Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The graphic stuttering in this game is unreal.

CalmWinterCalmWinter
Mabinogi Rep: 815
edited December 15, 2016 in Technical Support
I came back for the MusicQ update...but god the graphic stuttering is madness.

Look at that, it's not the gif, that's how i see it in-game.

The messages.
Yui flying.
Your character.

Everything stutters every 1.5 seconds. It's almost unplayable.

I play other MMOs that require way more from the user system than mabinogi (Blade&Soul for example) and i get no stuttering or anything.

Comments

• andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    Yeah sure. And how old is Mabinogi compared to Blade and Soul?

Right.
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Do you have "Hide Quest Info" option turned on?

If not, try turning it on in the options, that should help.
    CalmWinterMarad
  • CalmWinterCalmWinter
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    edited December 15, 2016
    andrewngn13

Right.
    All right, how about elsword?

Both were released around the same time.

Korore
    Korore said:

It...it worked?!

AMAZING!!!!!!!

10/10 solution.

It went from stuttering a lot to no stutter.
    Kinsen
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    edited December 15, 2016
    CalmWinter

andrewngn13

Right.

Elsword isn't exactly dealing with an open world sandbox as opposed to a platform game.

To add on to that, I have no idea where you got your release dates. Mabi was released in 2004, almost 3 years earlier than the first release of Elsword in Korea 2007.
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    CalmWinter

andrewngn13

Right.

Korore
    Korore said:

It...it worked?!

AMAZING!!!!!!!

10/10 solution.

It went from stuttering a lot to no stutter.
    Glad to hear it worked for you!
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    andrewngn13

CalmWinter

andrewngn13

Right.

Elsword isn't exactly dealing with an open world sandbox as opposed to a platform game.

To add on to that, I have no idea where you got your release dates. Mabi was released in 2004, almost 3 years earlier than the first release of Elsword in Korea 2007.
    i play nfs most wanted and i dont stutter, its open world, its more graphically advanced, and it has been released about a year later after mabinogi :D
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Julie
    Julie said:

andrewngn13

CalmWinter

andrewngn13

Right.

i play nfs most wanted and i dont stutter, its open world, its more graphically advanced, and it has been released about a year later after mabinogi :D
    I don't think cars had to use blue bows.
  • JulieJulie
    andrewngn13

Julie
    Julie said:

andrewngn13

CalmWinter

andrewngn13

Right.

theres blue spoilers instead.
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Julie
    Julie said:

andrewngn13

Julie
    Julie said:

andrewngn13

CalmWinter

andrewngn13

Right.

Do they prevent the car from flying and reduce graphical load?
  • JulieJulie
    andrewngn13

Julie
    Julie said:

andrewngn13

Julie
    Julie said:

andrewngn13

CalmWinter

andrewngn13

Right.

Do they prevent the car from flying and reduce graphical load?
    yes and possibly yes
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Well, it's been pretty well known that Mabinogi's engine (Pleione) has been very dated, and really hasn't been updated to take advantage of PC hardware advancements.

And for some reason, the way it renders text is what causes A LOT of frame drops. So if you have a lot of quests not yet completed, that's why leaving the quest marker enabled causes framerate issues. It's also why doing things like opening the pet window (if you have a lot of pets) or the chat history window slow the game client down.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Korore
    Korore said:

You would think that Nexon KR would come and fix the font lag that we get. It would be nice to have the quest info help up while playing without so much lag/stuttering from it. Wish they would give us a heads up as to why they haven't yet.
  • NikomisNikomis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Hardmuscle

asnscorpio

Korore
    Korore said:

You would think that Nexon KR would come and fix the font lag that we get. It would be nice to have the quest info help up while playing without so much lag/stuttering from it. Wish they would give us a heads up as to why they haven't yet.
    They already did give you a heads up as to why they haven't yet, and that's because the engine they are using is extremely far behind in technology. There may be a few things they can do in the current engine, but they are very limited. Until or unless Mabinogi is completely rebuilt in a new engine, don't expect much to change.
    IIRC, for a short period just after we received the new HUD/UI update, we had a font that DIDN'T have the lag issue. The problem was, the font had no outline, so it was hard to see it on busy backgrounds, like where lots of characters or shops were or in places like Vales, and there was some behind the scenes issues with it. So they went back to the old font, which allowed for the outline and didn't have the issues, but gave us font lag.