Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So.. When are the reforge bot shops going to die?

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited April 6, 2017 in General Chat
These bots seem to have some infinite amount of Nx available to them. They crowd dunbarton, and belvast market areas and place fine or credne reforging shops everywhere, then proceed to spam forever in high populated areas conducting RWT to shady websites.

There are even bots selling the 9th aniversary pack items as well in some cases.

I though you guys at nexon were against this, but it's running rampant on Alexina right now.

Comments

• KrukiaKrukia
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Tarlach too. I see people on alts or using bots to sell reforges and 9th anniversary boxes like crazy. What gives?
    GretaSylviaWolfeNilremTheNyanCat
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    This should be concerning if you guys do not already know, if it is true. NX commodities are something of a special area, and having them duplicated, or god forbid the duplication of NX, is concerning.

Of course, it may not be true.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited April 6, 2017
    I guess you gotta cheat to make the doe for those pihne armors and divine weapons.

Because god forbid Devcat/nexon tracks people's spending habbits in game anymore.
    FaithrendSylviaWolfe
    Froglord wrote: »
    I guess you gotta cheat to make the doe for those pihne armors and divine weapons.

I do not mean to express doubt without reason Froglord, I just wonder how come Nexon put their foot down concerning something that affects them heavily at this point.
    And yeah...there are a lot of aspiring people with reforge shops open.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited April 6, 2017
    The bar has been lowered, and it's pretty obvious.

They never stood for those giant bots farming raccoon fomor scrolls 5 years ago, and they're flatout doing nothing to the bots that are selling hundreds of fine reforge kits for 700k a pop.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 6, 2017
    Yeah i noticed many freshly made characters in Belvast selling such things and i was wondering "What's going on...?". At first, i thought it's probably one of those bots who spam around in chat, but no, they just calmly stand there for days, doing nothing and some of them had opened shops nearby with all these NX items in there. I even saw some shops FULL of various Direct Dyes that you only were able to get 1 of each kind on Hot Time Event... Yup, Mabinogi became as Mulenogi, Afkinogi, Altinogi and Someshadythingshappeninogi.
    MirralChanTwelie
  • KrukiaKrukia
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    edited April 7, 2017
    -image removed-
    What is this? Amazing reforges? Notorious magic powder? on an alt? Doesn't make much sense to me..
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 7, 2017
    Krukia wrote: »
    -image removed-
    What is this? Amazing reforges? Notorious magic powder? on an alt? Doesn't make much sense to me..

I get feeling it's one of these kind of players who use alts to buy NX items and later sell it for gold or something along those lines. Some of my friends are using alts to sell stuff so they can change channels or log off in their main account, but i never asked about what they sell. Heck, i even have one friend who is around 1.4k total level and somehow has a pair of 50m worth CRKS. I would think it's his alt or he made new account, but no, he legit didn't even know some basic things, like where does White Dragon spawn. If you have such thing as fully upgraded, stepped and reforged CKRS i'm pretty sure you should already know where or when White/Black dragon appear... I'm pretty sure that guy bought them with real money or even something more shady was done there.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    They'll stop selling when people stop buying from them. I see then restocking a lot which means they must have plenty of customers.
    Kokoro wrote: »
    They'll stop selling when people stop buying from them. I see then restocking a lot which means they must have plenty of customers.

That will never happen. People are too unscrupulous. We will likely have to wait for Nexon to intervene.
    GretaBuffalos
  • asdfasdfasdfasdfadsfasdfasdfasdfasdfadsf
    Mabinogi Rep: 330
    I think the likely issue is that people use alts to increase their spending cap. You can only spend X amount per month with certain payments. Having alt accounts allows said person to spend as much as they want.

This is all speculation of course. We all know Mabinogi has been home to hackers/exploiters/botters since the beginning with little reprieve.
    Greta[Deleted User]
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Froglord wrote: »
    The bar has been lowered, and it's pretty obvious.

They never stood for those giant bots farming raccoon fomor scrolls 5 years ago, and they're flatout doing nothing to the bots that are selling hundreds of fine reforge kits for 700k a pop.

Nah its 380k to 400k ea. I kind of like those guys. They sell reforge for a fair price XD

Same here. I like cheap reforges. Still, it IS concerning to see alts suddenly have all these items.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 7, 2017
    I mean they could just simply be legit items people bought and sold on alts via a laptop or some other device apart from their main computer so they don't have to get harassed on their main character. You can't duplicate Nx, Nexon would notice something is up. But as long as there is no credit card fraud - they are good to go. It's their money.
    HCLWTheNyanCat
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    all i am reading is a bunch of paranoia
    CrimsọnSylviaWolfe
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Gaea wrote: »
    I mean they could just simply be legit items people bought and sold on alts via a laptop or some other device apart from their main computer so they don't have to get harassed on their main character. You can't duplicate Nx, Nexon would notice something is up. But as long as there is no credit card fraud - they are good to go. It's their money.

I thought this was the case when I saw two of them set up right next to each other when this first started happening. I've come to stop believing that given that there are at least ten of these shops on each of the servers at any given time now.
    You can't duplicate NX without alarms being raised, and large scale item duplication would have been caught by now. I'm starting to think this is how those gold websites get their gold to sell: buy NX and sell things under market value and mail gold off to a horde somewhere for resale.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Buffalos wrote: »

I thought this was the case when I saw two of them set up right next to each other when this first started happening. I've come to stop believing that given that there are at least ten of these shops on each of the servers at any given time now.
    You can't duplicate NX without alarms being raised, and large scale item duplication would have been caught by now. I'm starting to think this is how those gold websites get their gold to sell: buy NX and sell things under market value and mail gold off to a horde somewhere for resale.

What is the point of that though? You buy Nx, buy Nx items, sell those items for gold, and then sell the gold for cash...? I would imagine that they wouldn't be making that much profit. There is a standard gold to cash market rate (unfortunately). That doesn't make any sense.

What if...and this might be a bit out there...but...what if it's someone with a bunch of windows tablets and a awesome internet connection? Could be someone just doing it for the gold.

-shrugs-
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I'll keep buying from them, I would rather buy decently priced, then try to buy from people who sell nearly 800k for fine reforges and 2 mil for a credne.
    Xiokun[Deleted User]SylviaWolfe
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i saw some selling for 300k each. who ever did that is my bot senpai - lol
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240

What is the point of that though? You buy Nx, buy Nx items, sell those items for gold, and then sell the gold for cash...? I would imagine that they wouldn't be making that much profit. There is a standard gold to cash market rate (unfortunately). That doesn't make any sense.

What if...and this might be a bit out there...but...what if it's someone with a bunch of windows tablets and a awesome internet connection? Could be someone just doing it for the gold.

-shrugs-

I hadn't thought about it extensively until you said something but...

If the people selling gold are also the ones setting the price for reforges, isn't it possible that they just set it up so they get more moneys from selling gold they get from selling reforges, than they use to buy reforges? They may not even have to get the gold directly from selling reforges. What if they're still gold farming as they do this, and selling reforges is only to jump-start the market for gold? As long as it's not a huge loss, it may just be a minor 'advertising' expense.

On an even more conspiratorial note... *puts on tin foil hat*

What if some agent(s) of Nexon is selling reforges and selling the gold, not to profit personally, but to boost sales of NX? What if most or all gold sellers are actually doing this, and that's why Nexon won't get rid of them?