Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why do people just reject good ideas? :/

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Twelie wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Communication for the most part should occur before the runs because of the fact you're kept busy. I also just find the robe aspect to just be rather odd, but I've run enough raids to where the stuff that OP is complaining about doesn't happen all that often.

What server are you on? I'm wondering if it's a server problem or a specific group of new/uncoordinated people.

I'm on Ruairi.
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    This entire thread was amusing to read.

Good job, everybody. 5 points to your server of choice.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    YellowBin wrote: »
    Just to repeat, an automatic change specifically for this battle, and a change back tot he previous icon, doesn't really seem impossible. Sort of like Part Time Job titles. Does anyone still do Part Time Jobs? :(

It will take time before nexon can fully implement that. Looking at the progress and speed of updates that NA is receiving something like a revamp on the divine raid system will take months to years to implement(1mo - 999999years).
    It sounds easy to implement in terms of coding, I mean they can literally copy and paste the code they use. But I'm a little skeptical still.

It may be complex, you are right. Though seeing as it is reasonably recent, it does not seem impossible. Hopefully they made it simpler in that case, because simplicity works for everyone.
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Wait, there are people who play with talent icons NOT hidden? ?_?
    LeineiRetryTheNyanCat
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The robe idea is far better than the talent title idea.

I don't have your stupidly laggy talent icons visible and there's no way I'm turning it on for stupidly laggy girg raids. If anything, everyone is getting minimized and names hidden, so the only thing visible is the main body colour of your clothing/robe. There are times when I just run near the most brightly-coloured shielder because they're the only person I can pick out in that mess.

Also I can't believe you seriously think that an idea which is only useful for people who don't know how to turn off talent icons is "objectively" good lmao
    Retry
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Don't care so much about them,
    They usually quit permanently after like a year of constant playing
    giphy.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Lhakryma wrote: »
    1) They serve no actual purpose ingame, so you might as well use them for something
    this might sound very subjective but,
    i love using my lowest talent title and i don't want to change that.

2) No, they most definitely do not know where to go, most of the times I've got at least another shielder on me... Now that might be that I'm in the wrong, which would be interesting, since they're the ones coming to my position xD
    well why is that a problem though ? Shielder job is to cast shield in time, most people that really need a shield would pay attention on where shielder position is and get close to them
    3) Then in this case "he" was not right because you wouldn't see the name anyway xD
    i actually look at the name once, memorize their outfit, then turn off name and that pretty much worked for me
    To be honest your idea is not bad. Its just that i don't really like it.

Why not get a group and implement the idea ?
    From my experience, mabi peeps really love efficiency, if there is proof that this idea actually work then people would implement this without the need of wasting your breath in the forum.

Savage.
  • kuronogamikuronogami
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    I keep icons disabled.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I came up with an excellent idea for girg raids: let's use different talent title icons depending on our roles, so all the bladers use warrior icon, all the shielders use cleric icon and all the spikers use ninja icon. It's PERFECT and it would help people screw up less -_-

When I suggested this idea to my party, one genius' reply was simply "learn to read"... Yeah...

Why do some people just have to be this stupid? :/
    Admittedly this idea won't help the really good teams because they're already working together as a... well... TEAM, but this idea is great when playing with strangers.

Now that I think about it, it might be because most of the people in this game have next to no clue about most of the systems in the game and they brute forced their totals, without actually understanding the game...

No need for something like this with my group. As the leader of the group says, "Rows are teams". So the first Shielder on the list protects the first Spiker and Blader, and so on and so forth; if there are extra shielders, then they cover stragglers.

Also, not to be "that guy", but claiming your own idea as "excellent" seems a bit condescending.
    TheNyanCat
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Also, not to be "that guy", but claiming your own idea as "excellent" seems a bit condescending.

Not to mention the whole reason for this thread was because one person replied with "learn to read".
  • RetryRetry
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    edited May 13, 2019
    If you have to squint for 3 second to read someone's name you should probably get some glass or a better monitor, it might help you learn to read too, who knows you might even shield the right people next time. :)

P.S. What is your IGN, need to know who to kick next time I host pub hm
  • RezziRezzi
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Step 1: get people who like your idea to join you and use it?
    Step 2: just run with them?...or possibly players who know how to do the raid?
    (side note: Teach players how to do raid might be better considering you said players blade before spikes.. or i would suggests training new player after you get them up enough to raid with you) since i assume time is not an option
    step 3: Enjoy your idea with your self-made click who utilize your ideas~.. Maybe it will spread to others like a virus for those who dont want to read/ setup the squad roles.

