Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ap skill ranking shulda been Ap skill mastering.

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited May 30, 2017 in General Chat
There is enuf ways to cheeze ranking up skillz already. We shulda been allowed to spend ap leftovers to master skillz.

Thoughts?

Master titles need at least one way 2 cheeze.
  1. 10 ap for 10% per req?74 votes
    1. Fair enuf.
       28% (21 votes)
    2. Nope. Keep it hardcore!
       72% (53 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    C'mon, we have to retain some challenging aspects on this game.

LeineiVimiChaosShadow
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    There are ways to "cheeze" the training to the Master titles. They're called Double Skill Exp Potions, Talents (in most cases, granted, not all) and Double Rainbow events.
  • RheyRhey
    Gaea wrote: »
    C'mon, we have to retain some challenging aspects on this game.

Most master titles aren't even worth their efforts tho...

yellow-onion-head-emoticon-09.gif
    Leinei wrote: »
    There are ways to "cheeze" the training to the Master titles. They're called Double Skill Exp Potions, Talents (in most cases, granted, not all) and Double Rainbow events.

I meant a more anytime access kinda of cheeze.

OnionHead69.gif~c200
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    You already get X4 naturally, since the AP training update also made you get more training by being a higher level.

So they already made it even easier if you wanted to.
  • RheyRhey
    Jaridavin wrote: »
    You already get X4 naturally, since the AP training update also made you get more training by being a higher level.

So they already made it even easier if you wanted to.

I want an easy 2 breeze method 4 dem life skills mastery. Tbh...they're still a huge pain even with stacked bonuses. Or let us use brionic on r1 skillz as an alternative...?

giphy.gif
    GypsySpirit
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I have stated that I already capped everything to r1 a while ago before we got the AP training thingy...

However, if they actually helped us on mastering skills, I'd more than love to waste my AP on those, to be honest.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Instead of focusing on end-game and power, what about content for anytime?
    XiokunAeolysnerrith
  • RheyRhey
    Zeo wrote: »
    I have stated that I already capped everything to r1 a while ago before we got the AP training thingy...

However, if they actually helped us on mastering skills, I'd more than love to waste my AP on those, to be honest.

Same here. At least this way it'll be a nice ap sink and gives us a reason to keep re-birthing+grind another 15k+(?) levels for dem ap's.

I'm like sitting on over 4k+ ap I have no use for atm.

Just staring at it everyday...

large.gif

DanievictriaVimi
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Sylek wrote: »

THIS. It's about time someone said this. I'm tired of everyone going "WE NEED NEW CONTENT TO KEEP US BUSY", only for everyone to get hype, rush it into the ground in the first week, post on the forums "LOOK I DID IT FIRST LOOK HOW EASY IT WAS LOL", then next week go allllllll over again with "WE NEED MORE CONTENT".

There's too much power to the point where it's just unnecessary for the game, unless you want to rush every minute of it getting those pretty end-game manuals just so you can AFK in dunbarton with it and have all the other players gawk at you. Once you can hit 100k in ANY sort of skill, be it loads of bashing, blazing, judgement blade, what have you, I think you're strong enough. I stopped working so hard on getting great equips for this and that because I don't want to, 1, sell my soul to RNG just for cool high numbers on damage and whine when I wasted all my money and gold, and 2, GET all those cool equips to still not be as strong as -enter group of well known OP player's name here-, and most of all, 3, I don't want mabinogi to become the equivalent of a cookie clicker app where you click some monsters just for gold to pop out. We need something in mabinogi that will be here FOREVER and keep us busy FOREVER. Right now the only thing like that is Shadow Missions. There's not a soul I know who doesn't do shadow mission dailies often, granted they're not a fashionogi. They do it for training, for gold, for exp, and even for FUN! We need more of this.

To sum it up, we need more content that will support genuine fun rather than making people power hike. ..And yes, I'm looking at you, Rabbie Phanstam. Take out all the tanky mobs, huge HP pools, and no-stun monsters out of Rabbie Phanstam and you realize that damage is really the only thing you need 90% of the time, not skill or thought. :T
    TwelieGoldtiger01nerrith
  • RheyRhey
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Sylek wrote: »

THIS. It's about time someone said this. I'm tired of everyone going "WE NEED NEW CONTENT TO KEEP US BUSY", only for everyone to get hype, rush it into the ground in the first week, post on the forums "LOOK I DID IT FIRST LOOK HOW EASY IT WAS LOL", then next week go allllllll over again with "WE NEED MORE CONTENT".

There's too much power to the point where it's just unnecessary for the game, unless you want to rush every minute of it getting those pretty end-game manuals just so you can AFK in dunbarton with it and have all the other players gawk at you. Once you can hit 100k in ANY sort of skill, be it loads of bashing, blazing, judgement blade, what have you, I think you're strong enough. I stopped working so hard on getting great equips for this and that because I don't want to, 1, sell my soul to RNG just for cool high numbers on damage and whine when I wasted all my money and gold, and 2, GET all those cool equips to still not be as strong as -enter group of well known OP player's name here-, and most of all, 3, I don't want mabinogi to become the equivalent of a cookie clicker app where you click some monsters just for gold to pop out. We need something in mabinogi that will be here FOREVER and keep us busy FOREVER. Right now the only thing like that is Shadow Missions. There's not a soul I know who doesn't do shadow mission dailies often, granted they're not a fashionogi. They do it for training, for gold, for exp, and even for FUN! We need more of this.

To sum it up, we need more content that will support genuine fun rather than making people power hike. ..And yes, I'm looking at you, Rabbie Phanstam. Take out all the tanky mobs, huge HP pools, and no-stun monsters out of Rabbie Phanstam and you realize that damage is really the only thing you need 90% of the time, not skill or thought. :T

Gacha will destroy any farming/crafting value the game imposes tho...
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 31, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »

Thats where you're wrong kiddo.

