Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New PC. New Problems. Black/white flickering. HELP

FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
edited May 28, 2017 in Technical Support
So i just got a New gaming computer so i replaced my old machine with a new powerful one. well my constant crashing and frame rate drops are completely gone now. however im faced with a slightly less but annoying new problem. when ever i go into my options menu/exit it, Change channels or Login/logout i get this 3 second Flickering of my screen where for 3 seconds it constantly flickers black and white. its not that serious but its getting annoying.

does anyone know what im talking about? or even know how to fix it? i dont have this problem on any other games. except Mabi.

Comments

• HawkleafHawkleaf
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I used to have the same problem on the deskstop I use to play Mabi on. It would only occur on full screen though. Have you switched to window mode yet? It stopped flashing for me when I switched over to window mode.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Hawkleaf wrote: »
    I used to have the same problem on the deskstop I use to play Mabi on. It would only occur on full screen though. Have you switched to window mode yet? It stopped flashing for me when I switched over to window mode.

thats the thing tho. i dont want to use Windowed mode. as it actually blocks the use of some of my windows. because then they are on the Borders.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

thats the thing tho. i dont want to use Windowed mode. as it actually blocks the use of some of my windows. because then they are on the Borders.

How the effing hell would WINDOWED MODE block other windows???

It's the only way I play, because recently full screen screws up really badly.
  • HawkleafHawkleaf
    edited May 28, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

How the effing hell would WINDOWED MODE block other windows???

It's the only way I play, because recently full screen screws up really badly.

I can only play in window mode too. As well as on their computers we have around our house because full screen sucks.

An easy solution, if you don't want anything blocking the other windows, would be to not stretch the game out all the way and cover the other windows. I do that so it's an easy way for me to use Discord without clicking on the task bar or Chrome for the wiki.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yeah I have this similar problem when I played in full window mode... most people does for some reason so I just resorted to playing this in windowed mode.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115

This makes no sense. If you play in windowed mode, it blocks some of your windows? Like your internet browser or something? This makes no sense, since you can only see the game and not see anything else on your screen in fullscreen mode. You do know that Mabi's window is resize-able right? Hold your left mouse button down over the edge and move the mouse around to resize the window. That thing.

Unless all this time you are using multiple monitors, which is something you should have stated in the first place. But fullscreen Mabi is still a problem for many people, including me. Which is why I play in windowed mode.
    Hawkleaf
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Most of my graphical bugs etc. were fixed by going to Properties and running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, dunno if it'll work here but it's worth a shot.
    when i say it blocks my windows. im talking about inventory. as then part of them are on the outside of the border. preventing me from grabbing what i need.
  • HawkleafHawkleaf
    You could just drag the windows back into view which is what I do. Doesn't bother me at all. Only takes 5 seconds to move the windows around to your liking.
    when your in a fight in something like alban or phantasm you cant really do that. or youll end up dead.