Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Necromancer

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited April 17, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I have suggested this before in the old forums. We have all these different talents, even dual guns - which back in forums 1.0 I requested to have guns but it was...shot down. lel. But lookie we got it and most of you love it. Well now I propose a new talent with a bunch of new possibilities for skills. I present to you the long awaited Necromancer. We already have the scythes. Lets make it become reality like dual guns.

Just off the top of my head...we could have teleportation, ghosts and other creatures have it. We can summon ghosts and zombies to do our bidding. Proper dynamic scythe melee skills (kind of like Evie from Mabinogi Heroes). Lots of varied mystical projectile magic associated with necromancers...

I don't know...what else? Think of all the new outfits and armor that could be implemented because of this new talent. Squee!

Ok...how can I make it more complete?

Here's a pic?

eucliwood_hellscythe.jpg

That would make a nice crossover when we get this new talent. :O

Gaea of Ruairi
FilthyRedDevilGremmSherri
  1. Would you like to see Necromancer finally added as a new talent?34 votes
    1. Yes!
       76% (26 votes)
    2. No.
       24% (8 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 17, 2017
    Why is my suggestion in general?

What are you guys doing???

5M8ydTW.gif

First you moved it over to incomplete, and then general. Staaaaaahp.
    YangKoeteKensamaofmari
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I had something a bit darker in mind. What if we use Puppetry, Alchemy, and Magic? Puppetry because I want to control dead bodies like puppets, and even K.O party members that will buff my damage like Divine Link. (But, maybe a little nerfed so that it doesn't get too OP). I love the teleportation and dead people summoning idea, and maybe we should add some creepy alchemy stuff. Like sort of how we have life drain, maybe a cool necromancer skill that's sort of like that, but specficially for necromancy! Like maybe adding your own HP into a dead monster to bring it back to life, but be one of your soldiers? :3
    YangKoete
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Controlling the dead bodies of your comrades do sound interesting......Huehuehuehue
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I had something a bit darker in mind. What if we use Puppetry, Alchemy, and Magic? Puppetry because I want to control dead bodies like puppets, and even K.O party members that will buff my damage like Divine Link. (But, maybe a little nerfed so that it doesn't get too OP). I love the teleportation and dead people summoning idea, and maybe we should add some creepy alchemy stuff. Like sort of how we have life drain, maybe a cool necromancer skill that's sort of like that, but specficially for necromancy! Like maybe adding your own HP into a dead monster to bring it back to life, but be one of your soldiers? :3

Finally, a reason to use Adniel's Horn again.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 17, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »

Yeah those were some of the ideas I had as well, like a type of life drain...OH HERE WE GO. What if you performed necro life drain and it healed you and your party members? At rank 1 it would halve the mobs hp totals by half or even more! That would be pretty op. I would call this ability, Transference.

Ok THAT'S IT. Now my thread is back in incomplete. I am not going to put up with this.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited April 17, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

5M8ydTW.gif

The only thing I can think of is that you moved it yourself by mistake. Did you edit it after the initial post and then you suddenly found it in General section? The category might have defaulted to General without you realizing. Anywho, just moved it back.

There was a nice suggestion thread of this on the old forum. Stinks that everything was lost when that forum poofed. To make the suggestion complete some more content will need to be added, such as details and imagery.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    edited April 17, 2017
    Shoog wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

5M8ydTW.gif

The only thing I can think of is that you moved it yourself by mistake. Did you edit it after the initial post and then you suddenly found it in General section? The category might have defaulted to General without you realizing. Anywho, just moved it back.

There was a nice suggestion thread of this on the old forum. Stinks that everything was lost when that forum poofed. To make the suggestion complete some more content will need to be added, such as details and imagery.

Yeah, I remember Zeo's. It wasn't perfect (imo), but he definitely put a lot of work into it, and it looked nice. Maybe he can put it here again if he still has it. @Zeo
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited April 26, 2017
    NOTE: The original post have too many texts so I will be making several of the separate posts if that is ok! They'll be split into 5 parts.

PART 1

Hi guys. I'm Zeo from Alexina server, I had this idea since 2014 so some aspects are outdated but of course, if Nexon/DevCat decide to implement this, they're welcome make any tweaks/changes to the content. :) I am grateful for your time to read this and any kind of support and feedback would be greatly appreciated (as DevCat can use those feedbacks into the consideration too!

