Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Steam is now broken

GenuisenieGenuisenie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
in Technical Support
The "Direct Launch" removal just broke the Steam version of your game...So a huge population literally cannot play the game right now.
0FiT3OP.png
Crossx2

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Wow, really... how did you not see this happening?
    vwkbugp.gif?w=664&h=373
    Crossx2
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    It's funny; I expected a major fail like this from Nexon, yet this still surprises me.
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    They seriously aren't going to leave the situation like this right? Steam is like the only source of publicity they have.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I'm a bit lost, I thought it was expected that Steam's wouldn't work...
  • SeyrenLKSeyrenLK
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Of course it's Nexon after all.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

People were asking whether it would work or not but no one gave us an answer that I'm aware of lol.

I connected mine to Steam last night in hopes this wouldn't happen...
    SkaidrojumiSherri
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    And with the launcher, I kept getting ngs security threat after a few minutes of logging in...................
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited March 16, 2017
    I think the thing that Nexon forgot about Mabinogi is that the Direct Launcher is probably, in a way, incorporated into all methods of launching.

As in, disabling it disables the ability to launch the game in any form.

Nexon said that Steam's version WOULD work.
    badnewsbarrett
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    ShouK wrote: »
    And with the launcher, I kept getting ngs security threat after a few minutes of logging in...................

Same very frustrating
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    People also complaining that they're getting booted by NGS with a PERFECTLY fresh client...Good job Nexon, everyone thinks you are VERY powerful.
    Greta
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    ShouK wrote: »

Topics now exist for this, and it does not look to be a small problem.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Not even home to be able to play... And I'm still freaking out
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    I think the thing that Nexon forgot about Mabinogi is that the Direct Launcher is probably, in a way, incorporated into all methods of launching.

Yes, that reasoning sounds perfectly reasonable given the current maintenance.
    latest?cb=20160527210106

• GenuisenieGenuisenie
    In fact the whole game is broken. You get NGSed 5 minutes after logging on, even with a fresh installation.
    GretaNilremSherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

Do you remember when they said Steam would work? o: Just curious, I didn't see them say that so I must have missed it :/
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 16, 2017
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    In fact the whole game is broken. You get NGSed 5 minutes after logging on, even with a fresh installation.

Wow, really? I downloaded my Nexon laucher way before when they announced no DL for their other games.

One Chocolate NPC later....
    286295832fd540868f411ccab14c6a8a.png
    Gretabadnewsbarrett
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Do you remember when they said Steam would work? o: Just curious, I didn't see them say that so I must have missed it :/

I think someone posted it in the thread announcing the removal of Direct Launch. Someone had also said that Steam has it's own version of the Direct Launcher, different from the one they just disabled.

That last bit seems incorrect now, though.
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    No, Steam still uses the Mabinogi.exe launcher...which is what they disabled. So they broke it, nice.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    edited March 16, 2017
    they broke the game in general, as I can't even use the nexon launcher to update -.-
    TI0HO52.png
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    No, Steam still uses the Mabinogi.exe launcher...which is what they disabled. So they broke it, nice.

Which surprises me, since, as a lot of other people have said, Steam is the only method of advertisement for Mabinogi left.