Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

What do you think i should do (I am banned)

HyoukariHyoukari
Mabinogi Rep: 540
edited March 18, 2017 in General Chat
After a complicated situation, i've been perma banned from Mabi, but I've proven to the GMs time and time again that I broke no policies. I've copied and pasted all their terms of service and almost everything I can get on their rules.

Long story short: I ended up getting the account information of someone and ended up misusing the information. Though I was perma banned despite the person not crying ban or anything happened. Through many days and about two months now of fighting it, if I send any more tickets they'll ban me from the ticket system. I've spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours playing the game. I love Mabinogi it's become a second home like it has for most of us. The only thing they have to say against me is "Account trading" but if that's the case why isn't the other person banned? Since they are the ones that gave out the information. I've even proven it with screenshots and more that they did it and that they admit to not being hacked or anything of the sort but I still am not unbanned.

I feel like this is really unjustified and I can't help but keep trying to get my account back. Can anyone give advice that'll make them listen? Because if I have to send in another ticket I have to make it count because I will get banned from the system with my next. (The ban took place two months ago so I've been fighting it for a long time.)

Edit: Can't help to mention as well that they strongly claim the person who i "hacked" didn't send in a ticket saying they weren't and that they didn't explain the information but i have a screenshot of their ticket and the date/time they sent it.

Comments

• AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Part of me sympathizes with you, another part of me thinks you got your comeuppance, and another still thinks this sounds a little strange. The use of the word 'misusing', as well as the rest of the sentence, is especially suspicious.

How did they come to suspect you if the person didn't send in a ticket? I can't say for certain because I don't know how they do things, but it sounds like you must have done something stupid to draw attention to yourself, or you really didn't take the account with permission from the original owner. As for why the other person wasn't banned, I see no reason for them to be unless you literally exchanged accounts, meaning they're using yours (or one they took from someone else). It's kind of sad (assuming this is all true), because they should be held responsible, morally. But they're not using a misappropriated account.

In any case, you can hardly make them listen. Even if you haven't taken someone's account without their blessing - and I don't think that screenshots alone are sufficient evidence of this, though I don't know what 'more' is - I'm pretty sure account trading and the like is not allowed. In terms of convincing them, you would probably have to have someone to help you convince them, who can interact with them at the same time as you (i.e. definitely not you) and knows stuff like previous/original passwords and associated e-mails (i.e. not just some friend you got to say "Ya i gave this account to my friend here lol"), if there are any. I'm not sure it'd be enough, but I can't think of anything better than that. I guess you could try to take the legal route, but from what I remember reading on the old forums (I don't actually know much about this myself), it'd most likely be futile, and I doubt it's worth it to begin with anyway.

This might sound kind of mean, but I'd rather see you be screwed out of your account than see you potentially get away with stealing it from someone else. That's not to say I think you did steal it, because I have little reason to think either way, but it sounds like Nexon is definitely handling this as they should.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Don't know what else to say except for "He who offers the account, loses the account."
    Both parties are at fault, and if their account doesn't show up on your IP address...you still have to take some punishment for not reporting someone who offered account information for whatever reason.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Your post is too vague. How am I suppose to trust your word?
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited March 18, 2017
    I've been perma-banned from a MUCH different game from a company who just doesn't care to listen, and even gave an insanely false and crazy reason for that ban to me. With Nexon, i'm not really sure if they're a company who is willing to listen to reason, but all i can say is that if they're already denying all the information that you throw at them, it'd just be best to move on or just start a new account. I can't really offer real advice because I've never had a problem with bans from this company, but I can definitely say that there is probably no hope left for your account, cause after all, they don't HAVE to listen.
    I've been perma-banned from a MUCH different game from a company who just doesn't care to listen, and even gave an insanely false and crazy reason for that ban to me. With Nexon, i'm not really sure if they're a company who is willing to listen to reason, but all i can say is that if they're already denying all the information that you throw at them, it'd just be best to move on or just start a new account. I can't really offer real advice because I've never had a problem with bans from this company, but I can definitely say that there is probably no hope left for your account, cause after all, they don't HAVE to listen.

