Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Classic cards gone?

LovePandaLovePanda
Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
in General Chat
I got a new friend to join Mabinogi last night, He said he only had one card... as apposed to the 6 he was supposed to get right? Have they removed that from game so you no longer get them when you start? If you still get them what would be a reason he didn't?

Any info would be helpful.

Comments

• FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    If I remember correctly you need to finish some beginners quest before getting them from Duncan or somewhwere in between the quest I think.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 14, 2017
    Is it at least a free all premium options card like before? (The first card on your account)

I rather have 1 card with all the premium features than 6 cards without.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Wasn't the 6-card thing a special way back when? I know that you can get a Free Elf and a Free Giant card if you start as a human, but I don't recall getting 6 basic cards. The only time I remember that happening was when they did an overhaul on the rebirth system.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Falcondae wrote: »
    Wasn't the 6-card thing a special way back when? I know that you can get a Free Elf and a Free Giant card if you start as a human, but I don't recall getting 6 basic cards. The only time I remember that happening was when they did an overhaul on the rebirth system.

I got 5 cards even after having started years earlier, as I only had one card (An Elf).

Maybe FilthyRedDevil is right.

I got 5 cards even after having started years earlier, as I only had one card (An Elf).

Maybe FilthyRedDevil is right.

Mhm you got that right darling!

Logged into my alt account last month that had only 1 card but after doing some beginner quests and talking to Duncan I got mah 6 cards!
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Huh, very strange then... Because on an alt account of mine, there are 6 classic cards on it but I didn't do their beginner quests, or at least not that I remember.
    Huh, very strange then... Because on an alt account of mine, there are 6 classic cards on it but I didn't do their beginner quests, or at least not that I remember.

Must be a new thing I guess cuz on my main I don't remember acquiring the extra cards through the mentioned method.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 14, 2017
    I know there was a sort of Veteran thing where if you joined Mabinogi before a certain date, you got the cards automatically without beginner quests.
    Felice
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Leinei wrote: »
    I know there was a sort of Veteran thing where if you joined Mabinogi before a certain date, you got the cards automatically without beginner quests.

Those that had a 3+ year old account at the time, got their cards for free when that was done.

As for new accounts/Players. You start with one card, (free premium options for hair and face). I believe, after you do the forced rebirth in the beginner quest string, you are given the remaining freebie cards (which are basic character cards, so no free premium choices.)

I forget when exactly they implemented that, but I know a lot of main elves and main giants who didn't pick human to get the free elf and giant assist cards, were overjoyed.