Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A question about the Homestead Spring event.

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Kokoro wrote: »
    So you can only turn in 5 wood a day even if you still had some from yesterday?
    Darn that's lame...
    I wish Luke had told us that from the beginning...

Yeah D: Apparently I forgot to harvest my last one from my tree yesterday, I didn't realize until I logged in today. On the bright side that's a half hour less I have to wait? Lol. I wish they'd take the limit off though :/
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Hey on the event page it says you get a bonus Essence of Spring for completing the 5 daily quests on weekends. If we can only submit 5 wood a day, does this make the bonus redundant?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Hey on the event page it says you get a bonus Essence of Spring for completing the 5 daily quests on weekends. If we can only submit 5 wood a day, does this make the bonus redundant?

.....Yes, I guess that means it does....

The only bright side I can think is if you want to get extra essences one day to save on having to collect a few on another day. You could even feed the tree more on one day and stock up wood for a day that you can't spend time feeding a tree. So even though you can only give 5 wood to what's his face, at least you can stock up and it doesn't have to be 5 wood that you necessarily collected that day.

Unless the wood expires at the reset. Has anyone confirmed this?

The only bright side I can think is if you want to get extra essences one day to save on having to collect a few on another day. You could even feed the tree more on one day and stock up wood for a day that you can't spend time feeding a tree. So even though you can only give 5 wood to what's his face, at least you can stock up and it doesn't have to be 5 wood that you necessarily collected that day.

The wood doesn't expire, but it can't be turned in or dropped after the reset. Basically it's just there in your inv until the end of the event.
  • MyawnMyawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited April 21, 2017
    So what I gather from the information in this thread, not only does KR get more essences than we do, but they only had to wait 30 seconds?
    I don't think we have a better drop rate either as I haven't gotten any of the new items or seen any for sale. :/
    As someone else mentioned, I'd have to be in game for 180 minutes to get all 5 woods and that just takes too much time in the day.
    Also as pointed out, we can only give 5 woods max to Luke everyday, so we can't even do it on our own time despite getting the essence.
    The event runs for 20 days, with 5 woods a day, which is 100 wood total; you only need to turn in 80 wood for the last item which is 16 days but anyone who hasn't realized Luke only takes 5 wood a day wouldn't be able to complete it. :|
    This is honestly kind of upsetting, especially since all this extra information wasn't included in the event page or by Luke. :/
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135

The wood doesn't expire, but it can't be turned in or dropped after the reset. Basically it's just there in your inv until the end of the event.

no, woods of previous days can still be turned in as far as I've experienced (got 14 woods delivered atm of typing while having one left to harvest from today and having missed one the first day). so I think you would be able to compensate if you're not able to harvest 5 woods by giving woods of previous days.
    WolfandWolfbadnewsbarrett
    Myawn wrote: »
    So what I gather from the information in this thread, not only does KR get more essences than we do, but they only had to wait 30 seconds?
    I don't think we have a better drop rate either as I haven't gotten any of the new items or seen any for sale. :/
    As someone else mentioned, I'd have to be in game for 180 minutes to get all 5 woods and that just takes too much time in the day.
    Also as pointed out, we can only give 5 woods max to Luke everyday, so we can't even do it on our own time despite getting the essence.
    The event runs for 20 days, with 5 woods a day, which is 100 wood total; you only need to turn in 80 wood for the last item which is 16 days but anyone who hasn't realized Luke only takes 5 wood a day wouldn't be able to complete it. :|
    This is honestly kind of upsetting, especially since all this extra information wasn't included in the event page or by Luke. :/

The drop rates for the new stuff aren't TERRIBLE from what I can tell, but I think you're more likely to get other stuff. Check the thread titled "it's so tiny" here in General Chat, you'll see some of the new stuff. I got one of the new things yesterday, haven't been on to try today's.
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    no, woods of previous days can still be turned in as far as I've experienced (got 14 woods delivered atm of typing while having one left to harvest from today and having missed one the first day). so I think you would be able to compensate if you're not able to harvest 5 woods by giving woods of previous days.

