Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anniversary Event Incoming?

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
in General Chat
It's almost that time of year again where Mabinogi celebrates its anniversary. Can't wait to see what's coming to us. =D
badnewsbarrett

Comments

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    They Skipped Doki Doki for Valentines day and there wasn't much of a Christmas event.
    If they do something "special" it will be something AKF or Got-ya-pon laden.

SylviaWolfe
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited March 8, 2017
    Maybe the fact that the Flight ability was nerfed (can't use it in Field Boss Zones anymore. RIP me finding out when I got run over by a Giant Lion that suddenly spawned) they felt it wasn't as popular an idea. That and the fact we already have one type of collection event going on as well as the X-O event, perhaps Nexon felt that players would get overwhelmed if they did Doki Doki too.

Also Doki Doki isn't always held in February, they had it in September one time. Perhaps we'll have it for Spring. =3
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Don't care about Doki Doki, give me Homestead Candy Bonanza or Lorraine's Nightmare instead.
    [Deleted User]MeyCrisis1PeloiBleuieKingEphy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Well we have a couple weeks before we have to start worrying. What did KR get for their 9th?
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't care about Doki Doki, give me Homestead Candy Bonanza or Lorraine's Nightmare instead.

Lorraine's nightmare is available in Festia and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Most of the rewards it gives are pretty terrible, but it's there.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Orkane wrote: »

Lorraine's nightmare is available in Festia and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Most of the rewards it gives are pretty terrible, but it's there.

It is a lot better with more people and mages though. In the Festia version, fighting the liches doesn't even seem to be a feasible option.
    Imaizumi
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    give me Homestead Candy Bonanza

Was that the one that had the dye jars that you fished up? I really want that event to return. I have tons of junk that need dyeing lol.
    MeyhyaciinthCrisis1Imaizumi
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well we have a couple weeks before we have to start worrying. What did KR get for their 9th?

I might be wrong but didn't they get Mabiland again but with updated prizes?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I don't expect our 9th to be anything too special, but our 10th better be mind blowing. So many times we thought this game would die within the first few years. Every year people would say this over and over. But we survived and we are almost there. We will continue to endure into the next decade.
    CarlizeLeineiAstralBlueDaktaroKingEphyImaizumi
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Shoog wrote: »
    give me Homestead Candy Bonanza

Was that the one that had the dye jars that you fished up? I really want that event to return. I have tons of junk that need dyeing lol.
    WXSWqh5.jpg
    yes it is.
    KingEphy
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I think we had mabiland at march 18th the first time and march 16th the 2nd time so I suppose we should be getting it again soon XD Also when we get it, I don't think it's going to be in Tir Chonail field anymore. There's a spot in festia for the cave of trials now as well as for the roulette wheels. it's likely being moved to Festia
    GretaNegumiko
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 9, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    I think we had mabiland at march 18th the first time and march 16th the 2nd time so I suppose we should be getting it again soon XD Also when we get it, I don't think it's going to be in Tir Chonail field anymore. There's a spot in festia for the cave of trials now as well as for the roulette wheels. it's likely being moved to Festia

That would make sense too because they wouldn't have to move all the guildstones. =P

Also this would be the perfect opportunity to give us double vip passes!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Arjune wrote: »

That would make sense too because they wouldn't have to move all the guildstones. =P

Also this would be the perfect opportunity to give us double vip passes!

Hey, maybe they'd add stuff that would go in the "Limited" festia tab.

Like event-only achievements from event attractions.

Though double VIP passes would be nice, if there were limited time event attractions, I doubt they'd let us play those, if the VIP pass' description holds true.
    A pass that grants access to all Festia attractions, except limited-time mini-games and attractions.

Still, more passes for normal attractions would be good.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Idk if anyone saw the announcement on the front page but we're getting a title and pet giveaway for the anniversary and GM events the following week so I'm not sure whether we're getting an actual event or not... I have a feeling we aren't though tbh. (Though I'm glad for the giveaway at least.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Idk if anyone saw the announcement on the front page but we're getting a title and pet giveaway for the anniversary and GM events the following week so I'm not sure whether we're getting an actual event or not... I have a feeling we aren't though tbh. (Though I'm glad for the giveaway at least.)

Yeah the valentines event was lack luster. I hope this is not becoming a new trend. I like the GM events, but I hope it's not the only thing they are doing.
    SylviaWolfe[Deleted User]
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Yeah the valentines event was lack luster. I hope this is not becoming a new trend. I like the GM events, but I hope it's not the only thing they are doing.

Agreed. Not to mention that with school/work/life it can be difficult for people to log in at a set time on the day of the event in order to enjoy the GM event. Much better when is an all-day/all-weekend thing or longer.

• LeineiLeinei
    Hopefully, they have a GM in game for more than just an hour... =T
  • darkchaos125darkchaos125
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Leinei wrote: »
    Maybe the fact that the Flight ability was nerfed (can't use it in Field Boss Zones anymore. RIP me finding out when I got run over by a Giant Lion that suddenly spawned) they felt it wasn't as popular an idea. That and the fact we already have one type of collection event going on as well as the X-O event, perhaps Nexon felt that players would get overwhelmed if they did Doki Doki too.

Also Doki Doki isn't always held in February, they had it in September one time. Perhaps we'll have it for Spring. =3

I still think we should have pets in field boss battles in the open >.> Even without pets, there are guilds that try to hog the bosses for themselves 'anyways' e.e
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Leinei wrote: »
    Hopefully, they have a GM in game for more than just an hour... =T

Yeah...hated trying to adjust my schedule just to pop in for one hour.