Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A question about the Homestead Spring event.

badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
in General Chat
So I was looking on the KR website at their Homestead Spring Event, and through the translation on my phone, it looks like they're getting Essence by AFK'ing plus doing the Yella quests. The translation says, and I'm gonna quote it here: "If you participate in all event quests, you can get up to 8 on weekdays and up to 9 on weekends."

But I noticed our announcement page says we can get five a day, plus the extra one on weekends.

So are we getting less than KR, or is there a possibility I'm misunderstanding? (And please don't think I'm trying to complain about the event here, I really love the prizes, I'm just curious as to why if this is true.)

Comments

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    One more thing. KR server just needed to wait 30 seconds, yes 30 seconds not 30 minutes, to gather woods.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Ellisya wrote: »
    One more thing. KR server just needed to wait 30 seconds, yes 30 seconds not 30 minutes, to gather woods.

... So we're getting less stuff and having to do it in a longer time? I thought having to grow it in 35 minutes was a long time. Guess I shouldn't be surprised :/
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Maybe our rates are different from KR's version?
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    This is kinda disappointing, I really wanna get the most out of the Homestead items, but knowing it's gonna take significantly longer is quite a bummer.
    badnewsbarrett
    Leinei wrote: »
    Maybe our rates are different from KR's version?

I don't see a link for the drop rates for the event, or do they only do that for gacha? It's possible though, I didn't think about that.

It still takes the same amount of wood in both our version and theirs for the garden and greenhouse though.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I think it's only for gacha they do that.
    badnewsbarrett
    Liyeta wrote: »
    35 minute for 1, 175 minute for 5. i dont think i can spend that long in game.

I watched TV and sat on my phone while I was growing my tree. Didn't even get any of the new prizes from my five boxes, either :/
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Ellisya wrote: »

... So we're getting less stuff and having to do it in a longer time? I thought having to grow it in 35 minutes was a long time. Guess I shouldn't be surprised :/

I do really hope that's not the case here but from what it look like, seems so... rather disappointing. ):
    badnewsbarrett
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I am curious to find out if we will be able to walk into the greenhouse item when we unlock it. the doors are just wide open in the picture so it would be kind of cool to be able to walk around in there.
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I am curious to find out if we will be able to walk into the greenhouse item when we unlock it. the doors are just wide open in the picture so it would be kind of cool to be able to walk around in there.

I would not be surprised if it's the same than the treehouse and is just another pretty prop to sit in front.

I mean, even the character on the banner page is sitting in front of it, so i wouldn't get my hopes up if i was you. Plus, the event is really similar to that other homestead event we had a while ago, with said treehouse.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Will the essense disappear when the quest reset at 7am pdt? I dont have time to gather all 5 woods on weekdays because 36 minutes ugh.... doesnt help that using nexon launcher is a pain in the ass to log in too (been trying to log in since the past 15 mins and fail...)
    ShouK wrote: »
    Will the essense disappear when the quest reset at 7am pdt? I dont have time to gather all 5 woods on weekdays because 36 minutes ugh.... doesnt help that using nexon launcher is a pain in the ass to log in too (been trying to log in since the past 15 mins and fail...)

I don't believe the Essence itself is deleted but I think any leftover Yella tools you have from the day before will be during the reset.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335

I assume not. But the problem is: you can only give Luke 5 woods per day.

sErnAuw.jpg

So yesterday I didn't give Luke all 5 the woods but only 2, sure I could be able to give him the other 3 another time - so now I won't ever be able to give him the other 3
    ZogLJKa.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    NekoLily wrote: »

sErnAuw.jpg

So yesterday I didn't give Luke all 5 the woods but only 2, sure I could be able to give him the other 3 another time - so now I won't ever be able to give him the other 3
    ZogLJKa.jpg

Wow really? Well that's bs...
    Greta wrote: »

sErnAuw.jpg

ZogLJKa.jpg

Wow really? Well that's bs...

I agree, that is ridiculous :/ My suggestion would be to turn in your wood as soon as you harvest it then. I left my character standing next to Luke yesterday and would AFK in my Homestead until the tree was done and then pop back out, I'll probably do the same again today.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735

sErnAuw.jpg

ZogLJKa.jpg

Ah rip looks like I'm gonna miss some days then
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited April 20, 2017
    I don't think our "chances" are better than KR's.

Nexon NA probably did that to "extend" the event till the next one comes around (so we don't get bored till then) considering Mabi KR gets all kinds of events left and right.
    Honestly I would rather be done fast with the event instead of staying on longer. The game won't be less "boring" by afking/staying on longer lmao
    Kaga wrote: »
    I don't think our "chances" are better than KR's.

Nexon NA probably did that to "extend" the event till the next one comes around (so we don't get bored till then) considering Mabi KR gets all kinds of events left and right.
    Honestly I rather be done fast instead of staying on longer. The game won't be less "boring" by afking/staying on longer lmao

I don't mean our chances of getting the new items are better, I just don't get why they get more Essence than we do.

Though that is true it would take longer for the trees to grow. And I didn't think about them having done it to stretch it out, it does look like we have the event for more time than they do.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    So you can only turn in 5 wood a day even if you still had some from yesterday?
    Darn that's lame...
    I wish Luke had told us that from the beginning...
  • SpiritikaSpiritika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,415
    edited April 20, 2017

I agree, that is ridiculous :/ My suggestion would be to turn in your wood as soon as you harvest it then. I left my character standing next to Luke yesterday and would AFK in my Homestead until the tree was done and then pop back out, I'll probably do the same again today.

Good plan. I'll probably do that too.