Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event

Comments

• FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    edited March 13, 2017
    Orkane wrote: »
    Aeolys wrote: »
    It's really easy to complain, but easier to get stars.

The sass is real.

Assassination
    Its really easy for strong players to say "just do X shadow mission on hard, its really easy because I can do it".
    I'm not really strong, so I got into a group spamming conflict hm. Got about 30 stars in an hour. It's really easy to complain, but easier to get stars.

So basically, do what -removed- of Alexina does and leech.
    That is actually a viable method, since most people do not care if one out of 3 people are strong enough to lullaby and bash things to death, or even 2 out of 4. I dislike it having this as the most viable method however. There should never be a real point where we encourage people to do so in order to accomplish something, but alas, the whole reason why Elites have no requirements is due to this.

Anyone can make these shadow missions a lot easier, even of they are on the weaker side. I actually just did a few runs with the horse man, and he did his part. It wasn't the usual 45 second run, because we didn't have anyone hitting 27k crits with a lance, or pew pewing things with a 300mil gear set, but we got there. Final hit is the mvp.
    Senyuni
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Coming from a laggy bard on the Alexina server, I've been going to conflict spams just to buff, lullaby, and heal with nimbi when I can
    no ones gotten mad yet, a leech is more of a person who takes money and doesnt do anything, as long as youre doing your part, no matter how small it may seem, people won't mind
    runs dont have to always be under a minute, cos in the end you still get the end chest, and we're all just spamming it for pieces either way
    Tl;dr dont pick up gold unless people let you, do what you can.
    FoolieCoole
  • PavePave
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    So, I've been using chisels since the day the event came out and I still only have 1 star piece completed. I see many others with the pet already. Am I insanely unlucky or what? :(
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Final hit is the mvp.

-squints over at elf QQ thread-

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 13, 2017
    Orkane wrote: »
    It's really easy to complain, but easier to get stars.

The sass is real.

Assassination
    Its really easy for strong players to say "just do X shadow mission on hard, its really easy because I can do it".
    I'm not really strong, so I got into a group spamming conflict hm. Got about 30 stars in an hour. It's really easy to complain, but easier to get stars.

So basically, do what -removed- of Alexina does and leech.
    That is actually a viable method, since most people do not care if one out of 3 people are strong enough to lullaby and bash things to death, or even 2 out of 4. I dislike it having this as the most viable method however. There should never be a real point where we encourage people to do so in order to accomplish something, but alas, the whole reason why Elites have no requirements is due to this.

Anyone can make these shadow missions a lot easier, even of they are on the weaker side. I actually just did a few runs with the horse man, and he did his part. It wasn't the usual 45 second run, because we didn't have anyone hitting 27k crits with a lance, or pew pewing things with a 300mil gear set, but we got there. Final hit is the mvp.

Spots are limited, although Conflict is far more lenient than Tait Defense, but these enemies pack a lot of punch and health points, and I cannot really underestimated such missions, especially if you lack the gear to kill them quickly. A party could be unreasonably weak enough that failure is a viable ending and they are taking spots from others who could do it well enough, especially considering my personal idiom "low levels shouldn't have to do high level missions". I do not really have a lot of problems with having people be carried by friends or randoms, I just find Nexon encouraging such a practice in an event to be a jerk move.

In any case, the horse needs to be ostracized from runs. He does not fight at full strength, and this strengthens the chance of party wipes when there aren't any powerhouses to counteract this wholly intentional gimping. This is essentially the aspiring millionaire dropping into an elite Sulfur. It doesn't even matter that party is overpowered. As long as he doesn't have permission for this, he knowingly taking an increased risk of failure and slowing down the entire party for self benefit, which I find to be a jerk move.

This is problematic when a great deal of people do this simultaneously, and a party wipe is likely.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    edited March 13, 2017

Spots are limited, although Conflict is far more lenient than Tait Defense, but these enemies pack a lot of punch and health points, and I cannot really underestimated such missions, especially if you lack the gear to kill them quickly. A party could be unreasonably weak enough that failure is a viable ending and they are taking spots from others who could do it well enough, especially considering my personal idiom "low levels shouldn't have to do high level missions". I do not really have a lot of problems with having people be carried by friends or randoms, I just find Nexon encouraging such a practice in an event to be a jerk move.

In any case, the horse needs to be ostracized from runs. He does not fight at full strength, and this strengthens the chance of party wipes when there aren't any powerhouses to counteract this wholly intentional gimping. This is essentially the aspiring millionaire dropping into an elite Sulfur. It doesn't even matter that party is overpowered. As long as he doesn't have permission for this, he knowingly taking an increased risk of failure and slowing down the entire party for self benefit, which I find to be a jerk move.

This is problematic when a great deal of people do this simultaneously, and a party wipe is likely.

While I do agree with your principle, it's more a problem with mabi's awkward early-mid game phase being completely pointless and only semi-skippable than it is a problem with the event itself. The event just happens to highlight the issue a little, unfortunately.

