Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Coming Soon: Memento

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
edited June 5, 2017 in Vault
The bards encamped by Abb Neagh Lake have stumbled across something: music, an unfamiliar sound from an unfamiliar instrument, drifting over the water, stirring their curiosity. Join them on Thursday, June 15th, to help them meet a strange young girl in the surreal new tale in the land of Erinn: Memento!
00J56-00c9cee9-d5c1-4be8-862b-11a9af7b5017.jpg

New Storyline: Memento

The music drifts over the lake at night. Those that have gone to look have found no one behind the enchanting bells, ringing and ringing as midnight passes by. The bard Yvona, out of curiosity, or perhaps just a desire to have her rest go undisturbed, seeks out help to find out what is behind the strange sounds in the night sky...

00J56-b843a58c-0b8c-4842-a506-beec554be663.jpg

Characters with a cumulative level of 500 or higher will be given a quest to meet with Yvona on the banks of Abb Neagh Lake, to begin the Memento storyline.

New Dungeons: Sidhe Finnachaid

The Memento Update brings us a new dungeon, Sidhe Finnachaid, sitting beneath the waters of Abb Neagh Lake. This dungeon has a special twist: Every time you enter the dungeon, your party leader will be able to select a version of the dungeon to battle in: Sorrow, Fear and Curiosity, each with a different Water Level, different foes to defeat and different rewards to claim.

00J56-8de88326-c67b-48e3-a356-1e984f2f805f.jpg

Complete the Dungeon and you'll find a special bonus at the end. Sidhe Finnachaid may seem like just an ordinary dungeon (with an extraordinary disregard for the laws of physics), but it's the only place you'll find the brand new Echo Stones

Echostones
00J56-1ea1b9e4-3320-45e0-b715-8c72839182a2.jpg

Echostones are a brand new collection of power-boosting items that you'll only find in Sidhe Finnachaid. Equipped in the new Echostone section of the inventory, each stone will grant a boost to a primary stat or your Heath, Mana and SP pool, even beyond the 1500 point stat cap. But while you can Upgrade your Echostones at the end of each Sidhe Finnachaid run, there's far more power to unlock here...

At the end of Sidhe Finnachaid, you'll also be able to Awaken an Echostone by spending AP and Awakening materials collected throughout Sidhe Finnachaid. Awaken an Echostone to give it additional effects, including ones that can be found via Reforging and a special set of new abilities to grow your power even further. And if you don't like an existing Echostone's power, you can dismantle Echostones, granting Echostone Catalysts, Magic Powders and random items, including Elite Passes, gems, equipment and more.

Join us and take a dive into Memento as it arrives on Thursday, June 15th!
pennybrendaLiberateKitimyuzuImaizumiCrimsọnNegumikoHiroki05ZeoPeloiSibband 1 other.

Comments

• Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    The way you've described this has me partially confused. Is this a new event, or permanent content?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 1, 2017
    Permanent
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 1, 2017
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    The way you've described this has me partially confused. Is this a new event, or permanent content?

If you actually read it, its an update. With new features. Features that adds more stuff into our user interface (Echo Stones) which would be silly to be temporary, a whole new dungeon (with a level requirement of 500 [it would be silly to have a level requirement in an event and segregate an entire player-base]). The word "Event" doesn't even pop up in the post. All events also have dates when they start and end, which isn't present here. Everything you see here, its here to stay.

Also: God dingleberries 70% of all people really don't read the updates, even outside of the game. I would have though the forums would be have a reading-comprehension-competent population but I guess I just got proven wrong. :/
    ZeoHazurahKaiityyZombiie
  • GentlemenGentlemen
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
    1312115823345.jpg
    RiwerImaizumiHazurahDaekesanmochibiKaiityyZombiie
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited June 1, 2017
    FINALLY!!!!!

Heads up to anyone wantin' the npc's outfit: they're gonna throw it in a gotchapon AGAIN
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    The outfit is cute, but it's not that amazing. -shrugs-

Anyway, as I said before I am done with gachapons. They need to bring back shopping bags.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    can't wait for something to finally use AP on :D
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    I'm more concerned with what comes with this update. Premium/VIP revamp perhaps? Housing Uncap? Auction House? New Content only excite me ever so slightly....Rabbie for example, not many people do it, and those who do often are disappointed with the rewards.
    ZeoGretaImaizumiHiroki05Crimsọn
  • RiwerRiwer
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    *dancing intensifies*
    Litterally.
    Best news I've heard all year :3c
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited June 2, 2017
    Nichee wrote: »
    I'm more concerned with what comes with this update. Premium/VIP revamp perhaps? Housing Uncap? Auction House? New Content only excite me ever so slightly....Rabbie for example, not many people do it, and those who do often are disappointed with the rewards.

This post I actually agree with... when will you actually tweak the drop rate for stuffs like Phantasm so it's actually worth running and you don't have to run it more than 100-200 times just to see a first mat finally being dropped needed to make Soluna Blade.

Or why not throw in something simple that players have been asking for a long time like dark skin options for the elves and commas in the gold/price? That'd actually make LOT of players happy.
    Aeolys
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    Well happy birthday to me. Where's my new continent though?

• SaygoSaygo
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
    Axelrod wrote: »
    Well happy birthday to me. Where's my new continent though?

no new continent. just new content

7a87qCT.gif
    IyasenuBlissfulkillnevyn25KaiityyZombiie
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    I'm just over here waiting for that auction house, but most likely we're getting this in chunks. These generation quests have been horrid storyline and gameplay wise of late, so new dungeon I guess? yay...?
  • PeloiPeloi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,135
    About time there was another dungeon, more please, sm's are so damn boring, might even return to game.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Is Memento a side story type of thing like the Samhain storyline, or is it the next Generation?
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Tairiku wrote: »
    I'm just over here waiting for that auction house, but most likely we're getting this in chunks. These generation quests have been horrid storyline and gameplay wise of late, so new dungeon I guess? yay...?

Or watch Mabinogi NA somehow not even get that auction house. Since for some reason Nexon NA just loves to randomly leave out certain things that the KR Mabi servers have.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 6, 2017
    Nichee wrote: »

I'm all for all those overdue things.
  • MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Give me vip-update and giant revamp please
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    It looks like there was a pre-view page for Memento as it appeared for me when I first came on today.