Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server is down?

Comments

• KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    Kaga wrote: »
    Don't let the negative person bother you, we're all in the same boat. :D

Glad to see you still act the same as you did in EU :)
    No one is judging people who play that early, but you can't expect Nexon to cater people who do play that early either (a.k.a the usual maint. time)

Yeah, I still act courteous to other players and try to be helpful whenever I can. :) I didn't make any comments about what you were doing, I told the other players that they didn't have to defend themselves because we have all spent more hours playing than we can count, including you, so time of day is irrelevant. :D
    Greta
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Don't let the negative person bother you, we're all in the same boat. :D

Glad to see you still act the same as you did in EU :)
    No one is judging people who play that early, but you can't expect Nexon to cater people who do play that early either (a.k.a the usual maint. time)

I didn't make any comments about what you were doing,

Calling another player a "negative person" just because they disagree with you? okay.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Gaea wrote: »
    Are they doing the update at 5:30 in the morning? Really?

I didn't know people in NA play Mabinogi at 5 AM on a weekday..

I hate waking up moments before needing to do something, so for school and work I'd usually get up ~4 hours before then and play mabi/read/watch netflix. Usually went to bed early because that meant even if sleeping was hard I'd still get enough sleep just lose out on my mabi time.
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,480
    I like getting up in the early morning before work to do some Mabi. It's that special quiet time where I can do something monotonous like rank a life skill while destroying some breakfast or blasting music through my headphones while I commerce for an hour or so. Helps me focus.
    Venenatis
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    An early maintenance? What sorcery is this? It fits with my schedule!
    Greta
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Hey, anyone remember the 8 hour G4 update? How about how it extended to more like 24 hours and people stayed up into the wee hours of the night until the devs said it will be down for an undetermined amount of time?
    Oh jeez... That debacle actually had some of my more addicted guild mates back then go crazy while I just found other things to do, namely homework and class assignments... XD

I just hope that sort of maintenance NEVER happens again... Didn't it end up being a few days worth of game down time and we ended up getting compensation for it? I do remember that Iria was just laggy as hell as soon as you stepped into Base Camp Quila from the port.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Kitsuyasha wrote: »
    I like getting up in the early morning before work to do some Mabi. It's that special quiet time where I can do something monotonous like rank a life skill while destroying some breakfast or blasting music through my headphones while I commerce for an hour or so. Helps me focus.

The day is much harder for me without that bit of quiet time every morning
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Hey, anyone remember the 8 hour G4 update? How about how it extended to more like 24 hours and people stayed up into the wee hours of the night until the devs said it will be down for an undetermined amount of time?

Yeah, I remember that. -_-
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited April 13, 2017
    Falcondae wrote: »
    Oh jeez... That debacle actually had some of my more addicted guild mates back then go crazy while I just found other things to do, namely homework and class assignments... XD

I just hope that sort of maintenance NEVER happens again... Didn't it end up being a few days worth of game down time and we ended up getting compensation for it? I do remember that Iria was just laggy as hell as soon as you stepped into Base Camp Quila from the port.

It was so many years ago, I cannot remember how long it really went. Did the maintenance start on Wednesday and went though the entirety of Thursday or part of Thursday? This massive downtime was not recorded in neither of the archived news of Mabinogi's main site nor the wiki.
    Also, the laggy quila base is normal since that is where EVERYONE is at when the update finally went up. The lag may be part of the past now according to this.