Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

im actually mad about the candy bonanza

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 19, 2017
    I agree I am happy for the free pet, I just wish the drop rates for the HS props were better, I was really hoping to get some of the new seeds or some more cherry trees. I've opened like 34 boxes in the past two days and all I've mostly gotten is seeds :(

Wait how are you guys already opening over 30? I've upgraded my tree and got lucky drops but still only opened like 25 so far.

Partners.
    I see people talking about using multiple trees, are you allowed to get multiple ones from Caravan Joe to use? I have a Large tree from last time but that's it I think o.o

You get a small one from Joe for free, and then if you want you can create the other two if your homestead is over level 5. I bought those from the last event using pon and still have all 3 in my homestead. As long as you never remove them you don't have to pay for them again.
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    I see people talking about using multiple trees, are you allowed to get multiple ones from Caravan Joe to use? I have a Large tree from last time but that's it I think o.o

No Joe doesn't give extra. But this is the 3rd time we have this event so a lot of players have 3 free trees.

Also during the first event it was worth buying extra since players really needed dyes back then, plus you only had a chance to get the candy dye amp.

• SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Dealer wrote: »
    I agree I am happy for the free pet, I just wish the drop rates for the HS props were better, I was really hoping to get some of the new seeds or some more cherry trees. I've opened like 34 boxes in the past two days and all I've mostly gotten is seeds :(

Wait how are you guys already opening over 30? I've upgraded my tree and got lucky drops but still only opened like 25 so far.

Some people have multiple trees.
    Personally I have 5 trees, with no lucky or partner bonus' I get 30 jars a day and I can upgrade my trees to give me more.

@TheDumbOne ouch luck is not with you this time then. So far I've gotten 10 dye amps and I don't use double gathering nor have I gotten a huge lucky.
    But I have barely gotten any props.

Are you mostly getting paint or something?

Wait..5 trees in the same homestead or what?
  • DealerDealer
    SirRyu wrote: »

Some people have multiple trees.
    Personally I have 5 trees, with no lucky or partner bonus' I get 30 jars a day and I can upgrade my trees to give me more.

@TheDumbOne ouch luck is not with you this time then. So far I've gotten 10 dye amps and I don't use double gathering nor have I gotten a huge lucky.
    But I have barely gotten any props.

Are you mostly getting paint or something?

Wait..5 trees in the same homestead or what?

No 3 on my human 2 on my elf.
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    cry cry cry thats all i hear from this. Besides the fishing event was a different event then the candy dye tree event. Dont cry about something that is the way it was.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 19, 2017
    Falskull wrote: »
    cry cry cry thats all i hear from this. Besides the fishing event was a different event then the candy dye tree event. Dont cry about something that is the way it was.

No, no it was not. The Fishing event also gave out Candy Jars as its dominant and most sought after reward, and you get those by the boatload in previous events. The current text about fishing from Caravan Joe was copied and pasted as they WERE the same event, just different parts. The strange thing is, this is the first time that trees can be reused, as the previous event made you plant new ones and essentially made the previous ones useless. They basically just lifted the fishing event, as well as made the candy tree ampoules drop everytime you opened a candy jar, since fishing help supplement additional candy dye ampoules, as well as rewarded building materials to grow better trees.

In any case, we are complaining. Your point? A complaint is not inherently baseless or unreasonable.
    badnewsbarrett
  • DealerDealer

No, no it was not. The Fishing event also gave out Candy Jars as its dominant and most sought after reward, and you get those by the boatload in previous events. The current text about fishing from Caravan Joe was copied and pasted as they WERE the same event, just different parts. The strange thing is, this is the first time that trees can be reused, as the previous event made you plant new ones and essentially made the previous ones useless. They basically just lifted the fishing event, as well as made the candy tree ampoules drop everytime you opened a candy jar, since fishing help supplement additional candy dye ampoules, as well as rewarded building materials to grow better trees.

In any case, we are complaining. Your point? A complaint is not inherently baseless or unreasonable.

Please calm down.

The announcement had them listed as different events. Which is why players consider them different even though they used the same NPC.

Also the trees could be reused in the previous event as well.

@Falskull please be respectful to other forumers. So far most of them have been giving constructive criticism over this event which is always allowed on these forums.
    edited May 19, 2017

Please calm down.

The announcement had them listed as different events. Which is why players consider them different even though they used the same NPC.

Also the trees could be reused in the previous event as well.

@Falskull please be respectful to other forumers. So far most of them have been giving constructive criticism over this event which is always allowed on these forums.

I am calm, but I am sorry if I gave the appearance of aggression @Falskull.

That being said, the fishing bait is called "Candy Bait", and both events have always appeared next to each in 2015 and 2013. They both give the same general rewards, and are centered around homestead activity, and the fishing was necessary to gather enough candy dye ampoules to complete the quest back then, where we get them 100% in this 2017 event. I fail to see how one does not complement the other, how they are not two parts of one large event, or how the expectation of both is unreasonable. I believe the Falskulls was talking about Manus Fishing Potion Event, hence my doubtfulness. In any case, the tagline of "3 separate events" is hardly useful as anything more than marketing.

That being said, accusation of "Crying" are easy to throw out. It is the reasoning that should be more examined, and I find that the reasoning is minimal to nonexistent in his post, other than that they "were separate events". However, if we consider individual activities separate events, then would not the stamp tally be one of many daily logins? I am contesting said claim, to bolster mine that it is reasonable to expect both parts to happen based on prior handling.

If I appear too aggressive, I am sorry to you as well @Dealer

• TatsugiTatsugi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,760
    I'm more upset about no potions.. Sigh*
  • Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    edited May 20, 2017
    Probably cant talk because Im new to Mabi and this is my first time playing during this event, but Im actually enjoying it. Its easy and doesnt take up too much time to do.

My one complaint is oh my gosh the dyes... We already have free dying because of the pet Gachapon and now this event is giving out dye. The worst part is that dye from both events expire. There's already a surplus of dye in game right now. We don't need anymore that will vanish when the rest of the surplus vanishes as well.
    Comaleon
  • CrittenzCrittenz
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    The end lasts 32 days by my calculation. You get one coupon a day. So 32 coupons total. The pegasus costs 20 coupons and the heart sword costs 15 coupons. That's 35 coupons. So even if I do it everyday I can't get both prizes. What gives?
    Crittenz wrote: »
    The end lasts 32 days by my calculation. You get one coupon a day. So 32 coupons total. The pegasus costs 20 coupons and the heart sword costs 15 coupons. That's 35 coupons. So even if I do it everyday I can't get both prizes. What gives?

Iunno, but I prefer the dye ampoule set myself.
  • CrittenzCrittenz
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Buy a Fantasia Pet and you will have all the dye you could want. Dye for days and days. I really want the sword and the pegasus but apparently Mabi has decided that is not to be lol.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Crittenz wrote: »
    Buy a Fantasia Pet and you will have all the dye you could want. Dye for days and days. I really want the sword and the pegasus but apparently Mabi has decided that is not to be lol.

Could always do it on an alt too, and hope the sword is tradable lol.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    I'm doing the event since it's easy, but it's kind of pointless. I've gotten three dyes, one homestead prop, a lollipop, some random food and mats, and a bunch of seeds I don't need. And I'm not really interested in the pet. I want the old version back where we can fish up more homestead props and get pons.
    TheDumbOneFweepVimiDaktaro