Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chef Exam Ticket part time job

MusicalSuicideMusicalSuicide
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
How am I supposed to complete Shena's Part time job in Emain?
Quest gives you items to create Lemonade not Lemon Juice, and when I make Lemonade I end up failing the quest for not completing the task.
Are you supposed to use different ingredients than the once received?

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Did you make two lemonades using the materials the ptj provide?
  • MusicalSuicideMusicalSuicide
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Yeah, still haven't completed this part time job. Every time I make the Lemonades and hit Report, she just straight up fails me, as if I don't even have them in my inventory.
  • ValkiryeValkirye
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    edited August 31, 2017
    Is anyone going to answer this? Come on...it's been years and you can't patch this?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    What's there to patch? I did that ptj very recently and entered a cooking comp last month. Didn't have any problems and successfully got my pasta book.
    I saw lots of other people entering the comps and monthly cook-off too, so clearly they've managed to get it working as well.

xoPZs.png

The ptj gives you the ingredients to make Lemonade (Part-Time Job). If you make regular Lemonade or Lemon Juice, it will fail.

Don't ask them to patch things that are already working, they might break it for real. :/
    Valkirye
  • LuariousLuarious
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    bro, whoever started this isn't the only one, its a problem and you just didn't have it @Eralea.
    listen, nobody is an idiot, please actually read what others had to say. I just failed shena's PTJ 3 times rn,
    all 3 times she asks me to make butter biscuits, all 3 times I've made the butter biscuits (PTJ), using her material, and selecting the PTJ version under baking. but she wont' take them. bra, shena's broken, she's been broken. it works sometimes and it doesn't. you got lucky, don't on ppl that didn't.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    This thread is from 2017 @Luarious

It was not broken at the time this was posted and during my reply. The picture I posted is no longer uploaded, but it contained a successful completion of the exact PTJ the OP was trying to do. The OP obviously simply misunderstood the quest requirements. As I said, other people were able to enter the cooking competition just fine during that time period.

It could very well be broken now, as we've had a few hundred more patches since the start of this thread, and I wouldn't know the current status of the quest as I haven't entered the cooking competition since 2017.

If you're new to this game, you might not realise yet that things regularly break around here, and features that once worked 3 years ago might not be working today, but they certainly did work back then when this thread was being discussed.
    Kensamaofmari
  • DaemozDaemoz
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Yo this happened to me too (i know i'm necroing but the support page told me to do it)

If you check this screenshot, you can see I made the correct item within the time limit and she still said i failed

7612d6b1f07a3121c55735c58530b765.png