Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Mabinogi & Steam Mabinogi

FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
edited March 18, 2017 in Town Square
Is there a difference between the two?

I can play Nexon Mabinogi but I can't seem to download Steam Mabinogi due to it being unavailable in my region (I live in Brunei Darussalam) And while I'm at it, which is better? I'm having a bit of a problem with the Nexon Launcher and I'm curious if Steam Mabinogi has any problems and if yes what are they and are they less complicated than the Nexon Launcher? (In your experience)

Comments

• AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Is there a difference between the two?

I can play Nexon Mabinogi but I can't seem to download Steam Mabinogi due to it being unavailable in my region (I live in Brunei Darussalam) And while I'm at it, which is better? I'm having a bit of a problem with the Nexon Launcher and I'm curious if Steam Mabinogi has any problems and if yes what are they and are they less complicated than the Nexon Launcher? (In your experience)

Steam!Mabi is the same, only you get the option of Steam's overlay and ability to purchase NX Credit using Steam's payment methods. Unfortunately, at least of this writing, it isn't available in all regions due to-- if I recall-- something with Steam's licensing.

In my experience, they both run just fine, I've only had occasional issues with the NxL, but nothing major. The Launcher can be closed after loading the game, so concerns about resources can be allayed through that.
    FilthyRedDevil
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    I see thank you for sharing that!