Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How to get such a clean picture of character?

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in Town Square
9nX42rb.gif

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Don't forget to add some information to your threads, not just the title only. :P

I've heard that gifcam is good for getting animated gifs. I use Screen To Gif but it tends to crash at times when saving the gif files.

The image you posted above was from one of the Nexon announcement pages for gacha.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Shoog wrote: »
    Don't forget to add some information to your threads, not just the title only. :P

I've heard that gifcam is good for getting animated gifs. I use Screen To Gif but it tends to crash at times when saving the gif files.

The image you posted above was from one of the Nexon announcement pages for gacha.

so it not possible to find a white room in mabi of always daytime or ingame character view x.x ?
  • ShoogShoog
    Not that I'm aware of, sorry. D: Nexon probably places a character model on a blank, white background to get the animated image like the one in your post. At least, that's what I'm going to assume since that's what I've done in my digital design classes at college.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Most likely there's a "white room" if the devs/staff were responsible for the image. It's common in games, especially in RPGs.
  • Jag272Jag272
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    I know that in some mabinogi videos, people go into dunbarton library and use the door as a blackscreen to key out. Blackscreen is hardly ideal compared to a white/green screen, but to my knowledge it still works. I believe in some places (homesteads used to be popular for this) grass with graphics settings on minimum worked reasonably well as a green screen too.

As for official nexon stuff though, its definitely done using some external tool that interacts with the engine, or an ingame dev only location, its very commonplace for devs.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited March 22, 2017
    For something like that, you could use Mabi Character Simulator + GifCam or something.
    I don't know what they use with items like that.

6Pw6LDi.gif
    Shoog
  • ShoogShoog
    Sai wrote: »
    For something like that, you could use Mabi Character Simulator + GifCam or something.
    I don't know what they use with items like that.

6Pw6LDi.gif

As many years as I've been using that simulator, I had no idea it had this option. Pretty nice! :)
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited March 22, 2017
    Since I use lots of animation software, you could probably use traceman and paintman. It'll succeed in erasing the black library-door background from a moving image sequence :)
    And you can simply replace it with white, or add your own background.
    ---Can use Virtual Super Resolution to get ginourmous gifs.

That way you don't have to deal with nasty transparency artifacts from the char sim
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Mabi Character Simulator page its in japanese :(
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Sheena wrote: »
    Mabi Character Simulator page its in japanese :(

Yes, that's because it's made in Japan or by a Japanese person that probably is a bit familiar with English Translation, because only a selection of items is translated. There does seem to be a difference in items that are listed in the JP simulator compared to the items that have launched in NA. My guess is the guy or guys who do this are volunteers, much like the Mabinogi World Wiki. It says a Mabinogi Simulator for general use if you use Google translate, so that's probably the likely answer. If not, then Japan must have really nice staff who made the site for fun in their own personal free time.

• GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    edited March 26, 2017
    Id recommend going to avon or tara castle to take pics/gifs in good lighting. I believe those places are the next best thing to what you're trying to achieve.

However it also depends on how well and clear mabi renders for you on your computer.

There is also this https://mabi.sigkill.kr/charsimulator/?lang=en for a mabi simulator, imho its better since you can also play around with reforges and enchants on gear and see stats and what not.
    If you click generate gif on the bottom of that simulator you do get a white BG gif of the character doing w/e action its doing

I don't think the generators can generate chairs though? I haven't played around with them too much so i wouldn't know for sure