Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

KR mabi player first time playing American Mabi

DebYoniDebYoni
Mabinogi Rep: 235
in General Chat
Hi guys, I'm Korean mabinogi player. I made my account in Alexina server.
There are quite many noticeable differences! It is interesting.

I wonder what kind of combat style is popular in US server.
In Korean server, most of people prefer double sword (to use final hit skill) or reforged fire wand as a spirit weapon.
There are other type of people too, but most people say those two are the cheapest and the strongest way to grow. I feel like more than 80% of people play with two swords or reforged spirit fire wand. And as they grow they end up very strong shooter.

I know many people have different preferences on their combat style. But is there any specific popular weapon/combat style known strong in American server?

Sorry if it seems like pointless question.

Also feel free to ask anything about korean mabinogi. (or say hello to me if you are korean playing in alexina server! )
FeliceSherriBleuiedarkchaos125

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Welcome to our side of the world. I always assumed that playing American Mabi was like using Internet Explorer or having an AOL email compared to Korea.

We here also love sword melee...a lot.
    DebYoni
  • DebYoniDebYoni
    Mabinogi Rep: 235
    Welcome to our side of the world. I always assumed that playing American Mabi was like using Internet Explorer or having an AOL email compared to Korea.

We here also love sword melee...a lot.

(Is this how I can reply?? it's first time for me using this forum )
    Hi Bliss, haha it is not so hopeless as explorer lol.
    tbh i personally think there are pros and cons..
    i was surprised when i recognized G19,20 main stream is going on in here now. We did this 3 yr ago. And new story is still not coming up until now! Currently the Director changed in November, and it seems like he's trying many new things. Now in Korean Mabi, we can fly in some places in Uladh (flying at Tir Chonaill and Dunbarton!!).
    But I noticed some weapons which does not exist in korean mabi already exist in American Mabi. It seems cool. Korean mabi players are wanting them.
    We have more people obviously. This is good when you need to trade items, but i feel like people can get closer to each other if there are less players (also it seems like there are less macros in American server. There are quite a number of automatic players in korean server. This sometimes make the prices unstable, and make it hard for newbies to earn gold. It is better to play with real people and interact.

I really want to use two sword. I used to play like that in Korean server. but somehow i made my character elf in American server!
    At the moment i'm playing with bow, but it is too hard.

• NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Welcome to our version of Mabi.

I'm a Giant over on the Tarlach server who prefers using Lance combat and a sword and shield. I'm all physical based with very little magic attack and resistance. XD
    DebYoni
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Welcome to NA! I'm on Alexina server as well if you'd like to have some in-server friends :3c (ingame name is Senyuni as well)
    I'm not too big on combat myself honestly, more of a bard/buff person, all I know is that depending on what people us I gotta spam the right buffs LOL, sometimes it's a pain.
    I dunno if I have any KR questions, other than fashion-related questions LOL
    DebYoni
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited March 8, 2017
    Hi there!

6EmMDgV.png

as much as I would enjoy using 2 swords and final hit I'm stuck waiting for that new wind guard and set of maces :P I do love my ego fire wand spam as much as the rest though

4uagjsM.png

I also like lance with judgement blade, and just bashing the crap out of stuff with my fanatic sword. Gun/Shuriken combo is great too

I used to use puppetry but now it's not really as viable as it used to be :<

I actually had a question about the new grandmaster update... can you tell me more details about it? how many grandmaster can you have active at a time? still just 1? etc etc

also I'm curious which weapons we have that korea doesn't? that's interesting to me :o

I'm in Mari server
    Hiroki05
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Welcome to NA!

Hope you're having fun in our community!
  • BeliahBeliah
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Welcome! I'm over on the Ruairi server. Duel welding is my main combat style, though I use final hit sparingly so I don't become reliant on it. What swords are popular in Korea to duel weld with?
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited March 10, 2017
    Blaze.
    Blaze everything, till there is nothing left.
    Don't mage if you don't blaze
    Neyna
  • KomaruKomaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Swords mostly, but eventually, I'd like to go back to archery. Cause pew pew~ c;
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Please tell everyone at KR to stop sending gatcha only items and investigate NA! Everything in NA is a mess!

b004b3d216f5eb8c62f8bae97806525d.gif
    CrimsọnHiroki05SherriVioletBoyCarlizeDaktaroUnislootsDarkpixie99
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    As an elf, I find myself switching between several different combat styles and weapons depending on the situation.
    -Fast Clear (Guns & Ninja Star)
    -Single Target (Knuckles & Wand/Guns)
    -I like to do damage too (Control Bar, Staff, Wand) for solo blaze
    -I don't want to get close to that (ER Bow, Ninja Star)
    -I make your life easy (Control Bar & Melee Weapon) Act6 then Rage Impact
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Welcome to our jungle~ Beware the Kirito and Asuna Fanboys/girls, an enjoy your stay.

I haunt the Alexina servers as well, so I may run into you if you ever decide to run around on Channel 2, as for combat in general...

You won't find much of a difference between what was popular on KR and what's popular here. Archery is an all-but-forgotten form of combat as for every main archer, there are at least 20 gunners or ninjas, 100 lancers and 200 warriors. Magic as a whole is widely used, however ice seems to be favored the least and fire favored the most. Beyond that, watch out for gold spammers and general scammers on Channel 1 and when in doubt, Windmill your way out.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 9, 2017
    Yeah these gacha "events" are getting tiresome.

So the director is working on other things? :(
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    edited March 9, 2017
    Dual Wielding has been pretty popular, yeah.

As my strongest character is an Elf I go for improving on anything I think I can get away with, so I wind up being a walking death factory, though Magic, Dual Guns and Alchemical pursuits are among my strongest.

I hope to see more 2 Handers that Elves can use.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    TtheHero wrote: »

Maybe we'll see some plastic swords or lances in the future.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Please tell everyone at KR to stop sending gatcha only items and investigate NA! Everything in NA is a mess!

Lay off the OP. She is not responsible for any of this, nor does she have to relay problems directly to the devs on a foreign Mabinogi website.
    badnewsbarrettVioletBoy[Deleted User]ArjuneHarukariRukiya
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    TtheHero wrote: »

Maybe we'll see some plastic swords or lances in the future.

Heh, doubt it. If we have something like the Cursed Killer Sword, they're not gonna take a step backward with plastic.

• Crisis1Crisis1
    just get a soluna blade ;) that's a 2H elves can use
    [Deleted User]
  • VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Welcome! Not sure how long you been playing the NA Mabi, but what you like in the NA Server that is rare in the KR Server?

I mainly use magic with my hermit staff, however, before moving to Alexina, I use MA on my giant at Mari and it really helpful for me since it is a starter talent. Not sure if the controls are different in Korea, but so happy i could easily use the skills.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    watercat0 wrote: »

Lay off the OP. She is not responsible for any of this, nor does she have to relay problems directly to the devs on a foreign Mabinogi website.

G9tpYT8.gif