Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PvP Tournament: Episode 2!

ArcherknightArcherknight
Mabinogi Rep: 555
edited April 14, 2017 in Mari Chat
Calling all milletians to the arena! It's time to find out who's it gonna be, this time! Ooohyeaah!... You know what I'm talking about! This Next tournament will be the biggest one yet! Erinn be prepared! Fomors be afraid! The Arena?! Bigger! The rewards?! You better believe a 10.2m(10,200,000 gold coins) prize pool! Are you up for the challenge?!

1st place = 5m
2nd place = 3m
3rd place = 1m
4th place = 700k
Winner of the loser's bracket = 500k

The rules will be just like the last except for a few very minor changes! (I'll be re-posting them in this discussion once it's ready). There is no entry fee for this one! If you'd like to compete just say so! If you'd like to watch then literally be my guest! lol.

We will be doing things a lot differently, this time! Last tournament we went one match at a time! Thanks to a bigger staff and a MUCH bigger arena field, we will be doing three matches at once! The goal is to cut down on time but maximize the potential fun! We will be giving more focus to Winner of the loser's bracket, Semi-finals, and the grand final(Winner of loser's bracket vs winner of the original bracket).

The Tournament arena will take place in Archerknight's homestead (Just like the last one). Those coming to view and compete please follow the rules and guidelines. The rules still apply to viewers too even if you're not competing (Minus the view equipment being on). please respect the competitors and don't bring negativity to the homestead. Action will be taken against toxic filth effective immediately. Remember that we're only here to have fun not make someone miserable! Respect all competitors!

All aside, there is no date for the tournament yet! However it is planned to take place sometime in May of 2017. I will post the official date here when it is time!

THANK YOU ALL! Let's make this Tournament the BIGGEST one yet! Let's show Erinn just how strong we milletians really are! See you soon, brothers and sisters! o /
  1. What do you think is the most effective (Or most used) skill set in PvP? Leave comment below of why.14 votes
    1. Life
       7% (1 vote)
    2. Combat
       36% (5 votes)
    3. Magic
       7% (1 vote)
    4. Alchemy
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Fighter
       29% (4 votes)
    6. Music
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Puppetry
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Dual Gun
       7% (1 vote)
    9. Ninja
       14% (2 votes)
    10. Hidden
       0% (0 votes)
    11. Beast
       0% (0 votes)
    12. Demigod
       0% (0 votes)
    13. Crusader
       0% (0 votes)
    14. Unlearned
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• ArcherknightArcherknight
    edited April 17, 2017
    Incredible! Thank you for the donations! We're up to 7m in the prize pool! Thanks to these two brave souls we will be choosing an earlier start date than usual for this tournament! I will be posting the rules here and the next post after will be the date of this new tournament followed by all of the competitors that will be enrolled into it!

Thank you for your contributions!:
    Foxx - 5m
    Faalika - 3m
    edited April 16, 2017
    PvP Tournament Rules:

1. Freedom of speech is allowed (Obviously). We ask that you please do not bring negativity to this tournament whether you’re a viewer or a competitor. We all know that the performance of players, in this game, extremely relies on network latency so please keep negative comments about that to yourself. We’re here to have fun. Too much negative speech will get you disqualified and/or kicked from the homestead.
    2. COMPETITORS! PLEASE READ THIS RULE CAREFULLY!: All reforged gear and weapons are allowed with limitations to weapons. The limitation is that they CAN NOT have any offensive stats capabilities (i.e. Lightning 6, fire 4, Dual gun max dmg 60000 lv. , Etc.). You will only be warned once! If you do not comply you WILL be disqualified. Utility stats such as hp, mp, or sp increases are okay.
    3. All competitors must have view equipment on in order to compete!
    4. No caters, bone chips, weapon pots, or any stat buffs of any kind whatsoever. We will know if you use these. Don’t try it. You will be disqualified with no warning!
    5. Shadow bind and Frozen Blast are not allowed. Do not spam Ice spear!. (Ex: One ice spear every 15~20 seconds is acceptable).
    6. Life Drain is not allowed.
    7. Summoning anything to the battle is not allowed. This includes golems.
    8. Puppetry, music, and crusader talents are not allowed.
    9. Spider Shot is not allowed.
    10. Mana Shield is not allowed.
    11. HP Potions are not allowed
    12. Transformations of any kind (This includes demi-god) is not allowed.
    13. Final Hit is allowed to be used only as a gap closer. This means you turn it on, you click once to attack, and you turn it off. You're not allowed to use Final Hit to its full potential.
    14. Elves are allowed to use final Shot to teleport away from the opponent only once. After which they must cancel the skill.
    15. Wind Guard and Way of the gun are not allowed!
    16. Bombs bought from the general cash shop are not allowed.
    17. The use of Personas is also not allowed.
    18. Any type of poisons applied to weapons will not allowed. Mirage missile is the only exception.
    Tsumuku
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    It's really cool to see that someone else has this idea. I streamed it a few years back. It made it to a third round before people lost interest. I wish you luck from Alexina (the better server).
    Scavern
    Thank you, Tsumuku! I appreciate it! We'll have someone streaming this one. It'll be super exciting! I hope people find it as entertaining as the last one! I'll post a link to the streamer on the day of the tournament for those who are watching outside of the Mari server or can't make it! Wish you the best from Mari! And thanks again! o /
    Tsumuku