...............................................................................

The Necromancer Content

Necromancy Skillset

Necromancyskilliconbackground_zps560614bc.png

Based on Int and Will for damage.

Necromancy is a very powerful skill to use, but you have to take a lot of risk to succeed with the Necromancy skills. It will consume HP upon using any type of Necromancy skills. You also need to have the orb weapon which normally can be sold by the magic shop.

The base damage formula for the Necromancy is...

(Int + Will) / 4 = Total Maximum Damage

(Int + Will) / 5.5 = Total Mininum Damage

Necromancy Mastery- necromancymasteryicon_zps1d853df2.png
    The mastery that boost the efficient use in the Necromancy skills.

necromasterychart_zpsfdf8e77a.png

Curse- curseicon_zps3d3944a3.png
    You take some of your HPs away and you inflict the curse on target. The target will slowly recieve the damage til to their death. The curse won't go away until the target die due to lack of HP.

cursechart_zps08969636.png

Shadow Strike- shadowstrikeicon_zps6517b81b.png
    You suddenly fade into shadow, losing all the aggro with the cost of your health and if you try to run, the mobs will hear you and suddenly aggro you, so you have to sneak toward the target and once the moment is right, you deliver a powerful strike, dealing heavy damage. The ally cannot directly assist you in any ways while you're in that state.

shadowstrikechart_zps76c500ea.png

Obscurity Burst- obscurityburst_zps394f753c.png
    The skill that make your character explodes, emitting shadowy aura, damaging the mobs nearby at the cost of some HPs as your character get knocked down from the powerful pressure.

obscurityburstchart_zpsa9e55bda.png

Ectoplasm Projectile- ectoplasmprojectileicon_zps3321b5e5.png
    You can convert some of your HP into the ectoplasm which you can launch onto the target for some damage.

ectoplasmprojectilechart_zps2c4ddc12.png

Eerily Wail- eerilywailicon_zpsb23c136f.png
    A strange cry produced from the orb that is so loud it damage the enemies and it also may frighten the enemies into confusion that they may attack against each other for a while. Be warned as it may affect your allies too!

eerilywailchart_zpse7257a86.png

Darkness Infusion- darknessinfusionicon_zpsba2e1a46.png
    You use it, and you gain temporary invincibility to everything for a short time period, while able to use other Necromancy skills with more power but once the duration is over, your HP instantly go into deadly.

darknessinfusionchart_zpsa075b050.png

Contract Binding- contractbindingicon_zps9479e4e9.png
    The most important Necromancy skill of all. It allow you to summon the spirit to aid you with the combat, and they also share the same Necromancy skills with you. Better contract binding you have, you may summon more spirits and they'll be powerful. Be careful though! They also share the same HP with you meaning if one of them get damaged, you plus all other spirits get damaged. If one of them dies, then you plus all other spirits die too.

contractbindingchart_zps00cc6c43.png

summonspiritchancechart_zps09de0545.png

The Necromancer Talent
    necromancytalent_zpsc2851530.png

• ZeoZeo
    edited April 26, 2017

PART 2
    New Dungeons added to Belvast Island
    BeachofScathachupdatedMap_zpsa377f7f3.png

ScathachCavernsupdatedmap_zps37d8c92c.png

A part of Tory Ravine is now accessible via Beach of Scathach. (note: this is outdated as the path now lead to gate of Avalon... maybe make a new path somewhere in Beach of Scathach leading to Urbaile Town?)
    ToryRavinepart1map_zps5f61b4b1.png

NPClocations_zps884d054d.png
    The Urbaile town's NPCs
    Ganieda (wearing Necromancer Outfit and Shoes for Female)
    ganiedacharacter_zps88716490.png

Dooley (wearing Necromancer Outfit and Shoes for Male)
    dooleycharacter_zps81840d62.png