Don't claim that the infamous -removed-, rumored to be the horse of a Dullahan, is not doing his part in shadow missions just because you don't agree with with his strategy and setup. That transformation is great for increased movement speed, and gives a reasonable boost to tankiness. Damage isn't everything. Not only that, but but the animation-less windmill of a horse is great for surprising enemies.

Also, by going into a mission with him in their party, people are giving him permission to do this, unless they don't happen to know of him, and even then, it only takes one mission to figure it out.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 13, 2017

While I do agree with your principle, it's more a problem with mabi's awkward early-mid game phase being completely pointless and only semi-skippable than it is a problem with the event itself. The event just happens to highlight the issue a little, unfortunately.

Don't claim that the infamous -removed-, rumored to be the horse of a Dullahan, is not doing his part in shadow missions just because you don't agree with with his strategy and setup. That transformation is great for increased movement speed, and gives a reasonable boost to tankiness. Damage isn't everything. Not only that, but but the animation-less windmill of a horse is great for surprising enemies.

Also, by going into a mission with him in their party, people are giving him permission to do this, unless they don't happen to know of him, and even then, it only takes one mission to figure it out.

I do not see the consent being anymore consent than contracting a virus without knowledge. You are correct, in that establishing level requirements with the function is why such a thing is generally used, and leaders are responsible, but I do not think it is fair to excuse the offender due to a victim's ignorance, even in cases where the victim should have acted with more concern for the wellbeing of others and themselves. If people choose to let him in out or apathy or such, then it is consensual. My problem is that it sometimes isn't, and that he does not ask, purely because this would betray the troll act in the first place.

True, transformation mastery does enable a high degree of tanking, but with problems like conflict, one of the guards will inevitably die when your damage with a transformation and the base damage of a dreamcatcher, or worst, take an absurdingly long time to kill something. There are perfectly viable tanking alternatives that doesn't rely on 300 more hp, which goes down like crazy without armor, and at that point, the mighty glacier is problematic when you are getting hit more often than if you just bashed or spam attack the monster to death.

Although, earlier, you bring up a good point. Power leveling is encouraged too much, even despite ap being award periodically for achievements.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I've spammed about 15 SM's today, no Red Star Piece.. if I buy that one, will I still have enough star coins for the suit? :/
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    @Sherri
    Assuming you have started on day 1, and haven't missed a day in collecting at least the chisels so far, we will have a total of 110 coins thanks to the 1st day giving 10 due to the quest. So yes, one may spend up to 20 coins and still would have enough for the suit, but that's all that's allowed to be used for that.

But yes, got 4 star pieces the first day out of sheer luck, then eventually got 2 of the 3 I needed. I'm still stuck without a Violet one unfortunately... So I may just buy that one if I don't get one, after getting my suit.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    the attendance also comes with pet adopt medal... what a coincidence
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited March 13, 2017

Excuse me, but this -removed- guy kept joining in the party milliseconds after being kicked out over and over again, giving no time at all for new people to enter, so the party leader didn't really have any choice.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    that's kinda of a lame excuse. the party leader could have taken down the recruitment, put on a password, then kicked the guy. and whispered the password to someone who was interested to join
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Arjune wrote: »
    that's kinda of a lame excuse. the party leader could have taken down the recruitment, put on a password, then kicked the guy. and whispered the password to someone who was interested to join

Agree. I put on Defense r1 requirement in my party, apparently that horseman didn't rank it much (duh, all he does is spam WM and Smash). One guy suggested me that once when i started to scream next to the altar when that horse guy was really stubborn to stay in my party lol.

• DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I GOT 3 BLUE STARS TODAY AND I ALREADY HAD THE BLUE ONE
    BLERRRRGHHHHHHHH
    qauF25a.png
    *VOMITS ALL OVER THIS THREAD*
    badnewsbarrettCrimsọnGretaKingEphySherriIyasenuAlymere
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Daktaro wrote: »
    BLERRRRGHHHHHHHH
    qauF25a.png

Haha! Love that screenie!
    CrimsọnDaktaro
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Daktaro wrote: »
    BLERRRRGHHHHHHHH
    qauF25a.png

Usually I get red ones. But...that might be too graphic. ;)
    DaktaroGretaXiokunSherriIyasenu
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Is the star piece suit dyeable and does it has idle motion?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    ShouK wrote: »
    Is the star piece suit dyeable and does it has idle motion?

No and no.
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    edited March 18, 2017
    I see some discussion on the horseman of Alexina (and some being salty), and all I have to say on this is:

According to some sources (search it up on /r/mabinogi), the player is a 70 year old man that loves horses. Who knows if that statement actually holds any ground, but if so - be nice to your elders, yo? And if not, just in general? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Conflict is already easy enough as it is if only one person has FH, so as long has everyone is contributing in some fashion and not afking, then there's honestly no problem.

Also, the suit is undyeable and has no idle pose, for anyone that likes to know. Someone's trying to sell the F version for 15m in Alexina which is almost funny, really.