Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elves are FINALLY getting a perk/s?

Comments

• Rietty_KitttyRietty_Kittty
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    I disagree. I see AR as a humans ace-in-the-hole in archery, much like FH is for close combat. Giant Warriors/Elf Archers may outclass their human counterparts in general, but humans can pull these out and keep up.

No. Humans are horrible at archery compared to elves now. Even before they were bad. AR is useless. And elves can literally SPAM magnum now at AR rate.
    Kaga
    I guess all elves should just spam magnum then.

You mage? hide+hydra? gunner? ninja? melee? (lul)

DROP all that. Just start heavy reforging your boh set, get good bfo, bhafel/huntress, combo card etc. and mag spam.

The end.

Yeahh no, sounds boring as hell..

If this is how elves' future gonna be, all I have to say is this:
    Let's hope DevCat implements a race change option one day

No one is forcing you to use archery. And no one debuffed those choices.
    The Ladeca skills... I could really care less about. Elves clearly get the best boon, but at the same time, they don't really get that until they are Current Level 200.

They get the skill at level 100. Like everyone else. The stat buff is starting from level 50.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170

Already commented on why every goddamn elf feels forced to use archery, scroll up.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Kaga wrote: »

Already commented on why every goddamn elf feels forced to use archery, scroll up.

Not every Human wants to use Final Hit and not every Giant wants to use pure melee either.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Kokoro wrote: »

Not every Human wants to use Final Hit and not every Giant wants to use pure melee either.

Whether they want or not, FH requires less effort (gear wise) compared to archery.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 16, 2017

Whether they want or not, FH requires less effort (gear wise) compared to archery.

Maybe I'd like to use Alchemy as an elf/giant/human. Too bad no matter how much gold I invest into it it'll never be good for more than Hydra, Sandblast, and raincasting.
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    alch is mainly used as CC rather then damage. seen some pretty kickass flame burst tho.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 16, 2017
    Crisis1 wrote: »
    alch is mainly used as CC rather then damage. seen some pretty kickass flame burst tho.

Still useless
    uM2RB.png
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited March 16, 2017
    Exactly my thought they gave us elves garbage again. I think they want us to quit playing. Cause I m getting close to calling it quits. Just plain garbage
    KagaSherriKeop
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365

Why blind an enemy when you could kill it just as quickly? That's alchemy's main problem; if a crowd can easily be crushed, why control it? If the game was significantly more difficult, alchemy would be a lot more relevant for most people.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210

No we are not forced to use archery. But when I started this game 7 years ago. I wanted to be an elf because of the archery then about 6 years ago they nerfed the elf into being useless. They lost a ton of elf archers that all switched to magic because they ruined the archery, Now there ruining the magic for elves. This new skill is crap AGAIN about as useless as the last one. And I ve already talked to about 5 people that have had enough and are quitting. Not to mention the ton of people they lost when they nerfed archery about 6 years ago.
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Orkane wrote: »

Why blind an enemy when you could kill it just as quickly? That's alchemy's main problem; if a crowd can easily be crushed, why control it? If the game was significantly more difficult, alchemy would be a lot more relevant for most people.

'Cus lolis be trippin'.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »

Maybe I'd like to use Alchemy as an elf/giant/human. Too bad no matter how much gold I invest into it it'll never be good for more than Hydra, Sandblast, and raincasting.

It's funny, my main is an elf and I went into Battle Alchemy as my main talent. It's going to be my Grandmaster talent choice too. I find it a lot more fun than Archery because unlike archery, I can actually hit stuff. :D
  • yessireeyessiree
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    yessiree wrote: »
    Orkane wrote: »
    snip

Archery's relatively unreliable by design, and it's made worse by lag which many people cannot get around. It's hard to care how strong archery potentially is when it simply isn't working on the most basic level. With that said, I think the buff being given to it is a horrible way to try and fix a problem just like with final hit; simply throwing raw power at a mechanical problem isn't a great way to fix things.

Everything is "relatively unreliable" compared to something that's of a higher certainty. The fact that you can miss your shots at high aim % doesn't make archery less competitive than any other skillets in endgame. This is somewhat compensated with the update that allowed you to aim up to 100%, and then further remedied with this upcoming buff, to elves only, which increases the aim speed. And of course this doesn't even take into account the increased aim speed from reforges.

Everything is made worse by lag. If this lag isn't ping based (i.e. potato CPU), you really shouldn't factor this in.

People 'die' when they are killed.

The fact that one can miss a shot at a high aim% does not necessarily make archery less competitive than any other skillsets in endgame, but it can. Context is important, you know. It's a matter of "How often does this miss, at what cost, and is the end result anywhere near that of other modes of combat (on average)?" Unless you're working with reforges and/or live in California, it tends not to be.