Gow
    gowcharacter_zps9ce9925c.png

Olive
    olivecharacter_zps311af238.png

Valentine
    valentinecharacter_zps0f30590e.png

Mabel
    mabelcharacter_zpseb10b8ed.png

Athole
    atholecharacter_zps6f5e9a83.png

Hoyt
    hoytcharacter_zpscfe035a9.png

God Sreng
    srenggodcharacter_zps840d20e3.png

Goddess Cethlenn
    cethlenngoddesscharacter_zps12a0f808.png
    YangKoete
  • ZeoZeo
    edited April 26, 2017

PART 3

New Dungeon Info

Anam Dungeon
    Follow the traditional dungeon system like in Uladh

Normal- (drop any items onto the altar)
    1 floor
    Mobs:

Necromancer
    HP: 500
    Skills: Ectoplasm Projectile, Defense, Smash, Counter
    Additional Info: Immune to Lullaby and Rain Casting (aggro does not reset)

Bisque Doll
    HP: 300
    Skills: Defense, Counter, Mana Deflector lvl2

Bone Archer
    HP: 420
    Skills: Defense, Ranged Attack, Magnum Shot

Gray Town Rat (Hardmode)
    HP: 395
    Skills: Defense

Boss:

Authentic Necromancer (x2)
    HP: 1000
    Skills: Ectoplasm Projectile, Obscurity Burst, Defense, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

(* always will recieve) Reward:
    *Ducat Bag (3000 ~ 5000)
    *Gold (3000 ~ 5000)
    Anam Basic Dungeon Pass
    Anam Intermediate Dungeon Pass

Basic- (drop Anam Basic Dungeon Pass onto the altar)
    2 floors
    Mobs:

Necromancer
    HP: 500
    Skills: Ectoplasm Projectile, Defense, Smash, Counter

Authentic Necromancer
    HP: 1000
    Skills: Ectoplasm Projectile, Obscurity Burst, Defense, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

Demonic Poet
    HP: 800
    Skills: Dischord, Windmill, March Song, Defense

Authentic Bone Archer
    HP: 950
    Skills: Defense, Ranged Attack, Magnum Shot, Mirage Missile

Shadow Gunslinger:
    HP: 900
    Skills: Counter, Grapple Shot,

Boss:

White Incubus (strong)
    HP: 5000
    Skills: Smash, Counter, Defense, Windmill, Icebolt, Firebolt, Lightning Bolt, Ice Spear, Fireball, Chain Casting, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1.

White Succubus (strong)
    HP: 5000
    Skills: Party Healing, Song, Vivace, March Song, Shockwave, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Weak Ghast x5
    HP: 1500
    Skills: Smash, Defense, Counter, Advanced Heavy Stander, Chain Casting, Firebolt

*Ducat Bag (6000 ~ 9000)
    *Gold (5000 ~ 8000)
    Anam Basic Dungeon Pass
    Anam Advanced Dungeon Pass

Intermediate- (drop Anam Intermediate Dungeon Pass onto the altar)
    3 floors
    Mobs:

Weak Ghast
    HP: 1500
    Skills: Smash, Defense, Counter, Advanced Heavy Stander, Chain Casting, Firebolt

Ghastly Necromancer
    HP: 3200
    Skills: Skills: Ectoplasm Projectile, Obscurity Burst, Shadow Strike, Defense, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

Dark Cobweb Mummy
    HP: 4000
    Skills: Ice Spear, Thunder, Fireball, Chain Cast, Windmill, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Ghastly Poet
    HP: 3000
    Skills: Dischord, Battlefield Oveture, Endure Melody, March Song, Shockwave, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

Ghastly Bone Archer
    HP: 2800
    Skills: Defense, Ranged Attack, Magnum Shot, Mirage Missile, Spider Shot, Support Shot, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

Ghastly Gunslinger
    HP: 3500
    Skills: Grapple Shot, Flash Launcher, Bullet Slide, Bullet Storm, Defense, Counter, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

Cursed Wisp
    HP: 4500
    Skills: Lightning Bolt, Thunder, Shockwave, Shock, Obscurity Burst, Self-Destruct, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Boss:

Cursed Grim Reaper
    HP: 70000
    Skills: Grim Reaper Vertical Attack, Grim Reaper Horizontal Attack, Teleportation, Advanced Heavy Stander

Cursed Bran
    HP: 80000
    Skills: Bran's Shockwave, Bran's Arm Swing, Bran's Charge, Advanced Heavy Stander

