Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Dark Skintone Options for Elves!

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited May 19, 2017
    @Montjulent, Elaborate
    because:
    Nope
    q7tQ87S.png

Unless you are doing something... less legal...
    ZeoSherri
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    The server verified it as legal and let me choose that skin color-- that's good enough for me.
    Funzo24
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited May 19, 2017
    Falskull wrote: »
    SO everyone wants a "Dark Elf" which is a different type of race in the Elven race line when "Elf" are all fair skinned. another stupid idea

with that mindset..
    No wonder people think black people are a different "race" than white people lul

That so called "elven race line" doesn't apply on Mabinogi's lore, so don't give me that BS.
    If they let us have black hair which only cursed elves have (goes against the lore) then they definitely can give us dark-skin. Dark skin has nothing to do with the lore or any race line BS.

If dark-skin for elves doesn't go against the lore of this game, then your comment doesn't mean censored
    ZeoGretaAmesenpaikapapaSherriSaerrinSayabloodyKedaruivioletkitt
  • AeolysAeolys
    edited May 19, 2017
    Montjulent wrote: »
    The server verified it as legal and let me choose that skin color-- that's good enough for me.
    I'm calling dragon turds. Also: why did you say "the server verified"? There is no such feature. Now, I'm now calling hacks.
    And if in the end, this was just a photoshop, I'm calling troll.
    ZeoSphyra21SherriSaerrin
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 19, 2017
    Falskull wrote: »
    Why even care about skin color honestly why not except the game as it is. Mabinogi Elves race is way more inline with a -High Elf- then a -Dark Elf- You already have Black haried elves isnt that enough. why are you trying to make the races the same as each other there different for a reason.

Not sure if you're trolling or is just being really ignorant on this... It also seem like you're evading my question and for a very obvious reason too because you actually don't have any source/proof of that... maybe because the elves having dark skintones was NEVER mentioned in any form of lore in Mabinogi? I will ask you one more time - provide in-game (as in screenshots straight from Mabinogi, not Elder Scrolls, etc...) screenshots of where it was stated that elves cannot have the dark skintones. Also... did you literally not see the three screenshots in my original posts showing three elf NPCs who have tan/dark skintone in Mabinogi? They do exist.

And also, the argument about three races having the difference in regard to the skintones is very illogical because the special thing about giants is that well... they're big, lol while elves have the ears...I don't even need to state what humans are, lol. I think that's more than enough of the difference between three races... do you really need the skintones to differentiate the three races? lol

I have to agree with @Aeolys and @Kaga... There's no such thing as 'High Elves' or 'Dark Elves' in a game like Mabinogi so your argument on this as a reason to go against elves having dark skintones is really invalid and like what Kaga said... you literally treated 'black' as in a different category compared to being white and that can come off in a very bad way too.
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I'm calling dragon turds. Also: why did you say "the server verified"? There is no such feature. Now, I'm now calling hacks.
    And if in the end, this was just a photoshop, I'm calling troll.

I'd assume it's via mod, hack, or using some sort of script... most likely... to get the dark skintone on elves because it's still not possible to get the dark skin options if I go to a dressing room to change my skin...
    KagaSherriKedarui
  • TheLordofNyrinTheLordofNyrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Guys it's 2017 you can already be a dark Elf if you truly believe
    eDO12ah.jpg

I said i wasn't going to reply further on this thread, but heres a MOD that does it. what was it i said? something about it being possible to make in an afternoon? looks like i was right. It's a shame that a mod was needed to do it b/c what we are wanting here is it to be officially added, not done through mabinogi mods and hacks.

There's no reason why this can't be just shoved out in a future update, It would litterally take 30 mins tops. If it isn't that easy, I want a Dev to tell me that to my face and why.
    ZeoNamiriSherri
  • AeolysAeolys
    Guys it's 2017 you can already be a dark Elf if you truly believe
    eDO12ah.jpg

I said i wasn't going to reply further on this thread, but heres a MOD that does it. what was it i said? something about it being possible to make in an afternoon? looks like i was right. It's a shame that a mod was needed to do it b/c what we are wanting here is it to be officially added, not done through mabinogi mods and hacks.

There's no reason why this can't be just shoved out in a future update, It would litterally take 30 mins tops. If it isn't that easy, I want a Dev to tell me that to my face and why.
    Here is my guess:
    The mod probably replaces one skintone with the dark skintone clientside. Only through the client you get to see the change. Everyone else (without the mod) wouldn't be able to see it. Also, replacing the skintone will alter your perspective and see other players with same replaced skintone. No new skintone option is created, it was just visually replaced. (DON'T MOD, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!)

Here is my two cents (a guess) on why we aren't given the option:
    Skintones can be modified, that is evident with the skin changing crowns. What I think is that the character creator is hard coded the selected skintones. Unlike hairstyles which are a list of objects that the character creator pulls out of a database, I think the selection of skintones for each race is part of the character creator and does not refer to an external list. From what I know from programming, decompiling an existing program is hard and probably impossible. There is also the thing where the original dev team being not around anymore.
    I could be wrong; this is just a guess.
    ZeoSherri
  • PepperLimePepperLime
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited May 20, 2017
    Regardless, some of us would like our characters to look like how we look in rl. Why play an elf then? Simple, I like elves. Why do the other races even have it and they don't? I find it very weird. Did they just say.. nah let's keep em' light it looks better. :/
    ZeoSherriSaerrinKedaruiroseangel
  • XantheneXanthene
    Mabinogi Rep: 550
    Support.
    ZeoSherriSaerrin
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm curious as to why anyone would vote against this too.

I'm still curious about this as well and I'd like to know their actual reasoning without bringing the 'Mabinogi lore' or the "racial difference" into this unless you actually have any in-game screenshots or citations (which must be related to Mabinogi, don't try to bring up different MMOs regarding elves like Elder Scrolls, Black Desert Online, FFXIV, etc... because they're irrelevant to Mabinogi) because well... as of right now, there's no reason to vote or say no to this... the dark skintone options being added in for elves isn't going to do any harm and it's not going to take anything away, lol.
    SherriKedarui
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited May 22, 2017
    Doesn't this post break forum rules by even mentioning the big M word and spreading knowledge of it, and also by being a double post? o:

Edit: