Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So i've been thinking on this idea.

NearlyNearly
Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
edited March 2, 2017 in Tarlach Chat
So this may just sound like some shot in the dark for a cool idea. I've been thinking of trying to organize a "Guild meet up" kind of thing.

Imagine it something like having a bunch of guilds all meeting up with one another, spending time to get to know each other. Players who are searching for guilds could come over and see all the different guilds there and hang out with them. Maybe even some players of guilds can set up events in the area or in their homestead. o3o

I like to imagine it something like a job fair where multiple guilds (Like the job booths at the fair) are present and can interact with one.

Again, i'm sure something like this would be hard to set up, but it's a nice idea, right? ouo
ZairakUtakamoShakayaRetsamehtmaiCyCyHawkleafDanievictria

Comments

• ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I think this is a super nice idea! If you're going to try to organize this, I'd love to bring Capulet to it!

Feel free to note or add me in-game if you wanna talk about it more! My IGN is same as forum, it's Shakaya
  • FirelinksFirelinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    edited April 12, 2017
    0537747_20029_MC_Tx360.jpg
    Can you dig it?

You're standing right now with nine delegates from 100 guilds. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members. Forty-thousand, counting affiliates, and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight: 60,000 guild members! Now, there ain't but 20 Gm in the whole town. Can you dig it?

I had to. Sorry!
    Shakaya
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    I love the idea, especially if it happens after inviting a few new members into the game! If every guild invited like a new player or two I believe Tarlach wouldn't be considered "dying" anymore! So if you go through with it, try to do it during a time that a lot of new players joined.

I wrote a much longer comment than this but then I thought "why be negative?" I was just mentioning two problems, the guilds that are sworn enemies against each other, and then the lag that would be happening....ESPECIALLY if it happens in ch7.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    I'm not aware of any guilds that are sworn enemies o3o
    Though I am buddies with quite a few guild leaders, so I could attempt a kidnapping to get this thing going~

Though I'd prefer to wait for OP to reply b/c I don't really want to take his idea and run LOL
    I'd really love for this to happen tho
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Boy, i'm surprised this started to suddenly get replies. owo

Although i'm no longer a leader of my own guild I think it'd still be great if we could somehow organize this. I figure we'd do it on a channel aside from ch7 so we don't end up lagging too badly. If anyone else feels like trying to help with such an event, feel free to do so.

My IGN is Aarkos. (o'u')b
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    I know at least two guild leaders that don't get along at all.

If anything you should try it in ch5, since it seems to be the most empty of the bunch. At least that's how it was before I stopped going to it. You'd also have to think on a few things.

What exactly will you do? Where will it be held? Who will be in charge? When will it be? Will it happen more than once? How will the word be spread? Would the mini events have rewards? Why would someone go?

Those are probably some good questions to think about before starting it.

PS: Sorry if it seems like I'm downing the idea :c I'm not trying to I was just trying to give a few questions to help you out.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    A raffle for anyone that shows up would be nice

we could spread the word via tarlach facebook group/discords/forums/steam forums/reddit/tumblr/etc. etc. social medias

also bugling in-game during the week before it happens multiple times
    we could bugle for guilds to sign up for this, and go around attempting to kidnap any guild leaders we know...... >.>

but um, picking a place that's pretty open and easy to get to (somewhere in Iria maybe?) and guilds can just form a big circle with each guild huddled together kind of like they have their own little booths, doing whatever they want to advertise their guild

I think it just being sort of like a job fair with a raffle would be nice enough :o

As far as it happening more than once, it'd be best to focus on getting one done and then deciding after we find out if it was a success of an event or not before planning another.

Anywho! I'll be adding Aarkos as a frond. C:<
    Amelina, may I get your IGN so I can stalk you too? owo?
  • RetsamehtmaiRetsamehtmai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
    This sounds like it would be pretty fun! :D
    Shakaya
  • CyCyCyCy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,740
    edited April 27, 2017
    lol I didn't look at this until now. This sounds like a good idea. Actually Visions tried a similar idea a long time ago. But we had a conflict with a significantly influential guild at the time so things did not work out as planned. There were also lots of trolls and most people actually did not like the idea in general. Not sure if things are different now. Some of the guilds who were also interested in this 5 years ago~ were Lostones, Ryusei, Agitators, Simple. There were other guild but I forgot! I don't think any of them are around nowadays.

Perhaps you may reuse old stuff we worked on. I will also be willing to help out.

The name of this group of guilds doing activities together was "League of Tarlach". We had a music and a logo.

Here was LoT music. It's a march and suppose to sound "heroic"
    http://file3.guildlaunch.net/103748/The League of Tarlach_Rev2.mp3:

Here was our logo: (can't seem to resize it sorry!)
    LTcopy.jpg
    Shakaya