Cursed Merrow
    HP: 90000
    Skills: Merrow Smash, Merrow Rising Dragon, Merrow Tidal Wave, Teleportation, Advanced Heavy Stander

*Ducat Bag (20000 ~ 25000)
    *Gold (12000 ~ 15000)

Advanced- (drop Anam Advanced Dungeon Pass onto the altar)
    4 floors
    Mobs:

Corrupted Wisp
    HP: 12000
    Skills: Lightning Bolt, Thunder, Shockwave, Shock, Obscurity Burst, Self-Destruct, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Corrupted Poet
    HP: 10000
    Skills: Dischord, Battlefield Oveture, Endure Melody, March Song, Lullaby, Shockwave, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl3

Corrupted Necromancer
    HP: 11000
    Skills: Ectoplasm Projectile, Obscurity Burst, Shadow Strike, Eerily Wail, Defense, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl3, Mana Deflector lvl2

Corrupted Bone Archer
    HP: 9000
    Skills: Defense, Ranged Attack, Magnum Shot, Mirage Missile, Spider Shot, Support Shot, Arrow Revolver, Crash Shot, Heavy Stander lvl3, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

Corrupted Gunslinger
    HP: 9500
    Skills: Grapple Shot, Flash Launcher, Bullet Slide, Bullet Storm, Shooting Rush, Defense, Counter, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Infernal Bisque Doll
    HP: 15000
    Skills: Defense, Counter, Advanced Heavy Stander

Infernal Banshee
    HP: 13500
    Skills: Windmill, Shockwave, Thunder, Ice Spear, Wind Blast, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Ghast
    HP: 12150
    Skills: Smash, Counter, Defense, Advanced Heavy Stander, Heavy Stander lvl2

Boss:

Cethlenn's Servant x5
    HP: 120000
    Skills: Instinctive Reaction, Teleportation, Wings of Rage, Meteor Strike, Hailstorm, Shockwave, Snap Cast, Curse, Ectoplasm Projectile, Windmill, Advanced Heavy Stander

*Ducat Bag (120000 ~ 150000)
    *Gold (28000 ~ 35000)
    etc...
  • ZeoZeo
    edited April 26, 2017

PART 4

Daroi Dungeon
    Follow the traditional dungeon system like in Uladh.

Normal- (drop anything onto the altar)

3 Floors

Mobs:

Infernal Fire Sprite
    Skills: Chain Casting, Firebolt, Fireball, Heat Buster, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Infernal Lightning Sprite
    Skills: Chain Casting, Lightning Bolt, Thunder, Shockwave, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Infernal Ice Sprite
    Skills: Chain Casting, Icebolt, Ice Spear, Frozen Blast, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Healer Sprite
    HP: 12000
    Skills: Party Healing, Endure Melody, March Song, Vivace, Advanced Heavy Stander, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

Alchemist Sprite
    Skills: Chain Cast (alchemy skills), Summon Golem, Water Cannon, Wind Blast, Sand Burst, Flame Burst, Life Drain (Monster), Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Corrupted Poet
    Skills: Dischord, Battlefield Oveture, Endure Melody, March Song, Lullaby, Shockwave, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl3

Corrupted Fighter
    Skills: Charging Strike, Focused Fist, Tumble, Smash, Counter Punch, Counter, Assault Slash, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl1

Boss:

Giant Infernal Fire Sprite
    HP: 100000
    Skills: Chain Cast, Fireball, Meteor Strike, Advanced Heavy Stander

Giant Infernal Lightning Sprite
    Skills: Chain Cast, Thunder, Shock, Advanced Heavy Stander

Giant Infernal Ice Sprite
    Skills: Chain Cast, Ice Spear, Hailstorm, Advanced Heavy Stander

Giant Healer Sprite
    HP: 120000
    Skills: Party Healing, Shockwave, Life Drain (Monster), Puppet's Snare, Advanced Heavy Stander, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

*Ducat Bag (40000 ~ 70000)
    *Gold (26000 ~ 32000)
    etc...

Scath Dungeon
    Follow the traditional dungeon system like in Uladh.

