Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make Gems/Jewels More Versatile

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,450
edited April 3, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Gems/Jewels are a common... issue among Milletians. They're given out from events like candy and many times we find ourselves simply dropping them since they have no real use beyond upgrading equipment and feeding Egos (the latter of which we all hope for a renovation, I'm sure). What I am proposing is to make them usable beyond just these two means.

We could use them as materials for new accessory items, crafted by skills like Handicraft, Blacksmithing, Engineering, and Magic Crafting. We could use them in Homesteads to make jeweled ornaments (goodness knows we could stand an expansion on homestead craftables). Small Gems are already used in Homestead items so Red/Blue/Green/Silver Gems (these five are common monster/prop drops) could also be implemented into the homestead and accessory crafting portion, but in regard to the accessory crafting, perhaps these gems would yield lower level accessories, while Jewel based ones (Ruby, Garnet, etc) could yield higher results.

Thoughts?
Leinei of Ruairi
  1. What would you use Gems/Jewels on?7 votes
    1. Making Homestead Items
       29% (2 votes)
    2. Making Accessories
       14% (1 vote)
    3. Both of the Above
       57% (4 votes)
    4. Other (Please Explain Below)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    I'll be honest here. I don't actually have this issue when it comes to gems (Overnight starvation = fun), but adding recipes with the precious gems as a material isn't a bad idea at all. One that comes into mind is those gem powders that are usually gotten from Gachapons. I can see that being made via Handicraft, and the grade can be a bit random based on the size of the gems. Of course, let's make it one of the high ranked stuff so that there isn't a sudden explosion of it on the marketplace.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I agree that gems are handed out too often. They should either not be handed out so much, or they should have more uses (probably both). That said, I'm not particularly in love with any of the ideas you listed, probably 'cause I don't really care to decorate my homestead all that much. I'd rather see an improved gem upgrading system, or maybe include gems in some new part of the crafting process for gear.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I think one problem with gems is that the events give them out in massive sizes from 5cm to 10cm. If we were to obtain gems the "normal way" (metallurgy and metal conversion) we get piddly tiny gems and if we're lucky we get one 3cm large.
    And yes, more uses for gems would be lovely.