Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

some kind of graphics card issue?

SumiiroSumiiro
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Technical Support
Okay, so I recently tried to download Mabinogi on a newer computer and I was able to play for a couple hours immediately after download. Now, it doesn't work whenever I try to launch the game. I can get to character selection and even go to the Soul Stream by choosing rebirth, but the screen goes white whenever I try to get to the rest of the game. I get a warning before playing that says my system "does not ensure proper execution of the Mabinogi client" but I can still get to the Soul Stream. What's the problem and how do fix it?

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Sumiiro wrote: »
    Okay, so I recently tried to download Mabinogi on a newer computer and I was able to play for a couple hours immediately after download. Now, it doesn't work whenever I try to launch the game. I can get to character selection and even go to the Soul Stream by choosing rebirth, but the screen goes white whenever I try to get to the rest of the game. I get a warning before playing that says my system "does not ensure proper execution of the Mabinogi client" but I can still get to the Soul Stream. What's the problem and how do fix it?

First, ignore the "Your computer's specifications do not met Mabi's recommended specs" message; your computer can have specs that far overqualify and still get that message.

As for your issue, try seeing if you can move the camera? You may have just ended up with your camera at a weird zoom/angle. Although, the graphics card may also be an issue. Make sure your graphics card is up-to-date.
    Sumiiro
  • SumiiroSumiiro
    Tried moving the camera, but nothing happened. I can open my inventory and hear the menu opening, but the screen in totally white. Also the game registers that I logged in. I'm technically in the game but just can't see anything.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Are you in fullscreen mode? I find fullscreen mode to cause weird flickering every time I open a window or push a button. Try playing in windowed mode.
    Sumiiro
  • SumiiroSumiiro
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Are you in fullscreen mode? I find fullscreen mode to cause weird flickering every time I open a window or push a button. Try playing in windowed mode.

I can't even get to the options menu to try that out :/
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115

Hit Alt+Enter to force toggle windowed/fullscreen mode
    Sumiiro
  • SumiiroSumiiro

Hit Alt+Enter to force toggle windowed/fullscreen mode

That doesn't seem to do anything. Still just a white screen.
  • SumiiroSumiiro
    Fixed it! I had to go into the game files and restore the default settings. (I had messed with the video settings when playing that first time) Thanks for the help, guys