(pros
    No one has to state roles since the talent titles will let people know which role they want

[insert more pro's here]

cons:
    Players might put combat and have low rank blade, and can not switch for 24 hours.(in which case you would have to not have them in party or give them a role which completely makes the talent part useless and confusing?

Can click wrong talent

most players hide talents

role being given simply because of talent is not exactly efficient.

P.S: not trying to sounds like a Jerk just saying, you might be wasting your time posting this on a forum this way? Might have been more efficient to just make a thread for a "girg raid" stating rules before hand for players who run with you.
  • yessireeyessiree
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Gaea wrote: »
    Liyeta wrote: »
    1) They serve no actual purpose ingame, so you might as well use them for something
    this might sound very subjective but,
    i love using my lowest talent title and i don't want to change that.

2) No, they most definitely do not know where to go, most of the times I've got at least another shielder on me... Now that might be that I'm in the wrong, which would be interesting, since they're the ones coming to my position xD
    well why is that a problem though ? Shielder job is to cast shield in time, most people that really need a shield would pay attention on where shielder position is and get close to them
    3) Then in this case "he" was not right because you wouldn't see the name anyway xD
    i actually look at the name once, memorize their outfit, then turn off name and that pretty much worked for me
    To be honest your idea is not bad. Its just that i don't really like it.

Why not get a group and implement the idea ?
    From my experience, mabi peeps really love efficiency, if there is proof that this idea actually work then people would implement this without the need of wasting your breath in the forum.

Savage.

OP didn't know what hit him
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    He is right. People have opinions on whether it is good or bad, useful or if it is even needed. Thinking you have a good idea that it should be shielded from criticism is just hubris disguised as unbiased logic, when the bias is to ones self. He is correct. Whether or not those opinions are substantiated by fact does not preclude that people will disagree.

I kind of doubt people on a forum would not write why it is not a good idea, seeing as that is the purpose, something that quite a few people have done in this thread.

A matter of necessity is up for debate anyway.

I'm not saying the idea is not up for criticism, on the contrary. I'm saying that it's an objective fact that is would only help. Regardless of anybody's opinion, it's objective the fact that it would not be bad/harmful. There is no way in which it would be harmful.

As such, there's no matter of subjectivity it's it's usefulness.

Now I might be wasting my time explaining these concepts, so I'll stop trying to.

Nobody said why it's "not a good idea", they just pointed out it's limitations and offered better ideas. If you think that, because of some of these limitations, it makes it a bad idea, then I'm sorry to point this out to you, but you're plain wrong.

How about laggy text? Everyone knows that the text used in this version is lag-inducing. Switching to bitmap (which is what Korea and Japan use, along with the Abyss mod) would solve a ton of problems.

Also, people can just hide and turn off talent titles.

You're essentially saying that people should be forced to one or two skills a real life day, when some dailies require you to do both Shield and Spike (if "Blade" is chosen for either of those times, then the daily is kaput.), or when someone leaves, and someone else is asked to switch to a different skill in order to compensate (since a certain number of people need to shield in order to allow Spike to subdue him, and a certain number of Spikers are needed to get the most out of Judgement Blade).

One reason why people may disagree is because you're so close-minded.

Also, why the hell are you running with randoms? Running with randoms alone is guaranteed to blow up in your face.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited May 10, 2017
    I can't say much because I don't like Gir-whatever raids and don't know much about them.. but the part time job-esque title change idea was smart.
    Wait, there are people who play with talent icons NOT hidden? ?_?

/raises hand
    I like them.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Retry wrote: »
    I just want to say thanks, this is the first time I logged on to the forums in a long time and funny enough this was the first thing I saw.
    I found myself laughing for a good 10 minutes, thanks again.