The crafting gear is far better than ANY gacha gear you may get (excluding the Holy eagle mask cause thats just op).*Divine shield is better actually*
    Tell me any weapon that can out damage 2 CRKS that both do 80-110+ damage each while also having, bash enhancement, dura reduction, and a crit buff?
    Meanwhile onto armour. You can craft gear from the raids, and from the squires that give AMAZING stats and the rng ISNT set to 1% its set to like 80-90% for success so its ACTUALLY worth doing. you can get like +15 to all defense stats from the G20 gear and the Dragon raid items are still the most sought out (mostly Lang) because of the items set bonuses.

To summarize crafting actually has meaning, but it actually takes a lot of time and patience to be able to craft good items. Or in some cases gold because you don't have time to get the mats.
  • RheyRhey
    Opalthira wrote: »

The crafting gear is far better than ANY gacha gear you may get (excluding the Holy eagle mask cause thats just op).

Remember when people used to cap lords runs every day to craft dem sweet demonic gears? Farming Raids for Divine weps? Dungeon spam for Celtic stuff? Me neither. I just buyem at ur local belvast gacha mart. Sumtime they come with endgame enchants+r1 as well.

Tell me any weapon that can out damage 2 CRKS that both do 80-110+ damage each while also having, bash enhancement, dura reduction, and a crit buff?

[vid]

75.gif

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 31, 2017

The crafting gear is far better than ANY gacha gear you may get (excluding the Holy eagle mask cause thats just op).

Remember when people used to cap lords runs every day to craft dem sweet demonic gears? Farming Raids for Divine weps? Dungeon spam for Celtic stuff? Me neither. I just buyem at ur local belvast gacha mart. Sumtime they come with endgame enchants+r1 as well.

[vid]

75.gif

Using combo cards, support shot, and a like 100% buff from music doesn't mean its "better"
    Plus their using a lance and all those things, You aren't gonna do that for every mob are you?
    Idk how you could enjoy the game when you one hit everything but i guess challenge and fun are a thing of the past.

Also you cleary don't know what you are talking about because someone has to farm those materials to make those items for you to be able to buy them.
    ON top of that People on Alexina run dragon raids countless amounts of times per day because they give the BEST gear. So idk where you're getting these dragon raid armour pieces from but yeah someone is doing the content in order for you to get them.
  • RheyRhey

someone has to farm those materials to make those items for you to be able to buy them.

Not really. A favorite past-time of mabi vets was to make pointless step-6 blue endgame equips cuz they were being spit out of gachas liek crazy back on the old forums. Fun times.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    -Crafted Guns vs. X-Grade Daella's from gacha are a joke.
    -Craft bars/Shuriken? The bonus max is laughable.
    -Remember awakened enchant from Alban? Fierce Accessories, Haunted Accessories, and awakened in gacha would like to talk to you
    -Rate of getting divine materials are a joke (and afk anyway)
    -Rate of Dungeon drops are a joke (Seriously 40+ AAHM with 8 keys and still no radiant thread or any good material...)
    -Remember the destruction robe? Still doesn't exist
    -Soluna blade? Still doesn't exist
    -Destruction SET? Still doesn't exist

The game needs things to run. Not just like 2 dungeons that are even borderline relevant. I'm all for the updates we've gotten lately, but what hasn't changed is what we can do with all these abilities. We have a giant update coming that's only going to make players even stronger...but why? Momento dungeon looks alright but...like content? We need a content overhaul to the extend that g9/g10 did. So many new missions that we can do.
    GretaGoldtiger01Radiant Dawn
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    AP training for crusader pls. I don't play MMOs to party with people.
    ChaosShadow
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 31, 2017
    Maia wrote: »
    AP training for crusader pls. I don't play MMOs to party with people.

What...? That literally would kill Girgashiy raids 100%.

I dOn'T pLaY mMoS tO pArTy wItH pEoPlE.

7G5SziC.jpg
    TheNyanCatXiokunYokkaichiVimi
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    "You mastered xxx skill? You must really like it."

"Nah I just used it once ad then dumped a ton of ap into it until it was mastered."

No. Just no. I also think that ap training should be locked until a certain total level, newbies might waste all their starting ap on this and even worse reset at Duncan to train other stuff but just don't have the ap and end up being weak for their total.
    TwelieAeolysChaosShadow
  • RheyRhey
    edited May 31, 2017
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    -Crafted Guns vs. X-Grade Daella's from gacha are a joke.
    -Craft bars/Shuriken? The bonus max is laughable.
    -Remember awakened enchant from Alban? Fierce Accessories, Haunted Accessories, and awakened in gacha would like to talk to you
    -Rate of getting divine materials are a joke (and afk anyway)
    -Rate of Dungeon drops are a joke (Seriously 40+ AAHM with 8 keys and still no radiant thread or any good material...)
    -Remember the destruction robe? Still doesn't exist
    -Soluna blade? Still doesn't exist
    -Destruction SET? Still doesn't exist

The game needs things to run. Not just like 2 dungeons that are even borderline relevant. I'm all for the updates we've gotten lately, but what hasn't changed is what we can do with all these abilities. We have a giant update coming that's only going to make players even stronger...but why? Momento dungeon looks alright but...like content? We need a content overhaul to the extend that g9/g10 did. So many new missions that we can do.

Pretty much.

Also heeey Joey~! Ur still around. Kewl.

83801651.gif
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    mastering will be worth it soon for about 36 skills... because they're revamping DAN ranks and you need master to get DAN :D