But, speaking of context, there is that 'endgame' qualifier there. Depending on who you ask, endgame means reforged, so in that sense, I suppose you're correct.

This is why reforges were a bad idea. They're never going to be managed as they should be, and as long as that's an issue, they'll continue to be barriers to balance. Yes, all things receive crazy boosts from reforges, but archery goes from 'sub-par' to 'arguably the best talent in the game'. Honestly, it'd be great if they just took some of the advantages from reforges (nerf the reforges, not remove them entirely - it's too late now) and tacked them onto the skills themselves (particularly utility reforges, not damage).

Also, effective range and ele (in its current form) were both terrible ideas and they should be deleted, or at least nerfed into the ground.

Everything is made worse by lag, yes; but some things are impacted more than others. What lag would you say is CPU based?

Imagine you're an elf at endgame, what other skillset can even come close to matching the damage output from archery?

Let's be real here, reforge is not being removed in the game any time soon. How are you going to compensate people who have blown a fortune on it to get the exact rolls/combinations they want?

The lag I was referring to was FPS lag, caused by potato CPUs, since mabi is more CPU intensive. I was saying that these kinds of problems, shouldn't be factored in the equation. At any rate, how high of a ping are really talking about here? The NA servers are ghetto, sure, but if you're playing with that high of a ping, archery, let alone this game, isn't the only thing to be negatively impacted.
  • KeopKeop
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    Pepper wrote: »
    Exactly my thought they gave us elves garbage again. I think they want us to quit playing. Cause I m getting close to calling it quits. Just plain garbage

I welcome you to the club of elves who don't even play anymore but still check the forums occasionally to help complain about how elves suck at everything and humans are spoiled but keep acting like they're the real ones who need more attention.
    SylviaWolfeKagaNaomii66
  • darkchaos125darkchaos125
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    edited March 16, 2017
    can use active skill once per REAL day. 6AM PST. this goes for everyone so ...SIGHS

Humans get +50 spd
    Giants get 'slight' atk spd increase
    Elves get...nothing....A second FS really doesn't change much and 100% shots can still miss.

To describe this update as a whole, underwhelming.
    It's nice to see something decent for humans and giants.

I dislike your reasoning. You're acting as if missing 100% shots happen often. They do not, unless the rare moments where RNG strikes. We just notice it more when aiming slow, or using a potent move like final shot and getting trigger happy. In any case, the speed is "enough", if not using urgent shot to gain distance.

In any case. I think this update is underwhelming as well, reaching level 100 is tiresome, but 100-200 is where most people would just chugged exp fruit if they can, so what is the point?

I have no issue with speed. In fact this skil 'is' a copycat FS skill, I never said it couldn't be used in tandem with FS, but elves don't need another FS clone skill. Urgent shot alone roughly makes up for missing to an extent due to its decent cd. The other thing about missing is that...yes..it happens. More than you think. My 100% shots miss sometimes 40-60% of the time in sms.

The update was underwhelming for all races, I didn't want to believe the skills can activate only when your current reaches 100.

Also thanks guys, I didn't know it was a text/translation error.

Having no buff isn't the same as a debuff. This argument goes back to where elves would argue 'human/giant' gets this but we don't = debuff. lol

I saved my exp fruit for my retirement, though I'll need to be past 100 to reach the 200 i want. (retire from training/fighting that is)

Never said there was a debuff.
    Also it's easier for giants to cap INT vs elves capping str.

Elves having more str (after hardcap, if you use caters to cap it first) won't make elves better than giants in melee, but giants with more int than elves after hardcap CAN make them better than elves in magic (since they can use ALL magic skills, like elves) and more int = more m-att.

So all in all giants can be better melee/mages than elves.

Thankfully I really don't care about giants being able to mage/melee better than elves for some reason. Maging and getting INT is easy for everyone so no biggie =P
    Keop wrote: »
    Pepper wrote: »

I welcome you to the club of elves who don't even play anymore but still check the forums occasionally to help complain about how elves suck at everything and humans are spoiled but keep acting like they're the real ones who need more attention.

Thankfully I still play but I'm only in the forums if there's something like an update like this. I have no qualms of humans being op or the master race.

No. Humans are horrible at archery compared to elves now. Even before they were bad. AR is useless. And elves can literally SPAM magnum now at AR rate.

yyyyeaaaaahh I gotta admit that as well. As an archer you find out real quick that spamming normal shots at certain enemies is fatally detrimental to your survival and flow of the fight, but only if they don't have knockback or stuns.