That's weird, a lot of people were saying they wouldn't turn in, there's even a thread in Feedback asking for the limit to be taken off... I wonder if it's something they fixed in today's maint?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited April 21, 2017
    Myawn wrote: »

The drop rates for the new stuff aren't TERRIBLE from what I can tell, but I think you're more likely to get other stuff. Check the thread titled "it's so tiny" here in General Chat, you'll see some of the new stuff. I got one of the new things yesterday, haven't been on to try today's.

That's weird, a lot of people were saying they wouldn't turn in, there's even a thread in Feedback asking for the limit to be taken off... I wonder if it's something they fixed in today's maint?

I think I know why now. When I went to turn in yesterday's wood before starting Yela's quest, he wouldn't accept it and would tell me just to talk to Yela. He still wouldn't accept it after I talked to her and got the special weeding hoes. I have a feeling that you have to do the first two steps of the daily quest (talk to Yela and use a weeding hoe) in order for him to accept wood again.

EDIT: Yep, just as I suspected, he started accepting yesterday's wood after I collect from gathering even though I haven't fed the tree yet.
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    edited April 22, 2017
    Man, you guys aren't lying when you say these rates are terrible. One or two homestead props a week, another 2 bonus rewards for people who did it every day, you really don't get much to work with, especially with the short duration of the event.
    Giant homesteads, 2 new flower pots or one trellis, one fence. Sure, someone could argue to just buy it all, but from the tiny player base we have compared to KR? Along with competing to buy said props from other players who want them.

Not only do bad rates screw you over, but there won't be enough players, imo, to contribute, also with the nerf(?) this really doesn't help people pretty up a homestead much. At least this event is gonna' get you a fairy garden or/and greenhouse. That's if you didn't miss a few days.
    Opalthira
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    edited April 22, 2017
    I didn't think the drop rates are that bad, but i try to do all 5. So far i got 4 new homestead items. Didn't do today's. It's like 1 out of 5 maybe?
  • MyawnMyawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Though you get 5 boxes a day, it doesn't even seem to be a 1 in 5 chance; at least, not for me.
    Thanks, I'll take a look.
    I've also been able to turn in woods from previous days, but Luke still only takes 5 woods max.
    Perhaps what they mean by 'it not turning in', that Luke doesn't take it.
    I've missed turning in two pieces of wood so far, which means two less boxes, but out of the rest I've only gotten two of the new Homestead items so far.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Luke takes 6 wood on weekends but no more than that it seems.
    Might as well delete your extra wood cause you'll never be able to use it.
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Luke takes 6 wood on weekends but no more than that it seems.
    Might as well delete your extra wood cause you'll never be able to use it.

I was told you can't drop it, it probably won't be removed until after the event ends.
  • ShadowsalyerShadowsalyer
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    welp.....out of 30 boxes i got 3 of the new hs props xD ........frustrating :/
    welp.....out of 30 boxes i got 3 of the new hs props xD ........frustrating :/

I've gotten four so far overall out of all my boxes. One of them was my first one from today that I opened a few minutes ago.
    Shadowsalyer
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    edited April 25, 2017
    All I got was flower pots and a not-new wagon.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,735
    I got a total of 6 HS props, one of them is Praire Grass so only 5 from the new ones! Oh, I have a total of 28 woods given, including today
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited April 26, 2017
    In the other thread, we discussed how you can turn in yesterday's wood so long as you don't have a new daily quest in your quest log. So far, I've delivered 8 wood in one day doing this. 3 wood before changing to a new daily quest and 5 wood after. But it only works if it's yesterday's wood. If you got wood from several days ago and have a new daily quest then it's probably there until the end of the event.

EDIT: I've been testing it out more, and it might be that the amount of wood you can turn in resets with logging out/switching channels and not the quest....
    badnewsbarrett
    In the other thread, we discussed how you can turn in yesterday's wood so long as you don't have a new daily quest in your quest log. So far, I've delivered 8 wood in one day doing this. 3 wood before changing to a new daily quest and 5 wood after. But it only works if it's yesterday's wood. If you got wood from several days ago and have a new daily quest then it's probably there until the end of the event.

EDIT: I've been testing it out more, and it might be that the amount of wood you can turn in resets with logging out/switching channels and not the quest....

I'm gonna have a leftover wood tonight again (whoops) so I'm gonna try this.