At this point I'm genuinely convinced this is just low quality bait.
    First of all you're calling said person stupid for dismissing an inferior system that would only be helpful to you and a handful of noobs and a waste of time for probably 99% of people that run HM girg.
    Second of all, you join the HM party, fail to shield the people you were assigned to in a party with the units labeled 'Sh>Sp>Bl' with 3 to 6 people in them, then blame the other shields for being too close to you? Then after a run that lasted 25 minutes... You get out and propose a system that is subjective rubbish. How about you stop being a cuck and tell them you're their shield, it's really not that hard.

Also. If you have to squint for 3 second to read someone's name you should probably get some glass or a better monitor, it might help you learn to read too, who knows you might even shield the right people next time. :)

P.S. Clearly he rejected it. And so did the other people in the party fyi. As for criticism, next time I'm sure he'll stop and make the other 15 people in the party wait so he can write a peer reviewed thesis on the pros and cons of your game-changing idea ^_^

P.S.S. What is your IGN, need to know who to kick next time I host pub hm

FATALITY.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 10, 2017
    I just want to say thanks, this is the first time I logged on to the forums in a long time and funny enough this was the first thing I saw.
    I found myself laughing for a good 10 minutes, thanks again.

At this point I'm genuinely convinced this is just low quality bait.
    First of all you're calling said person stupid for dismissing an inferior system that would only be helpful to you and a handful of noobs and a waste of time for probably 99% of people that run HM girg.
    Second of all, you join the HM party, fail to shield the people you were assigned to in a party with the units labeled 'Sh>Sp>Bl' with 3 to 6 people in them, then blame the other shields for being too close to you? Then after a run that lasted 25 minutes... You get out and propose a system that is subjective rubbish. How about you stop being a cuck and tell them you're their shield, it's really not that hard.

Also. If you have to squint for 3 second to read someone's name you should probably get some glass or a better monitor, it might help you learn to read too, who knows you might even shield the right people next time. :)

P.S. Clearly he rejected it. And so did the other people in the party fyi. As for criticism, next time I'm sure he'll stop and make the other 15 people in the party wait so he can write a peer reviewed thesis on the pros and cons of your game-changing idea ^_^

P.S.S. What is your IGN, need to know who to kick next time I host pub hm

You are clearly not helping here at all. If you logged in for the first time just because you want to insult people around here then i suggest you to leave this forum ASAP. This comment is so disgusting. This is not criticism, that's legit insulting. Please mods remove that post... Would be even better if this thread gets closed. People attacked OP for trying to suggest thing wondering why no one likes that suggestion and someone even dared in to slap a post saying "learn to read". This is sooo rude. Believe me it's sometimes hard to read and find a needed group of players when there are 15 players running around like crazy everywhere.
    SherriYellowBin
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited May 10, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

You get out and propose a system that is subjective rubbish. How about you stop being a cuck and tell them you're their shield, it's really not that hard.

Also. If you have to squint for 3 second to read someone's name you should probably get some glass or a better monitor,

You are clearly not helping here at all. If you logged in for the first time just because you want to insult people around here then i suggest you to leave this forum ASAP. This comment is so disgusting. This is not criticism, that's legit insulting. Please mods remove that post...

I mean if they worded it better it wouldn't be. But it clearly is a very subjectively helpful system and I think they're right to suggest glasses or a bigger monitor. Sounds pretty helpful in that sense, but could definitely be more polite and less.... well, snarky. (I did enjoy reading it though, being I'm someone who regularly posts comments on YouTube.)

And yeah, OP wasn't really polite(in my opinon) in his posts, all things considered either. We weren't the ones who told them to "learn to read". I feel like you're attributing blame here.(Could be wrong, though.) I understand the frustration but saying "this is objectively helpful! people are stupid and reject my great flawless idea!"...Yeah I don't understand why they would think that would fly.

Also, keep in mind something can be both a mix of criticism and insults. This is one of those things, however it does go against forum rules.
    Greta
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Twelie wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

You get out and propose a system that is subjective rubbish. How about you stop being a cuck and tell them you're their shield, it's really not that hard.

Also. If you have to squint for 3 second to read someone's name you should probably get some glass or a better monitor,

While I agree that this is a rude post, why bold the "you and a handful of noobs," this is hardly rude to say at all.
    Cuck is a dead word with no real meaning now. Though, he is getting players shield-stolen from him because of poor cooperation.

The real reason this post doesn't help is because all this has been said already.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Cuck should be censored. =P
    GretaYellowBin