Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

(FAQ) - How to Make Money as a new player

Comments

• SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Rafting, spamming Conflict SM, & Commerce would net good amount of gold. Doing merchant in-game business depends on the buying players if they willing to spend that much. :/
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Conflict spam isn't really quick for new players.
  • SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Orkane wrote: »

True, unless you have willingly helpful old veterans that can carry you to do that SM. I have done that before back then.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    So I noticed a lot of players are buying items that apparently can be obtained by doing that squire thingy. Looks like a gold mine right here. I have started to be doing that because of it but the lack of guides is quite frustrating. Hoping someone can make a guide :3
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Orkane wrote: »

True, unless you have willingly helpful old veterans that can carry you to do that SM. I have done that before back then.

On Mari, finding nice pros is like a needle in a haystack. (╥v╥)
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Item that Worth very much but new player have no idea how to use them

- Shiny Gold Thread (even exist on alby beginner, I swear). worth 800k - 1.5mgold
    - Ancient magic powder (dropped from any monster with 'The Ancient' title, EVEN BROWN FOX). Worth 400k-600k gold
    - Mysterious Herb Powder and Emerald Core from Part time job (will be useful later on so stack it as much as possible)
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Hazurah wrote: »

- Shiny Gold Thread (even exist on alby beginner, I swear). worth 800k - 1.5mgold
    - Ancient magic powder (dropped from any monster with 'The Ancient' title, EVEN BROWN FOX). Worth 400k-600k gold
    - Mysterious Herb Powder and Emerald Core from Part time job (will be useful later on so stack it as much as possible)
    Ancient Magic Powder worth at least 500k on Alexina.. I usually sell them at 700k-800k

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    ShouK wrote: »

Ancient Magic Powder worth at least 500k on Alexina.. I usually sell them at 700k-800k

sssshh
    this might increase the chance we are getting them cheap
  • mochibimochibi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    lmaoo when you know barely anything and used your shiny gold thread to enter a dungeon xDDDDD i dont even remember how i got it gg
  • ImsocheesyImsocheesy
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Love the guide thanks
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    I like the guide and all but it still leaves me confused in some areas. Like could someone explain in a bit more in detail as to how to sell stuff using the party tab. I came across some items I can't sell through personal shops and have no other way to sell them. Do I just type whatever I'm selling in the party chat or the trade chat? Whats the differenace between either of them? It would also be helpful to know stuff like why I need a party just to sell stuff especially one that's ment for raid searching?
  • rawrnyahrawrnyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    edited May 23, 2017
    Hold wrote: »
    I like the guide and all but it still leaves me confused in some areas. Like could someone explain in a bit more in detail as to how to sell stuff using the party tab. I came across some items I can't sell through personal shops and have no other way to sell them. Do I just type whatever I'm selling in the party chat or the trade chat? Whats the differenace between either of them? It would also be helpful to know stuff like why I need a party just to sell stuff especially one that's ment for raid searching?

How the party stuff works is basically if you make a dungeon party/raid squad, the name and objective of your party will get announced in the chat/system logs of every other player on your channel every minute or so. The original intent of this was to advertise pickup groups but nowadays most people use it to advertise the stuff they're selling/buying by putting it in the name/objective of the party description. In this way, people usually sent you notes to indicate their interest in your offer. The actual trading either takes place with mail or by meeting up with them somewhere and using the ingame trade function
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    Oh so its like automated announcement, that makes much more sense now. Thanks.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    When a shop is up....There is also the trade chat area where it pop's up. Most people don't really use it for what it's intended for much-ly vs. the party chat sadly.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Sherri
    Sherri said:

On Mari, finding nice pros is like a needle in a haystack. (╥v╥)
    It's probably because too many people including the wanna be pro's were making a lot of alternative characters saying they're a beginner when they aren't and exhausting most of the better resources leaving the actual people who need help and items with rarely anything even the help they need.

I've come across beginners where they would ask for things and I would just hand them a mace and a kite shield. I mean granted beginners now with their beginner weapon and outfits from the quests...outshine that mostly.......I'm not sure what else a beginner would want since they have the weapons and means to combat and gain what they need.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Greta
    Greta said:

Pan wrote: »

Just bot conflict because Nexon allows it. xd.

Dude, you ok?

They kind of do.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 3, 2017

Actually they are worth around 1m and under now.
  • ArcataArcata
    Mabinogi Rep: 875
    Looks like I'm the only one who don't understand anything....
    Stuffs like conflict and SM... I don't know what you guys mean xP
    (and am poor bc I recently started..)
    oh also how do I make bag T^T
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    My method of making money early in the game looks sort of like this:

1. Spend a bit of time leveling up Windmill using the red and grey foxes up near Ciar dungeon as fodder.
    2. Collect every scroll, potion, and scrap of gold they drop.
    3. Go to Duncan, turn in the scrolls when you have stacks of 10, sell the potions you don't intend to use, and go back for more.
    4. When you get about 4k on hand, buy the bigger of the two bags with the scrolls on them at the item shop so you can hold more loot.
    5. When you're a little stronger, start battling the grey and white wolves by the Tir Chonaill moongate.
    6. Pick up every bit of gold, scroll, and clothing set they drop...especially the clothes, because they sell for near or a little over 200 gold a pop.
    7. Once you start getting super comfortable killing those wolves, start spamming Albey dungeon solo. Pick up all of the gold, scrolls, cheese, gear, and potions you can, but leave room for the end loot. You often get enchant scrolls, powders, and occasionally short swords along with around 1,800 gold. If you don't need the enchant, sell the scroll and the powder. If you don't need the gear, sell that too.

Once you get about 50,000 gold, then invest in a kiosk. You can sell things like enchant scrolls and magic powders at a much better price to other players than you could to NPC's, and some things that sell for next to nothing to NPC's (various grades of leather, for instance) can net you a tidy profit when sold from a kiosk. To collect your earnings, close up shop and click "Tidy Kiosk". The money will automatically go to your bank. The only downside is that you can't go to the Festia while you've got a kiosk open.
  • KonTheKindBearKonTheKindBear
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Curiko wrote: »
    For selling things less than 1.000.000 use an kiosk instead.
    It does not cost to set up every single time like an shop do.

How do I set up a Kiosk?