Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I want to start Mabinogi, but this happen...

GretaGreta
Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
edited April 26, 2017 in General Chat
I get a pop up asking me to "Activate Product" with 16 digit numbers.... I'm clueless on what to do next since i'm worried that Nexon might mess something up for me there lol. Is that a new feature? Or is it just a mistake? Who knows... All i know is that i didn't get any keys from Nexon and they want me to agree to their ToS with it, which is weird.

35k4x2t.png

EDIT: I closed and reopened the Launcher. That window didn't appear. I guess Nexon made a mistake there, rofl. But still, that was REALLY weird.

Helsa

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Probably for new games with a closed beta.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 26, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    I get a pop up asking me to "Activate Product" with 16 digit numbers.... I'm clueless on what to do next since i'm worried that Nexon might mess something up for me there lol. Is that a new feature? Or is it just a mistake? Who knows... All i know is that i didn't get any keys from Nexon and they want me to agree to their ToS with it, which is weird.

35k4x2t.png

EDIT: I closed and reopened the Launcher. That window didn't appear. I guess Nexon made a mistake there, rofl. But still, that was REALLY weird.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Looks like a cross interference with one of their games that is in beta. Further proving their launcher is still bugged to hell. I'm worried that with bugs like that could mean holes in their security.
    TheDumbOne
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Hmmm. I saw that before too I think once.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 26, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Hmmm. I saw that before too I think once.

Well I use only steam, so no probs there yo.
    Negumiko
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    That normally only comes up when you click on the option for it (Your name-> activate product) and you can always just hit that little X to kill it.
    Gaea wrote: »
    Looks like a cross interference with one of their games that is in beta. Further proving their launcher is still bugged to hell. I'm worried that with bugs like that could mean holes in their security.

Yeah, because a window that comes up asking for a beta key totally means security breaches.
    Joejonas
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 26, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    That normally only comes up when you click on the option for it (Your name-> activate product) and you can always just hit that little X to kill it.

Yeah, because a window that comes up asking for a beta key totally means security breaches.

Just saying; what else is wrong with NA's beloved launcher that we don't know about? It's not a good idea to be a open beta guinea pig in these situations. Not a lot people take time to report stuff like this. Like those redundant surveys they keep asking us to do...that most of everyone closes out of like an invasive popup.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Buffalos wrote: »

Just saying; what else is wrong with NA's beloved launcher that we don't know about? It's not a good idea to be a open beta guinea pig in these situations. Not a lot people take time to report stuff like this. Like those redundant surveys they keep asking us to do...that most of everyone closes out of like an invasive popup.

I used to fill them out, but after week of still getting them I stopped caring and no longer do that
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited April 26, 2017
    That happened to me less than 3 weeks ago!
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Wonder what happens if you put a Karma Koin code in there.
    Berryswirl
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    @Policroma

Cept those are generally 20 characters and it's asking for 16
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795

Not going to go into why a beta key prompt popping up shows nothing about the general state of the launcher itself, but I will agree with you on the survey thing: that needs to die already because it's outlived its usefulness.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Policroma wrote: »
    Wonder what happens if you put a Karma Koin code in there.

Rip launcher.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    @Policroma

Cept those are generally 20 characters and it's asking for 16

Whoops. False alarm!
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Man, I can't wait for mabinogi to come into open beta.
    Greta