I disagree. There is a legal criteria for "have to or not", but I think morality plays another role altogether, as in "they should". Point being, I do not think we should base most actions on what people are legally obliged not to do or do but rather, if it is the correct action to take.
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited March 18, 2017
    Solution:

1. Make new game account

2. Don't buy anything

3. Become a lesser but free player
  • discopolicediscopolice
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    edited March 18, 2017
    wait, aren't you the guy from the subreddit - the one who took your 'friend's' account info and 'temporarily took' some of her valuable items to 'teach her a lesson'?? love how you went intentionally vague on the official forums when you didn't get any sympathy there.

anyway, you're an awful friend and (apparently) not very smart, so no points in your favor here
    Carlize[Deleted User]
    wait, aren't you the guy from the subreddit - the one who took your 'friend's' account info and 'temporarily took' some of her valuable items to 'teach her a lesson'?? love how you went intentionally vague on the official forums when you didn't get any sympathy there.

anyway, you're an awful friend and (apparently) not very smart, so no points in your favor here

I would not make accusations, but here is the reddit you were referencing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mabinogi/comments/5yk0w6/banned_forsomething_that_isnt_even_in_tos_but_it/#bottom-comments

Not saying it is him. It may not. Let us keep an open mind.

[Deleted User]
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    "and ended up misusing the information"

Yes.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    edited March 18, 2017
    Okay, hold on I have a feeling you're the dude on reddit who complained about the same thing, except you've worded it differently on reddit. If you're not, shame on me I know but in chance you are, your ban is fully deserved. If you aren't... It honestly still sounds like you did something banworthy because nexon doesn't really ban that often. Even Joey only got a warning for using mods, and not perma'd.

EDIT: as a runescape player this also sounds like one of the "I didn't bot my account my grandma's cat hacked it so I'd get banned" type threads.
    CarlizeRukiya
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    If they told you they'd bar you from the ticket system entirely if you brought it up again, then you did something either incredibly rude or annoying to them over these past two months. They probably won't do much to help you if you truly did that, and there isn't going to be a way to ask them for assistance if they truly will bar you from CS entirely.
    tl;dr start over with a new account and don't be a ding-bat in the ticket system next time.
    This might sound kind of mean, but I'd rather see you be screwed out of your account than see you potentially get away with stealing it from someone else. That's not to say I think you did steal it, because I have little reason to think either way, but it sounds like Nexon is definitely handling this as they should.

Gonna ditto this as well.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to reddit or not so I'll copy paste it. Like I said, it sounds so close just worded differently, it's even in the same style.
    I had a friend who I knew gave her account information out too much. I was one of the people she allowed access to. In order to teach her a lesson about it, I changed the password, and temporarily removed some of her items. I would give her a little heart attack and then tell her and restore her items and teach her not to give it out so freely. Except...I had work. My problem was that I neglected to tell her about it until after she submitted a ticket saying her items were gone. Which resulted in me getting banned. I had full intention of giving everything back. If I had told her, no ticket would have been submitted and I would be clean. But here's where the trouble is. My specific situation is nowhere in the TOS, user abuse, code of conduct, or ANYTHING. Yet the GMs refuse to unban me. It's a PERMANENT one. In any case, she did something wrong by giving out her account information in the first place. The one I contacted recently said my account is perma banned because I logged onto her account...one time. She said nothing about the "missing" items. It made no sense to me. By that logic, shouldn't my friend's account be banned? Why would my account be banned if she was the one violating TOS in the first place? I don't want her to be banned, but how do I come back from this? If I had malicious intent and I truly meant to steal her items and ruin her account forever, then I would think I deserve a permanent ban. But it's one huge misunderstanding. The logic of the GMs isn't making any sense. My friend even sent in a ticket asking them to unban me and they never replied. She got her items back through support anyway. So what in the sam heck can I do? I lost a lot, and I want my account back. If you think I deserve it then that's fine, but I would implore you to read over the TOS, code of conduct, and user abuse policy once more

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Define "Misusing"!
  • SetsurinSetsurin
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    the main problem is, you were using another person's account. it doesn't matter whether you had permission or not. the point is, it WASN'T your account. if you didn't make the account, then Nexon was right to ban you for using it. personally, I pride myself on all the work I do in any game. and, I feel sorry whenever I end up giving up all the hard work that I put in if I decide to give up playing it. but, the point is, I did all the work not someone else. benefiting from someone elses' work is morally wrong in the way you did it. personally, I think both accounts should have been banned if the "screenshots" presented were valid.

