Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anyone remember this trailer?

Divine323Divine323
Mabinogi Rep: 365
edited May 13, 2017 in General Chat
Hi, ancient player here. Was thinking about Mabinogi and decided to look up the trailer that started it all.

Brings back so many memories, used to think this game was the best mmorpg in the world with those graphics,all the skills, amazing AI, and combat system.
Those times when it took over 10 players to kill a white dire wolf for hunting quest was truly fun lol.

Sorry if wrong section, was just reminiscing a bit.
AlofvioletkittSpiritikaErorservImaizumiSibbGoldtiger01

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited May 13, 2017
    Too bad I was never around to see the old days of Mabinogi.
    When everyone had to work together to take down an enemy, instead of one shot hitting it. Must of been fun indeed.
    Gormandize
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    i think i joined for pioneers of iria also in 09

game fried my moms pc tho ...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The version I remember is a bit different.

It has animated versions of Nao at the parts at 2:08 and 2:24.

This one.

You can actually see the video in the game's folder.
    Fweep
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    I remember seen this but not really being interested in mmorpg's back then kinda wish i would have been honestly.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Gotta enjoy the large dungeon parties full of chaos and fear.
    SpmLUhy.jpg
    YukarikoLiberateHazurahZeoMiasmataRukiyaErorservImaizumiGoldtiger01
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Sai wrote: »
    Yeah, you usually had to set a campfire after a few rooms to recover sometimes, and maybe eat some food for hunger and minor buffs.
    mabinogi_2008_04_26_001_zpspuieox3x.jpg

Spiritika
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    I don't have any of my old pre-genesis screenshots (silly me never backing things up back then!)

But what I REALLY miss from the old days is the "split inventory" button that hid the equipment portion to make the screen less cluttered. The inv just takes up so much space now without that handy little button and ever since G11 or 12 (whenever the falias artefacts came out..) I've missed it. :c

I found a screenshot of the button, back in the days of rollbacks and fun times~
    mabinogi_2008_07_23_001.jpg~original
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I joined shortly before The Great Christmas Fiasco of....2012? Ya know, black robes, black tents, etc?
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    I joined shortly before The Great Christmas Fiasco of....2012? Ya know, black robes, black tents, etc?

Is that the one where NPCs got killed and moved around?

I took over for Edern's hammering for a bit, since he wasn't at his anvil to do it himself.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    The memories!!!!!!
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 13, 2017
    Marith wrote: »

I took over for Edern's hammering for a bit, since he wasn't at his anvil to do it himself.

I think that was a separate incident, done weeks after Christmas.

That period of time where Nexon had incredibly crap customer service were horrifying.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Ow... my feels...
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Marith wrote: »

And poor Derp.

I also remember the perpetrators killing mailboxes (since, apparently, mailboxes need an HP bar for whatever reason.)

As for the video, I joined during G3, but didn't do much until Iria. The game felt so new and exciting back then.

Haven't felt that way in years.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Ow... my feels...

Yeah. This video was what 'enchanted' me into this game. I first got interested in Mabi when I saw a friend playing, but watching those trailers is what got me hyped (which was quite a feat, considering they also had to contend with the annoyance of waiting hours to download the game; glad it doesn't take that long anymore).

I started playing around when egos first came out.
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    omg my childhood ;-; <3
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Ah so many memories...
    I joined shortly before G10 was released. I simply got into the game because my friend introduced me to Maplestory and while I was waiting for it to download I browsed other games and found this one. I ended up playing Mabi more than Maplestory, haha.
    Unfortunately I have no screenshots from that long ago. Or maybe it got deleted when I switched to a different computer. Seeing all those screenshots has me feeling a bit nostalgic.
  • SeishunSeishun
    Mabinogi Rep: 210

Yes. Mabi is really this old. Lol
    Alof
  • HawkleafHawkleaf
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I remember this.... I joined around 2009. At that time, that trailer made me super excited for the game and I still keep returning to it event when I claim to quit -.-

I have screenshots but too lazy to upload.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Sai wrote: »
    SpmLUhy.jpg

Back when campfires were resourceful to keep a monster hunting party going without having to go back into towns.

mabinogi_2008_03_07_001.jpg
  • VulpesVulpes
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    Man, I joined back in G1, and I miss a lot of what the community was like back then. Dunbarton was full of people actively looking for others to do things with, dungeons were hell with skill warmup, and back in those days I was a skillless nub good for nothing but windmill spamming.

I sometimes wish Nexon would give us a G1-G3 locked nostalgia server, but then I remember that it would never happen. Plus, I do rather like the style tab being a thing.

I think I miss Eiry most of all though.
    TabariBrokenrosekingImaizumi