Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Meanwhile In Korea...

PolicromaPolicroma
Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
in General Chat
It seems in Korea they just released a web shop coupon that recovers past coupon hairdos and dye colors.

I wouldn't go changing your hair until we know how it works, but this is very good news!
MirralChan

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I tried translating it on my phone but it didn't really help to understand how it works. It does say on there the coupons can be traded once though, which is at least good news.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 17, 2017
    OH LOL. WOW! Seems like my jokes became a real thing now. As expected from Nexon.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I can't get my hopes up too high... but if this works on KAITO hair then this will be the most amazing thing I could hope for ;A;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 17, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    It seems in Korea they just released a web shop coupon that recovers past coupon hairdos and dye colors.

I wouldn't go changing your hair until we know how it works, but this is very good news!

Here is a rough google translation: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885550&edit-text=

It sounds like an archive system of sorts but some of it sounds a bit sketchy. Parts where it says you can only recover it ONCE. Hmmmm...eh...

Then there is the part where if I recover a hair style it removes the hair dye...Ehhhhhh...

Ok...this is not a permanent collection option. It turns the hairstyle into a coupon so you can use it again.

I am very unsure about this new hair recovery system. I don't think this is what we wanted exactly. :|

sad-two.gif

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 17, 2017
    "You can keep all your hairstyles acquired in regular, premium, or affiliated"

AFFILIATED?

is that like crossovers??

OMG Nexon I need this now please. NOW. like next week now now NOW

"With a hairstyle recovery coupon, you can recover your current hairstyle and color once,
    Remember that the hairstyle and color recovered are paid with a hairstyle storage coupon!"

@Gaea: it lets you keep regular or premium hair colors but not hair dye colors
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I dream of a day where I can change out of my Miku hair to something else without losing it forever...
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Yeah it just stores your current hair and hair color into an untradeable coupon. It will not save dyed hair colors though. It will not restore any hairs that have been lost in the past, only the one you are wearing at the time of use. It is not a hair "recovery" coupon that will somehow bring back old hairs.
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited May 17, 2017
    Or just do what Maplestory has been doing, Allow players to save 3 hairstyles and 3 faces to an interface system. That way you can always revert back to them if you don't like the choices you've made.
    TwelieZeoIyasenuHiroki05
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sai wrote: »
    I dream of a day where I can change out of my Miku hair to something else without losing it forever...

I don't think that will be possible. If the hairstyle is not available in the beauty shop and you change it - I don't believe you will be able to recover it. Sorry Sai.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    AwwPickles wrote: »
    Or just do what Maplestory has been doing, Allow players to save 3 hairstyles and 3 faces to an interface system. That way you can always revert back to them if you don't like the choices you've made.

That, or what we really want.
    Permenant coupons. :V
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Xiokun wrote: »

That, or what we really want.
    Permenant coupons. :V

Either or both would be great.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Really milking us for our money, right Nexon? Putting a paywall after paywall can be too much.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Really milking us for our money, right Nexon? Putting a paywall after paywall can be too much.

Can't really blame them in this case. People were clamoring for this particular paywall.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030

I'd rather have this, actually... There's no way I'm giving up Odran's hair for a new hairstyle plus I see that 1 recovery coupon would probably cost 6k NX when it come over here... crazy expensive...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 18, 2017

Can't really blame them in this case. People were clamoring for this particular paywall.

Clamoring for the option, not that it be paid for when we already have to go through arduous RNG already.

My only criticism is that I feel it should already have been considered years ago for the first beauty gachapon.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited May 18, 2017

No people were clamoring for them to make the unlocks permanent like in most games not add in another limited time cash shop item... Or make them cost like 15 pons to use at anytime, and just abolish the idiotic limited time low drop rate coupon system.
    Or even make coupons work for any coupon hairstyle not just particular ones and leave it permanently on the cash shop as a purchasable item not one thrown in a gacha with a pile of absolute garbage like they love to do.
    Honestly I think they would make more money in the long run with any of those ideas, but Nexon as I've noticed many times over the years only cares about the fast cash out.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    edited May 18, 2017

Clamoring for the option, not that it be paid for when we already have to go through arduous RNG already.

My only criticism is that I feel it should already have been considered years ago for the first beauty gachapon.

Really? Because I remember countless posts of "We'll pay pons to change it back and forth! Repeatedly! Pretty please, NEXON!" Maybe that's not what you specifically requested, and that's okay. There were others that were. Generally when you have people begging a company to let them pay for something, stuff happens.

Personally I was neutral on the issue but I knew a lot of people were invested in it, so I brought it up.

As annoying as it sounds, this provides the requested solution. No, it's not pons. But you pay to save the hairdo as an item in your inventory that you can later restore. It all works out the same, as long as you don't change your hairdo without saving it first. It only changes the order in which things would happen.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Really? Because I remember countless posts of "We'll pay pons to change it back and forth! Repeatedly! Pretty please, NEXON!" Maybe that's not what you specifically requested, and that's okay. There were others that were. Generally when you have people begging a company to let them pay for something, stuff happens.

Personally I was neutral on the issue but I knew a lot of people were invested in it, so I brought it up.

As annoying as it sounds, this provides the requested solution. No, it's not pons. But you pay to save the hairdo as an item in your inventory that you can later restore. It all works out the same, as long as you don't change your hairdo without saving it first. It only changes the order in which things would happen.

It works out the same but it's way more expensive. I hope NA will consider a lower price for this server.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Gaea wrote: »
    It works out the same but it's way more expensive. I hope NA will consider a lower price for this server.

Judging by the past it will probably be in a $1.50 gacha with a .0001% drop rate.

I wish I was being completely non-serious, but Nexon has put stuff that was straight up purchasable in the korean shop for the US in gachas with low drop rates.(hell we have had to pay cash for what they got for FREE in Korea before)

Also this coupon even in korea is a limited time item that will be removed for the shop instead of the permanent item it SHOULD be.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    lidiya wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

Judging by the past it will probably be in a $1.50 gacha with a .0001% drop rate.

I wish I was being completely non-serious, but Nexon has put stuff that was straight up purchasable in the korean shop for the US in gachas with low drop rates.(hell we have had to pay cash for what they got for FREE in Korea before)

Also this coupon even in korea is a limited time item that will be removed for the shop instead of the permanent item it SHOULD be.

If they put those hair recovery hair coupons in gacha, there is going to be some serious hell to pay. Because that will make the system pointless. And WHY the are they making that a limited time item???

giphy.gif

****ing is already pointless!

WHY NEXON, WHY???

WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE???

WHY????????????

b5c9d8f3e6f106533e7abc4380e66ded26fdac5f_hq.gif