the thing about playing games like this isn't all about the best items or the quickest way to power, but the journey along the way. what's the point of playing if you're going to have someone else do the work or cheat your way into power. I have seen many people on many different games get rightfully banned and complain about it. in this case, I believe you were rightfully banned and should accept your punishment. there's no use crying over spilled milk, just clean it up and learn not to spill it again. either that or just don't play the game anymore. and, if I sound heartless, it's because I've also seen true cheaters get out of bans on a technicality or through hacking the system to unban themselves in other games and it is a real pain to all the honest players when that happens.

so, my point is simple. don't do the crime if you're not willing to do the time. you've admitted to doing the crime, so live with the punishment.
    NegumikoRukiya
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Hyoukari wrote: »
    Long story short: I ended up getting the account information of someone and ended up misusing the information. Though I was perma banned despite the person not crying ban or anything happened. Through many days and about two months now of fighting it, if I send any more tickets they'll ban me from the ticket system.
    1. "ended up misusing the information" suspicious and also vague
    2. "despite the person not crying" didn't they send a ticket in when they realised their items were taken? and that's why you got caught and banned?
    3. i agree with other poster in the thread if it got to the point where they're gonna ban you from tickets either you must have been rude/disrespectful to them or they aren't gonna change their mind without some seriously solid proof :c

the only way i could see it possibly being resolved is if the person 'hacked' or the 'victim' or whichever made contact with nexon staff themselves, explained the whole situation politely and respectfully with proof and begged for your account back for you. but idk.

if you are the person from the reddit.. (not saying you are, but if it was the case..)
    "Yeah. This perma ban has been going on for 2 months now. It's really been eating at me. What's (censored)ing rich is that a few items went to my boyfriend's account, but he only got a 30 day ban while I got a perma. We share the same IP. None of that makes any sense right...???"
    if you were just taking items to 'teach the friend a lesson' why did you give some to your boyfriend too??

SaffronBeige
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    68433627.jpg

Is what I say to this thread because everyone read the reddit, and was there to see what actually happened.
    CarlizeSylviaWolfe
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You know what you should do? Just make a new account and try not to do anything stupid that might get you banned.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 19, 2017
    Daktaro wrote: »
    if you are the person from the reddit.. (not saying you are, but if it was the case..)
    "Yeah. This perma ban has been going on for 2 months now. It's really been eating at me. What's (censored)ing rich is that a few items went to my boyfriend's account, but he only got a 30 day ban while I got a perma. We share the same IP. None of that makes any sense right...???"
    if you were just taking items to 'teach the friend a lesson' why did you give some to your boyfriend too??

@Daktaro Where did you find that stuff on the boyfriend? Perhaps he got a reduced ban because they only received the stolen items? I don't know.

Two things surprise me about this thread. The first is the fact that the OP hasn't come to try and say that the person from the subreddit and they aren't the same person (nor does their profile say their forum account is banned), and the second is that this thread hasn't been locked.

Also, at OP, I agree with many of the posts. I'm sorry, but the 'misusing the information' bit is just too sketchy. How did you misuse the information?

If you are the person from the subreddit that took your friend's items to teach her a lesson on how to safe-guard her account, that's definitely not good. What happened to taking your friend aside in a PM and telling her not to give out her details? If something happened as a result of her actions, that would have been on her. However, what you did was basically the digital version of walking into someone's house and taking some of their stuff to your own house just because said someone always left their house unlocked. It is still breaking and entering, lesson intended or not.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Leinei wrote: »

Two things surprise me about this thread. The first is the fact that the OP hasn't come to try and say that the person from the subreddit and they aren't the same person (nor does their profile say their forum account is banned), and the second is that this thread hasn't been locked.

The post was made on Saturday and it's Sunday now, so there isn't a Nexon Employee that could lock this thread. You could also assume the post was made purposely on Saturday because of the "2 days no gms/cms", but that's just speculation.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 19, 2017
    @NekoLily There are however Volunteer Forum Moderators like @Shoog and @Korore that work to maintain the forums in their free time. They have the ability to lock threads.
    Greta
This discussion has been closed.