Scath Dungeon

Normal - (drop anything onto the altar)

5 floors

Mobs:

Infernal Necromancer
    HP: 30000
    Skills: Ectoplasm Projectile, Obscurity Burst, Shadow Strike, Eerily Wail, Curse, Defense, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Infernal Gunslinger
    HP: 27000
    Skills: Grapple Shot, Flash Launcher, Bullet Slide, Bullet Storm, Shooting Rush, Way of the Gun, Defense, Counter, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Infernal Fighter
    HP: 25000
    Skills: Charging Strike, Focused Fist, Somersault Kick, Spinning Uppercut, Pummel, Drop Kick, Tumble, Respite

Infernal Ghast
    Skills: Smash, Defense, Counter, Advanced Heavy Stander, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Infernal Mage
    HP: 28000
    Skills: Chain Casting, Fireball, Ice Spear, Thunder, Meteor Strike, Hailstorm, Shockwave, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Infernal Poet
    HP: 25000
    Skills: Dischord, Lullaby, Fantastic Chorus, Battlefield Overture, March Song, Endure Melody, Vivace

Infernal Colossus Marionette
    HP: 25500
    Skills: Act 1: Inciting Incident, Act 2: Threshold Cutter, Act 4: Rising Action, Puppet's Snare, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

Infernal Pierrot Marionette
    Skills: Act 1: Inciting Incident, Act 2: Threshold Cutter, Act 6: Crisis, Act 7: Climactic Crash, Puppet's Snare, Heavy Stander lvl1, Natural Shield lvl1, Mana Deflector lvl3

Cethlenn's Follower
    HP: 20000
    Skills: Instinctive Reaction, Teleportation, Wings of Rage, Meteor Strike, Hailstorm, Shockwave, Snap Cast, Curse, Ectoplasm Projectile, Windmill, Advanced Heavy Stander

Boss:

Infernal Master Lich
    HP: 750000
    Skills: Summon Monster (Cethlenn's Follower x6), Ice Spear, Fireball, Thunder, Flames of Hell, Invitation of Death, Chain Casting, Advanced Heavy Stander, Heavy Stander lvl2, Natural Shield lvl2, Mana Deflector lvl2

*Ducat Bag (400000 ~ 500000)
    *Gold (50000 ~ 60000)
    etc...

Cethlenn's Servant/Follower
    cethlennsservant_zps43fe2cdb.png

• ZeoZeo
    edited April 26, 2017

PART 5

Necromancer's Mini-storyline and Quests
    How to activate the quest? Go and buy the orb from any type of magic shop, and get Necromancy mastery to rank F to trigger the quest.

Quest 1:

1. Go to Urbaile town in the newly opened area of Tory Ravine.

2. Talk to Ganieda. She will mention something about the necromancy skills.

Complete the quest.

Quest 2:

1. Talk to Ganieda once again, and she will point you to her own Necromancer apprentice, Dooley.

2. Talk to Dooley, he will teach you the three basic necromancy skills: Shadow Strike, Obscurity Burst, and Ectoplasm Projectile.

Complete the quest to learn those three skills at rank Novice.

Quest 3:

1. Talk to Gow, he will ask you to go talk to his daughter Olive because she needed help with something.

2. Talk with Olive, she will tell you how the evil necromancers is lurking outside the dungeon and she want you to enter Anam dungeon to check on it.

3. Clear Anam dungeon.

4. Talk to Olive, she will tell you thank you, and that goddess Cethlenn was responsible for making some dangerous monsters deep within Anam dungeon, but thanks to god Sreng, he made sure to seal the dungeon so monsters couldn't get out. The dungeons in Belvast island have the statue of Sreng in order to honor him.

5. Talk to Gow, he will tell you thanks for helping out his own daughter because he's too busy managing the blacksmith shop.

Complete the quest.

Quest 4:

1. Talk to Dooley, he heard that you have been helping Gow and Olive with their small problems and tell you to go to Ganieda.

2. Talk to Ganieda, she will teach you the Curse skill.

Complete the quest to obtain rank Novice Curse skill.

Quest 5:

1. Talk to Valentine, he gave you a rude look, and tell you that you better have some money to buy the clothes or else, go away.

2. Talk to Mabel, she apologizes for the behavior Valentine made and explain that he's usually like that to new people. Mabel then tell you that she will talk to him about this.

