Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Phantom Ban Detective Agency [Paranormal/Mystery]

LucatealLucateal
Mabinogi Rep: 750
edited April 25, 2017 in Art Creations
(posting on behalf of a group of my friends who are super talented and developing a VN that I really think deserves to do well and get some attention ; ; )
vsjBy.png
A paranormal mystery visual novel by Obento Mori

Twitter | Tumblr

-

"My name is Riley, and I used to be just your typical high school student. Demons, ghosts, monsters... until recently, they were just fictional concepts.

That is, until I met someone who changed my life. They showed me that the occult was very real... and, what's more, very dangerous. It was a fateful encounter that would end up changing my future, and that of everyone around me.

But, first, we should start at the beginning. One Spring day, I agreed to meet my friend at swimming practice. That was the day I discovered who, and what, I really was..."

Plot

Phantom Ban Detective Agency centers around Riley and Dameon; two high school detectives that fight strange beings known as Phantoms. Phantoms are summoned unconsciously by people known as Espers through their strong inner desires, and emotional trauma. These phantoms act to fulfill these desires and wreak havoc on their victim’s minds. Together they fight to protect their school and solve a strange mystery involving a forgotten friend.

Characters
vsjxi.png

vsjxQ.png

vsjy8.png
The Team

Character design, Sprites, CGs, Project lead: Sky
Programmer, Project lead: Arti
Writer:SundownKid
Backgrounds: Xand
Music: Alec Shea

Progress towards demo

Planning: 100%
Writing: 100%
Sprites:80%
CGs: 0%
BGs: 100%
Music: 33%
GUI: 0%

Why we posted

Hello and welcome to our first full length visual novel project!

We are Obento Mori a small team working towards creating quality content and creating a community around our works. We hope that by sharing our progress with game dev communities we will receive support, feedback and advice on how we can proceed.

We are currently in the process of developing a demo (for Phantom Ban Detective Agency) in preparation for kickstarter. Half our team is working on as a commission. In order for us to create a full length version of this game to the maximum of our vision we will require support in all forms.

If there is anything you guys can offer please don't hesitate to share with us. We are aiming to update our status on these websites: Twitter | Tumblr
Facebook coming soon~

Our current questions:

What do you guys think?
Advice for how we can improve?
Best/prefered social media?
How can we get more people to see this project?
What are things we can do to generate more interest for our project?

Thank you so much for stopping by!
OkamixdimsumBravelatios

Comments

• konpwnskonpwns
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Lucateal wrote: »
    "My name is Riley, and I used to be just your typical high school student. Demons, ghosts, monsters... until recently, they were just fictional concepts.

That is, until I met someone who changed my life. They showed me that the occult was very real... and, what's more, very dangerous. It was a fateful encounter that would end up changing my future, and that of everyone around me.
    Phantom Ban Detective Agency centers around Riley and Dameon; two high school detectives that fight strange beings known as Phantoms. Phantoms are summoned unconsciously by people known as Espers through their strong inner desires, and emotional trauma. These phantoms act to fulfill these desires and wreak havoc on their victim’s minds. Together they fight to protect their school and solve a strange mystery involving a forgotten friend.

Sounds very interesting! I'm so inspired, I came up with a logo for these "Phantom Detectives".

Gqalsrc.jpg
  • HotaRenHotaRen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,370
    I don't really think that this is the appropriate place to post something like this, as it has nothing to do with mabinogi...

That aside though, the game looks pretty cute. The concept is definitely not very original, but if the game is fun, that's not as important...
    As for how to promote it... I'm no expert, but I'd suggest releasing teaser videos on youtube... and to not post on sites where it doesn't belong, like here ^-^; ... I came here for fun mabi posts, not ads, even if they are interesting.
  • LucatealLucateal
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    HotaRen wrote: »
    I don't really think that this is the appropriate place to post something like this, as it has nothing to do with mabinogi...

That aside though, the game looks pretty cute. The concept is definitely not very original, but if the game is fun, that's not as important...
    As for how to promote it... I'm no expert, but I'd suggest releasing teaser videos on youtube... and to not post on sites where it doesn't belong, like here ^-^; ... I came here for fun mabi posts, not ads, even if they are interesting.

ooh I see fan creations regarding other things all the time here so I assume it's fine, I tried reading the rules as well and didn't see anything about not posting here but ty for your input!