Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Failed to installation...

HybirdWolfHybirdWolf
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited December 19, 2016 in Technical Support
For some reason every time I open Nexon launcher and click update on the game it keeps popping up fail installation or something close to that, which means I can't even start the event and I was looking forwarded to the bard bag, I did recently take an month or so break from playing tho, and just uninstall and then install the game...
So if anyone can offer some advice to help me, I would appreciate it...

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Have you tried clicking the cogwheel button in the Nexon Launcher and repairing the installation from there?
  • HybirdWolfHybirdWolf
    Korore
    Korore said:

Have you tried clicking the cogwheel button in the Nexon Launcher and repairing the installation from there?
    Umm Yea and I still get the same response...
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    An alternative to using Nexon's launcher is still available if you browse to the folder that you installed Mabinogi to C:\Nexon\Library\Mabinogi\appdata. If you have had the game working in the past you should find something name Mabinogi.exe, just run that and it will use the classic style Mabinogi updater.
    If that isn't working you can delete all other files from the Mabinogi folder, and run Mabinogi.exe and it will obtain and install all the files from scratch. It may take a bit longer to download using this method, but if it works the results speak for themselves.
  • HybirdWolfHybirdWolf
    Tsumuku
    Tsumuku said:

An alternative to using Nexon's launcher is still available if you browse to the folder that you installed Mabinogi to C:\Nexon\Library\Mabinogi\appdata. If you have had the game working in the past you should find something name Mabinogi.exe, just run that and it will use the classic style Mabinogi updater.
    If that isn't working you can delete all other files from the Mabinogi folder, and run Mabinogi.exe and it will obtain and install all the files from scratch. It may take a bit longer to download using this method, but if it works the results speak for themselves.

Well After searching for an while I was able to find and run the game, but another problem has reared it's head... Now an NGS error pops up ever time I try to run the game...
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    HybirdWolf

Well After searching for an while I was able to find and run the game, but another problem has reared it's head... Now an NGS error pops up ever time I try to run the game...
    You need to add exceptions to you anti-virus and DEP as well to avoid that error (unless it's being caused by something else installed on your pc).
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    If the above method works for you and you want to keep using that, go for it. If not though, try this:

Delete everything in C:/Nexon/Mabinogi
    Delete everything in C:/Nexon/Library/mabinogi/appdata
    Delete everything in C:/Nexon/Library/mabinogi/patchdata

Do a fresh install using the Nexon Launcher. After the install, you can copy everything out of C:/Nexon/Library/mabinogi/appdata, put it into C:/Nexon/Mabinogi, and launch from there using Mabinogi.exe (this is the old way of doing it).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 23, 2016
    Another suggestion I have when the Nexon launcher fails, try launching it from Steam.

Even Oneletter said that the Nexon launcher is finicky. I would avoid it for the time being. ^_^