3. Talk to Dooley, and he will teach you a new Necromancy skill; Eerily Wail.

Complete the quest to obtain rank Novice Eerily Wail skill.

Quest 6:

1. Talk to Valentine, he will apologize for being rude to you earlier, and tell you that you're the one who would help stop the war between the light and the dark from going on when it occurs then he started to panic and tell you that he was supposed to keep it a secret and begs you to not tell anyone of this.

2. Talk to Mabel, she ask you that she want to communicate the spirits and ask you to go talk to Ganieda and ask her for the Channeling Medal.

3. Talk to Ganieda, and she will give you the Channeling Medal.

4. Deliver the Channeling Medal to Mabel, and she will thank you.

Complete the quest.

Quest 7:

1. Talk to Ganieda, she will teach you a new Necromancy skill; Darkness Infusion.

Completel the quest to obtain rank Novice Darkness Infusion.

Quest 8:

1. Talk to Dooley, he will explain that some people forbids the Necromancy skills because it allow people to communicate with the undead. Ganieda will jump in, and started explaining that it's true.

Ganieda will give you a Channeling Medal, a special 1x1 item you can store in "Me" tab.

Ganieda will explain that it's important because it will allow you to see and communicate with the spirits.

2. Talk to Athole by the Spirit's Den. she will become happy and exclaims that she finally got to meet some new people, then she apologized for getting too excited. She explained to you that she is blessed with the power of god Sreng's to protect the area from danger caused by goddess Cethlenn.

3. Talk to Hoyt by the Wishing Stone, and he tell you that he is just there, and also to socialize with Athole because they both were the only spirit and people couldn't see them at that time.

You will be taken to a cutscene where Athole (in her human form) is running around in Tory Ravine carefreely and wandered into Anam dungeon, and goddess Cethlenn appeared, saying that she is upset at Athole for entering the dungeon against her own will and finding out about the Necromancers. Cethlenn inflicted a curse onto Athole, then disappeared, causing Athole to die slowly by the shore. Hoyt was the first one to find Athole, but Athole's corpse looked really strange like she wasn't a human. Athole's corpse cursed Hoyt from Cethlenn's power, Hoyt being unaware of this, and he reported the dead body to the people on Commonwealth of Belvast, and they begin to stop visiting Tory Ravine, and Hoyt died in his home. God Sreng appeared and noticed the problem, so he resurrected Athole and Hoyt in the spirit form, and they became the guardian of the Urbaile area in Tory Ravine with the power of Sreng's. Few necromancers from the Cethlenn's side begin to realize their wrongdoing and became good. Sreng continued to watch over the Urbaile area, and gave them the special Channeling Medal to allow them to communicate with Athole and Hoyt.

Complete the quest.

Quest 9:

1. Talk to Ganieda and explain to her about the backflash that Hoyt showed you. She tell you that she is the descendant of the first good necromancer who started the Urbaile town a while ago. She chose to follow the path of necromancer, while her older brother Merlin, decided to take the path of mage.

2. Talk to Ganieda again. She will teach you the Contract Binding necromancy skill.

3. Talk to Dooley, he will thank you for helping all the people in Urbaile town and that he really appreciate it. He also gave you some advices for Contract Binding skill.

Complete the quest to learn Contract Binding skill at rank Novice.

End of Necromancer's Mini-Storyline.

Additional Contents

CP Stats Rebalance

Health 1.0 > 0.5
    Mana 0.5 > 0.3
    Stamina 0.5 > 0.3
    Strength 1.0 > 0.5
    Intelligence 0.2 > 0.1
    Dexterity 0.1 > 0.1
    Will 0.5 > 0.3
    Luck 0.1 > 0.1

Only apply to your character, the mobs are unaffected.

Archery skills will be in their own tab now.

List of Archery Attacks that will be in their ranged tab.
    Ranged Attack
    Magnum Shot
    Support Shot
    Crash Shot
    Arrow Revolver
    Mirage Missile
    Final Shot
    Bow Mastery
    Crossbow Mastery

archericonsupdate_zpsb2e00cc4.png

Each base stat (HP, MP, Stam, Str, Int, Dex, Will, and Luck) will be uncapped to 2000.

