Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why add bonus's for returning players?

YoyokingYoyoking
Mabinogi Rep: 620
in General Chat
"To address the following:
Weekly Server Upkeep
Monthly Windows Maintenance
A new Game Update, including:
A new feature to give you more rewards for leveling up
A bonus for our Returning Users
And more!"

Why is it always that returning players get "buffs" some new outfits and other things???
Nexon is basically just saying you get benefits IF you quit for a bit then come back.
Like what? If we stayed longer then most that have quit where is our "bonus"

Just saying. Rant over.
Twelievampryn

Comments

• FirelinksFirelinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Kinda agree on this. During the master plan event. One of my friend came back and used the returning title to get x36 training xp. Bit overkill.

He was under 1k total so he ranked EVERY skills he could get and returned ap after each talents.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Returnees aways get benefits, but I think that's for the better. It shows they really do care about their older players and want them to stay for more of the fun. :) Our bonus for staying longer was the new skill that buffs our stats based on how large our total level is, and I really like it. I can see where you're coming from, but the minute us older players get benefits, the younger players will complain. And then before you know it, everyone gets benefits, and then those benefits become so equal they're not even 'benefits'.

But don't feel too down. Homestead expansions at least. :)
    xninjabluexGretaHiroki05HumiliatingImaizumiIonKaiityyZombiie
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Yoyoking wrote: »
    Why is it always that returning players get "buffs" some new outfits and other things???
    Nexon is basically just saying you get benefits IF you quit for a bit then come back.
    Like what? If we stayed longer then most that have quit where is our "bonus"

Just saying. Rant over.

Your bonus is all the time you spent on the game, plus the items you get from events (Some of them have been pretty neat lately too).

Having said that, they really should tone them down a bit, if what this guy said is true.
    Firelinks wrote: »
    Kinda agree on this. During the master plan event. One of my friend came back and used the returning title to get x36 training xp. Bit overkill.

He was under 1k total so he ranked EVERY skills he could get and returned ap after each talents.

The beginner benefits are also broken, since you can't access them after 1k. I guess that'll be fixed soon if Duncan is offering to reset everyone's skills after this update, and they might be giving everyone a great big book of everything too.
    Fweep
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    They need a very alluring hook to keep new and returning players running down that marathon to the endgame when the nearest players have a 15 mile head start and most people are sitting bored at the finish line.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

The beginner benefits are also broken, since you can't access them after 1k. I guess that'll be fixed soon if Duncan is offering to reset everyone's skills after this update, and they might be giving everyone a great big book of everything too.

*CHOKES ON WATER*

DUNCAN'S GONNA WHAT?
    Yup. This update's gonna make everyone completely broken.
    GretaSylviaWolfeTwelieKaiityyZombiie
  • KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I think they should do a hot time for the stuff they are giving to returning players and then the returning players can get the stuff whenever they come back but at least the current players get rewarded too.
    Xiokun
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Is the Potential System not enough?
    GretaFweep
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Is the Potential System not enough?

Exactly what i thought. Also we need to make returned players to stay with us, unless you want Mabinogi to die fast.
    Fweep
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    I don't think I've ever been part of an MMO that didn't offer super incentives for returning players. But I agree, on top of the Potential System, seems counter intuitive.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 13, 2017
    At this point, who has not quit for a month?

It does seem a bit overpowered, I admit.
  • s4reenas4reena
    tbh, iexpected potential sustem next week, not 12 hours after stream
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I wonder if Duncan resetting skills and the moonbook being accessable to everyone over 1k is the "bonus" for returning players, as a way to lure them back? Only thing I can think of, as I don't recall anything about that being mentioned on the stream. (Though of course, it could be something they didn't even mention, and in that case I'd have no clue lol.)
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

I haven't quit for over a month. =T

Would be nice if these returned outfits would pop up in the inventories of everyone.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140

I haven't TT
  • HappersHappers
    Mabinogi Rep: 735
    Berryswirl wrote: »

I haven't TT

I haven't either...
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    theres no sign of the moongate book for level +1k players (the one you use with gold)...
    did i miss something?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Really? REALLY? You honestly are complaining that people who have not played the game are getting benefits? Meanwhile people who have played the game every day have gotten All the AP, the skill training, the events, the hot times, the free pets, the free dyes, the free chairs, the FREE EVERYTHING and people are over here complaining that those who play the game every day or so are not getting enough.
    FweepRadiant DawnYokkaichiFilthyRedDevilGretaSylviaWolfeBlissfulkillKingEphyNilrem
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    edited April 13, 2017
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Really? REALLY? You honestly are complaining that people who have not played the game are getting benefits? Meanwhile people who have played the game every day have gotten All the AP, the skill training, the events, the hot times, the free pets, the free dyes, the free chairs, the FREE EVERYTHING and people are over here complaining that those who play the game every day or so are not getting enough.

The time you spent on the game isn't exactly free, you have a limit amount of it, anyways! The main problem is that those benefits geared towards the beginners tend to be amazingly good and only available to the new comers, while the people that stayed with the game for the ages pretty much end up with nothing special.

heck most of the event junk you listed gets replayed so those beginners will get those things if they stick around long enough, plus their benefits.
  • YoyokingYoyoking
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

I'm not complaining they get benefits. What I'm saying is we spend our time on Mabi. Its not really our fault they don't want to play? its not a benefit that we get "AP and skill training" JUST because we play the game like it should be? I'm saying they are giving returning players benefits while the loyal mabinogi players well we just get what everyone else gets (The "returning players") They get everything as well and if they spend just as much time as us they would be at the same AP and skill training but they didn't. I'm just saying when the returning players got the free "incubus wings" I was like????? I might as well quit for a bit and try get it like??? how does that make sense.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    of course bonuses are incentives for people to come back or to draw people in but it becomes a real problem if the bonuses turn out to be so good that it's simply worth not playing until they are obtainable.
    SylviaWolfeAlmostNotsuperCarlize