actually want to experience the game's story in the proper order, but really can't because:

A. The game automatically forces G19 on us at Level 20.

B. Both the early G1 and G19 quests require talking to Duncan.

C. There's currently no way to control which dialogs are given priority.
Goldtiger01Mairu
  1. Do you agree?17 votes
    1. Yes
       88% (15 votes)
    2. No
       12% (2 votes)

Comments

• OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    The bigger issue is that G19 starts at all without requiring players to have either gotten to chronologically or consciously choose to start it. This combined with the fact that it's not in anyway flagged as being more difficult than G1 or being later in the main story makes it perfect trap for a new player.
    Mairu
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited March 3, 2017
    I think the storyline quests should only unlock once the previous storyline has been properly completed or skipped (if it's a skip-able one).

Newbies getting g19 quests alongside g1 are probs super duper confused, which will only discourage them from keeping this game installed in the first place.
    ImaizumiMairu
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 4, 2017
    nomigid15 wrote: »

Not really. I was doing g1-g2 with my alts and after talking to Duncan, Meven and Kristell once, the quest continues on Farmhand, which is a good way to stop it from there since that NPC is not in any previous Generations and you can just simply ignore that guy until you are finished. You are not forced to finish g19 first.

Mairu
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Greta wrote: »

Not really. I was doing g1-g2 with my alts and after talking to Duncan, Meven and Kristell once, the quest continues on Farmhand, which is a good way to stop it from there since that NPC is not in any previous Generations and you can just simply ignore that guy until you are finished. You are not forced to finish g19 first.

Yes, but that's still far enough for the first prophet to appear in Tir Chonaill, where they'll then remain spouting nonsense forever.
    Mairu
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Yes, but that's still far enough for the first prophet to appear in Tir Chonaill, where they'll then remain spouting nonsense forever.

To add to this, how would a new player know to stop there? Heck, the way the quest log works means that players have to scroll past divine knights to get to advent of the goddess. It's like they want new players to do it first.
    Mairu
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Greta wrote: »

For anyone interested in the story, Duncan ends up talking about the events of G18 (not exactly saying the names of G18 characters), but still leaves the player confused.
    Mairu
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    I just thought I'd bump this since the recent Novice Benefit stuff is kinda making me feel tempted to try starting up again, but knowing this issue probably still hasn't been (and may never be) resolved is leaving me rather discouraged. ;_;
    Mairu