Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Downloading everything again?! At this speed?!

FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
in Technical Support
I got a problem here eh.

I've been starting Mabinogi for a while but the launcher says 'update', I know there's no update according to the announcements so I've been turning off and on everything but it just stays that way.

Without anything else to go about it I just went and pressed update but it just downloads everything again! I went to the game folder and everything is still there and with my current speed right now it ain't gonna be easy to download everything again.

I really need to catch with what's remaining of the current daily calendar prizes (Especially the Opera Glasses and Pons) Is there a way to resolve this?

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    try the Steam version of mabi. Steam never randomly updates mabi except for when there is mabi maintenance.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I actually noticed this too when I tried using the Nexon launcher a few months ago. It wouldn't allow me to open the client without updating but the problem was, it was not updating the client immediately and would wait until a specific time. I quickly switched to using Steam instead. Maybe it was just my bad luck and bad timing with Nexon launcher? Idk, my issue might have been completely different than this one.
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    So should I download Mabinogi on Steam or add the game to it?
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I think adding it to Steam requires you to link the game's exe to it? I'm concerned that it may not work that way after the update. :( It's very well possible that it will need to be downloaded via Steam instead. I could be wrong but I'm just speculating.
    I'll try adding, I need to resolve this as soon as possible and if that doesn't work I'll just download over night.

Thank you Shoog and Negumiko for helping meh ;D
    Mabinogi Steam is unavailable in my region...
    Oop nevermind I just added and it worked thanks guys ;p