Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G3 Inquiries

FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
edited April 13, 2017 in Help
Is Cromm Cruaich soloable? I dced on the last floor, I was poorly prepared, most of my HP potion was gone by the time I reached the last floor, used judgment blade and that other crusader skill where it slowly takes some mobs hp many times, needed to use Teleport out of some rooms a couple of times with the help of a friendly ghost Alfie.

Equipment:
Fully Upgraded Royal Knight Armor Set
Black Dragon Knight Giant's Sword
Fully Upgraded Royal Crystal Wing Shield and Sword

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Can you deal 12,000 damage on him quickly before getting stepped on? I do not know how strong you are just from your gear.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    I remember taking Archers for my G3 final but that was way long time ago before they did the dinking around with the generations, though in general, high-leveled archers are pretty good to take in general since they can take advantage of the campfires to deal extra damage. We'd set up campfires and hide behind them so that he wouldn't stomp us. If it gets that bad, I'd suggest asking around. If you're on Ruairi, I'd be happy to take you on a Cromm Rampage. Haven't fought that old lizard in a long while.

What you can do is set a campfire, let your pet aggro Cromm and have it hide opposite of campfire and wail on it. Not sure if the WM trick still works with him when he's about to go into the air, but that's something to consider if it does. If you've fought the Prairie or Desert Dragon pre-update, then it's more similar to that than anything else.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Falcondae wrote: »
    I remember taking Archers for my G3 final but that was way long time ago before they did the dinking around with the generations, though in general, high-leveled archers are pretty good to take in general since they can take advantage of the campfires to deal extra damage. We'd set up campfires and hide behind them so that he wouldn't stomp us. If it gets that bad, I'd suggest asking around. If you're on Ruairi, I'd be happy to take you on a Cromm Rampage. Haven't fought that old lizard in a long while.
    Final hit can kill him within seconds though.

Now I do wonder whether it is soloable for giants and how.
    Greta
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    edited April 13, 2017

What you can do is set a campfire, let your pet aggro Cromm and have it hide opposite of campfire and wail on it. Not sure if the WM trick still works with him when he's about to go into the air, but that's something to consider if it does. If you've fought the Prairie or Desert Dragon pre-update, then it's more similar to that than anything else.

Thanks for the tip and offer but I'm on Alexina, I already made a post requesting for help but it doesn't look like anyone in the forums will help me. I'll have to directly ask for help in game.
    ShouK wrote: »

In seconds? Like if the player is a high leveld one?
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555

That's under assumption that the player has a decent amount of gear, enchants, level/stats, and skill ranks to do so. Usually for those just starting and using the generation quests to level up require a little bit more support than your veteran or someone who over-levels to solo content.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Not really. I had a friend final hit him, and he's training alchemy at the time (resetted his skills) so his final hit is not even rank 1. I'm not sure about his gear though but he was dealing similar damage as I did iirc during the dungeon run and I have about 600 strength at the time, with using only clean gears.
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Can you deal 12,000 damage on him quickly before getting stepped on? I do not know how strong you are just from your gear.

I dced on the last floor so I didn't even get to the boss room but I very much doubt I could do that much damage.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 13, 2017

That's under assumption that the player has a decent amount of gear, enchants, level/stats, and skill ranks to do so. Usually for those just starting and using the generation quests to level up require a little bit more support than your veteran or someone who over-levels to solo content.

I was around 6k ttl and killed G3 dragon with 5 Final Hits. I was expecting to have hard time since when i was newbie my friends got injured so bad, but seems like i was worrying too much when i was helping my friend lol. Also my gear was Green Beam Sword with no reforges and RK armor with Special and Imp enchants. That's all.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I have around 700 str and used dual shadow hunter spike beholder swords. When I tagged along with someone's G3/Final, I hit Cromm two or three times with Final Hit when me and the other party member was kicked out of the dungeon. We were confused and thought the leader disconnected. Then we realized we won and the leader is in the final cutscene and we were just booted out of the dungeon.