Meteor Strike now have 10 minutes cooldown instead of 15 minutes and the flash effect upon meteor landing are removed.

Some changes made into the Song skill. People that sing without the microphone will recieve a penalty of -50% at rank 5 to penalty of -25% at rank 1. Master title will reduce the singing penalty to only -15% without the microphone.

While in Disarm status of Dark Knight, the cloud's healing Area of Effect won't apply.

Any heavy armors that humans can wear, are also able to be worn by elves as well such as Spika armor, because humans and elves share the same body model.

You are able to bring a party with you for Coill Abyss dungeon and Coill Abyss Pass dungeon drop in SMs bit more often.

Most of the credits goes to me but Nerava, Redlion, BUREImijin, and Yamakazu (all from Alexina server) helped me with some of the ideas, so some of credits goes to them as well.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Thank you for reposting this to the new forums. I though it was a cool idea! May I merge this thread with the one that @Gaea made of the same topic?
    ZeoCrimsọn
  • ZeoZeo
    Shoog wrote: »
    Thank you for reposting this to the new forums. I though it was a cool idea! May I merge this thread with the one that @Gaea made of the same topic?

I don't see the harm in this so why not? :) Is it still in the suggestion section, right?
  • AndrewGRAndrewGR
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Zeo wrote: »

Necromancy is a very powerful skill to use, but you have to take a lot of risk to succeed with the Necromancy skills. It will consume HP upon using any type of Necromancy skills. You also need to have the orb weapon which normally can be sold by the magic shop.

I think would be better to use books instead of orbs as a weapon. We already have some books in game (Eweca,Ladeca,Astrologer's) and could be used with any other 1 handed weapons something like guard cylinders. (e.g. if you use it with a wand the damage output will e higher)

Overall its a good idea for a new talent !!!
    Zeo
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    you realize your idea is part of the Blue Mage skill set from Final Fantasy and not in relations to actual necromancy. Since Actual Necromancy uses Zombies and Skeletons and not Ghosts. Using ghost is called Ghostologist which is the study of ghost. Necromancy is the study of the undead which uses spirits to control the undead. that and how does your skill set fit in the current storyline. You have no story to fit with nexons Celtic themed Story being that of Mabinogi.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Falskull wrote: »
    that and how does your skill set fit in the current storyline. You have no story to fit with nexons Celtic themed Story being that of Mabinogi.
    Well Esras used necromancy, in a way, to control Rian, so I wouldn't say that necromancy skills is entirely out of the realm of possibility in Mabi.
    And to be fair, Mabinogi is not strictly based on Celtic lore. If it were, then you better believe we wouldn't have gotten the Shakespeare generations.

ZeoSherri
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    i agree with skull, why not have a tamer class talent we have the skill can fight in the lore does not need to be to complicated can even be simple like golem summon AI
  • ZeoZeo
    edited April 30, 2017
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    that and how does your skill set fit in the current storyline. You have no story to fit with nexons Celtic themed Story being that of Mabinogi.
    Well Esras used necromancy, in a way, to control Rian, so I wouldn't say that necromancy skills is entirely out of the realm of possibility in Mabi.
    And to be fair, Mabinogi is not strictly based on Celtic lore. If it were, then you better believe we wouldn't have gotten the Shakespeare generations.

This, lol. I even used most of the names in the storyline which are based off a Celtic place/character... and by your (Falskull) logic... Necromancy would probably be more 'fitting' for Mabi than Ninja and Gunslinger so where's the outrage for Ninja and Gunslinger skillset? xD There's LOOOOT of things that would be deemed 'unfitting' for the Celtic lore in Mabinogi so why are you complaining about NOW?
    GretaYangKoeteSherri
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Zeo wrote: »
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

This, lol. I even used most of the names in the storyline which are based off a Celtic place/character... and by your (Falskull) logic... Necromancy would probably be more 'fitting' for Mabi than Ninja and Gunslinger so where's the outrage for Ninja and Gunslinger skillset? xD There's LOOOOT of things that would be deemed 'unfitting' for the Celtic lore in Mabinogi so why are you complaining about NOW?

Yeah. I always wondered what was celtic about a motorbike and a food truck, too. <_>