Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PLEASE READ! Scheduled Maintenance - APR. 19, 2017

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
edited April 19, 2017 in Vault
[UPDATE – 11:35 AM PDT] Additional testing is required as part of our scheduled maintenance, and will unfortunately require up to four (4) hours of additional time. Please see updated times below. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this extended maintenance.

Updated Maintenance Times:

PDT: 12:00 AM – 4:00 PM
EDT: 3:00 AM – 7:00 PM
GMT: 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
CEST: 9:00 AM – 1:00 AM (April 20)
AEDT: 6:00 PM – 10:00 AM (April 20)

----

On Wednesday, April 19, all services for Mabinogi will perform a scheduled maintenance in order to enable everyone around the globe to better enjoy Mabinogi and other Nexon titles. The following services will be offline during this time:
  • Game Access (Both Nexon Launcher and Nexon Steam Launcher)
  • Game Website
  • Game Forums
  • Account Login and Sign up
  • Account Billing
00HIC-902a4875-0fa6-4a98-a660-255d82d28aac.jpg

Maintenance Times:
  • PDT: 12:00 AM – 12:00 PM
  • EDT: 3:00 AM – 3:00 PM
  • GMT: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
  • CEST: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
  • AEDT: 5:00 PM – 5:00 AM (April 20th)

This maintenance is part of a global account migration from a specific Nexon America Account system to a Global Account system.

Once maintenance is complete, the process for logging in to our games will remain essentially the same. However, there will be a few minor changes for those players who currently log in with their Nexon username, as all account logins will now be performed using an email address. This will greatly improve the process of logging in across multiple titles.

The situations below will cover those players who currently log in with a username, and those who currently log in with either a verified or unverified email address. Please note that the following will apply across website login, the Nexon Launcher and the Nexon Steam Launcher moving forward.
  • If you currently log in with a verified email address, you should notice zero changes.
  • If you currently log in with your Nexon username, and is it associated with a verified email address, you will need only to confirm your email address. This email address will become your new login, in place of your username.
00J3q-2ec0f088-37be-4a23-a19a-10a7cfa61e16.jpg
  • If you currently log in with your Nexon username, and it is associated with an unverified email address, we will ask you to verify the email address in order to log in. This email address will become your new login.
  • If you currently log in with your Nexon username, and it is not associated with an email address, we will ask you to provide and verify a unique email address in order to login. This email address will become your new login.
00J3q-9cb8a0e0-a7ed-4531-8b87-69aadcad4743.jpg

As part of this account migration, please note that we are no longer allowing sign-up via a Facebook-connected account, and players will need to maintain a verified email address in order to participate across all Nexon titles. We also recommend you never duplicate passwords across accounts, and that you update your unique personal password from time to time.

If you have any issues with your account after this maintenance, please file a Customer Support ticket at https://support.nexon.net/.
Vitolan

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Ugh, just sounds like you're making it more difficult.
    AmesenpaiPolicromaAichann
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    can't wait to see wut issues come up from this !
    AmesenpaiAichann
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited April 14, 2017
    Saygo wrote: »
    This maintenance is part of a global account migration from a specific Nexon America Account system to a Global Account system.

Does this mean people overseas that could not play NA mabi before will now be able to join?

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Saygo wrote: »

Does this mean people overseas that could not play NA mabi before will now be able to join?

Global is misleading. "Global", in this instance, means NA/EU/AUS.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Just more of a push to centralize everything for all the wrong reasons, like how direct launch got axed.
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160

Wut? It's still just using fingers to type on the keyboard, the only diffrence is just switching to mail address.

Can't say there will be no issues in the future though.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    But... I already login with my email owo

Do I need to choose a new one?
  • SpkrSpkr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    NekoLily wrote: »
    But... I already login with my email owo

Do I need to choose a new one?

No, it clearly states "If you currently log in with a verified email address, you should notice zero changes."
    NekoLily
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Wut? It's still just using fingers to type on the keyboard, the only diffrence is just switching to mail address.

Usernames are usually shorter than email addresses,
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 16, 2017

Usernames are usually shorter than email addresses,

Since we are forced to use Nexon Launcher/Steam now, you won't need to constantly type in your email address when trying to log in anyway.

