Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Shadow Mission Lag?

timaeusstimaeuss
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
in Technical Support
I'm on a shadow mission in G19 called Incidental Inevitability with the crystal boars. Outside of the shadow mission, my internet is just fine. No lag or anything. Yet, when I'm inside the shadow mission, my internet seemed to severely slow down. It takes about a full minute for any of my skills to load, meanwhile the boars are beating the crap out of me and killing me. I can barely move and it's pretty much impossible.
Any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?

Comments

• TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    I'm not sure that this is limited to you. I play on Alexina, and spend most of my time on Channels 1 and 6. There have been times in the last couple days that upon entering an instance it feels as though there is a large amount of latency. Though the problem doesn't make the game unplayable, it does make it considerably harder to play. I can relate to frustrations with this.
    In my instance I'm playing from South-Central Texas, using Time Warner Cable.
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    I'm on Alexina as well. For me, it's pretty much unplayable, but I was thinking it was my internet because discord and my browser slowed down too. But I'm not sure why it only happened when I was in the Shadow Mission and this is the first time it's happened. I kept trying, but everytime I went back in that mission, the lag came back. Maybe I'll wait until after the next maintenance to try again.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    edited December 19, 2016
    Do you have another device that you can run a network speedtest with?
    Mabinogi doesn't use that much bandwidth, generally sitting at less than 1 kilobyte and only exceeding that when changing maps, or loading missions. It shouldn't be enough to disrupt your connection if you're on anything faster than dialup.
    With that being said, I've seen come evidence that supports that Mabinogi, or one of it's related anti-hack measures may have a memory leak. My girlfriend was recently doing G19, and encountered "Insufficent Memory" as an error a couple of times. The only things that were open were Mabinogi, Teamspeak, and Chrome that had two tabs open. She is playing on a system that has 16GB RAM, so it shouldn't be an issue. However, if you're reaching a memory limit it will definitely cause quite the unpleasantness with you computer and effect other applications.

Just do a little testing on the side, as well as provide some more information on the resource usage on your computer during the time that it is happening. It may help limit causes.

Good luck.
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    My computer has 24GB RAM, so I never really have an issue with memory running short. I've never had any problems with shadow missions and stuff either, just this time. I went to see if anything was eating up the bandwidth and found nothing of note really. I did do a test on my phone and it was slow there too. Perhaps it was just a coincidence that it slowed down in the mission?