Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

First Time Seller, Couple of Questions.

RukiyaRukiya
Mabinogi Rep: 850
in Help
Hey there!
I want to sell a somethings that have been gathering space, gave some away but the rest hoping to sell. I know about the market place on this forum and will be making a thread there of the things I have.

Here are my questions ^^.

1. If I make a thread on here, should I still open a shop in-game?
2. What is this housing board? All I ever seen is the party and quest board in game.
3. If I don't open a shop in-game, do people exchanges the items with me in a trade? Is that what "note me" means that I see when people make list on the forums.
4. I know you can use the mail box to mail things, but IDK how that works, is it a good thing to do for selling things?

Thanks for all your help~

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    1. Yes. Not everyone in game checks the forums here, so you should still open a shop with all the items you are selling. Also, be sure to check back and see if people respond to your thread.
    2. The housing board allows you to search items that are up for sale in people's houses.
    3. When someone puts "note me," it means they may want to negotiate a price and/or trade for an item you have for sale. If you do not open a shop, then yes, people will exchange items with you in a trade. Items are usually just sold in a shop, unless it's an item that people are bidding on, in which case, you do not put that item in your shop, and when the bidding is over you trade that item with the person who had the highest bid.
    4. The mailbox for mailing items is only good for when people don't want to meet in game to trade with each other. It's useful for when, say, you're trying to sell an item to someone who lives in a different timezone, so you're not online at the same time. In that case, you would mail that item, and click the little box that says "request gold" and enter the amount you want to request. The person cannot get the item you mailed without paying the requested gold amount.

Let me know if you have any more questions~ And good luck with selling!
    Rukiya
  • RukiyaRukiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    1. Yes. Not everyone in game checks the forums here, so you should still open a shop with all the items you are selling. Also, be sure to check back and see if people respond to your thread.
    2. The housing board allows you to search items that are up for sale in people's houses.
    3. When someone puts "note me," it means they may want to negotiate a price and/or trade for an item you have for sale. If you do not open a shop, then yes, people will exchange items with you in a trade. Items are usually just sold in a shop, unless it's an item that people are bidding on, in which case, you do not put that item in your shop, and when the bidding is over you trade that item with the person who had the highest bid.
    4. The mailbox for mailing items is only good for when people don't want to meet in game to trade with each other. It's useful for when, say, you're trying to sell an item to someone who lives in a different timezone, so you're not online at the same time. In that case, you would mail that item, and click the little box that says "request gold" and enter the amount you want to request. The person cannot get the item you mailed without paying the requested gold amount.

Thank you sooooooo much! These answers help majorly :D

I do have one more question.
    What happens to your shop after you log out?
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited March 11, 2017
    Rukiya wrote: »
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

Thank you sooooooo much! These answers help majorly :D

I do have one more question.
    What happens to your shop after you log out?

Your shop will close, and you'll have to set it back up. Changing channels also closes your shop. Also, if you plan to venture away from your shop, definitely buy one of those Personal Shop Brownies from the NPC that sells shop licenses and use it. The brownies prevent your shop from closing automatically when you leave the area of where you are set up at.

An alternative to keeping your shop up is to buy a House (you must have Premium Service or VIP to use your house). Your house will always display your items you have for sale on the housing board, as long as you renew your fliers every day. It's very convenient for users who don't like to keep a shop open, as it allows you to sell items even while you are not logged in.

The housing board people refer to are the ones in each town, for example, there's a housing and party board near the Town Office in Dunbarton (where NPC Eavan is).

Here's a useful link if you are interested in using Housing.
    http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Housing

This guide, while it is about earning gold, also has a very informative guide on how to set up a personal shop:
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/319/faq-how-to-make-money-as-a-new-player/p1

Hope this helps, and good luck out there!
    Rukiya