Try again, -removed-. (No idea why Mods removed last word. You should add explanation as to why you randomly edit/remove people posts, because that's not nice AT ALL)

EDIT: Oh okay, i checked the meaning of that word, apparently it has some inappropriate meanings and it doesn't fit to me at all lol, GG PlatinaKoki.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    NEXON was called just NEXON, once. Where everything was Global.
    Then they split up the two services for Europe and AMerica.
    Now they're mergin again.

What are you guys doing with your lives?

The login is going to be extra tediouus now, hooray. Because I hate my e-mail. You don't get creative with names when you're like 9.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 15, 2017
    TNinja wrote: »

The login is going to be extra tediouus now, hooray. Because I hate my e-mail. You don't get creative with names when you're like 9.

If you use Nexon Launcher, you only need to log in once and you will never need to type in your email/password ever again, only secondary password needs to be typed in every time you start up the game.They rarely do launcher updates, so you will need to type in your email/password really rarely.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Greta wrote: »

If you use Nexon Launcher, you only need to log in once and you will never need to type in your email/password ever again, only secondary password needs to be typed in every time you start up the game.They rarely do launcher updates, so you will need to type in your email/password really rarely.

this applies to the Steam Launcher as well. I only had to enter my email and first password once like 2 years and since then I have only had to use my second password. hopefully we will only need to enter our email once after this update.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited April 15, 2017

If you use multiple accounts, you will have to get used to the ol notepad-copy&paste game.
    --
    I made my main email address in 2000 with Yahoo and I know this feel. :)
    (Hey, my email address is older than a lot of the playerbase.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Sai wrote: »

If you use multiple accounts, you will have to get used to the ol notepad-copy&paste game.
    --
    I made my main email address in 2000 with Yahoo and I know this feel. :)
    (Hey, my email address is older than a lot of the playerbase.)

Same. I have an extensive notepad with all my emails and logins, which also includes passwords. Plus an easy to remember password on my computer. I don't worry about trojans and viruses because I practice safe browsing.
    Helsa
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    I got something to say about the up coming change on that day,I know is not easy to type e-mails but good thing there's a system called "Notepad" on any PC,but still i'm going miss using my user-name since it's easy for me to remember to type,I had a long run with it&now it's time for it to be gone forever...
  • vegerotvegerot
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Does this change anything with people that access Nexon games with Steam?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited April 15, 2017
    *sigh*

The email account I originally made my Nexon account from no longer exists. I get the feeling I'm screwed.

Holy frikken.....

It just let me change my email.

Like, with no fuss, no sending in half my life in personal documentation, no fax machines, no facebook... nothing.

What the hell?
    Crimsọn
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    @Policroma The only thing that it does to even let you know that your email has changed is send an email to the old email account letting you know that it was changed.

That actually leads me to my biggest complaint with this system, if someone does manage to compromise your account as it stands today, you can still track it down if you know your username (even if you sign in with email, and have never set one, you have a username). After the update, it seems that it may become problematic to track down the account if it gets stolen.
    I don't know if I'm stating that clearly or not. It makes sense to me, but I feel that it may not to everyone.
    Maybe to make it clearer, since I use my username now, if someone were to steal my account, I could let Nexon know that it was stolen, and what my username is. They search the username, they find they account, they have a chance to recover it. If there is no longer a username attached to the account, but only an email they don't have the convenience of simply querying a username to recover the account. So pretty much the same boat that all users that have been created since 2010 have been in.
    Shakaya
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Tsumuku wrote: »
    @Policroma The only thing that it does to even let you know that your email has changed is send an email to the old email account letting you know that it was changed.

That actually leads me to my biggest complaint with this system, if someone does manage to compromise your account as it stands today, you can still track it down if you know your username (even if you sign in with email, and have never set one, you have a username). After the update, it seems that it may become problematic to track down the account if it gets stolen.
    I don't know if I'm stating that clearly or not. It makes sense to me, but I feel that it may not to everyone.
    Maybe to make it clearer, since I use my username now, if someone were to steal my account, I could let Nexon know that it was stolen, and what my username is. They search the username, they find they account, they have a chance to recover it. If there is no longer a username attached to the account, but only an email they don't have the convenience of simply querying a username to recover the account. So pretty much the same boat that all users that have been created since 2010 have been in.

That is an interesting point. HOPEFULLY, they can't guess your security questions and answers. You'd be pretty screwed then.