Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stop Adding Fashion

MirokujinMirokujin
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in Feedback and Suggestions
The Fashion stuff ruined this game, all you see now is people afking in expensive clothes. More gears and content will keep more players. Most players leave and come back during big events. If we added more action based events, that have replay value, the population will grow.
  1. Which would you prefer?69 votes
    1. More Fashion
       41% (28 votes)
    2. More Dungeon/Action Events
       59% (41 votes)

Comments

• NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Telling them to stop adding fashion is like telling them to stop making money. Because fashion is the #1 thing that drives people to gamble on gachas. If the game doesn't make Nexon money then they'll just end up closing it down. So be glad fashion is so incredibly profitable for Nexon.

As for adding in more gears. Putting strong current end-game gear into gachas would only make the issue of so many people AFK'ing that you speak of worse. Since why even bother farming materials to craft something if the gacha is just going to spew out versions that are X-Grade, pre-enchanted, and with a Rank 1 reforge. If anything I feel keeping gachas more so limited to fashionable stuff helps keep current end-game content actually relevant for much longer.
    GretaHarukariBlissfulkillRaishiiYellowBinZeoMilkypockyLeineiKairyuBerryswirland 7 others.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I'm perfectly fine with the fashion craze, because this game has a remarkable amount of customization,even if most of it is acquired from cash shop features like the dressing room and gachas. I like seeing new content released once in a while despite that, of course, but I'm more of a supporter of a reform with bugfixes and better graphics than implementing more bashable and fhable content.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Wait what?? Fashion ruined the game? I thought reforges did.
    b67b9a44ba5f4bb184b64a1285807c8c.png
    GretaZeoXiokunSphyra21AeolysTheLordofNyrinSylviaWolfeBuffalosFruitcakke
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Vague suggestions on what to "actually do" are not great suggestions. What would you say would be a great action based event, or have high replay value? It is the equivalent to telling a drug addict just to "stop doing drugs". It is not a helpful suggestion, because they do not know what steps to take in order to achieve that, which in this case, you failed to really provide.

In any case, the game will close down if they blatantly stop adding fashion. That being said, it is not a zero sums game. We do not have to sacrifice one or the other, but there is a practical aspect to this. Good events, like the ones you describe, are hard to come up with, and harder to implement, as well as much longer to code. Clothes are relatively less time consuming to produce, and as a "reward" item of sorts, makes them a commodity that can be used as incentives to complete events as well as sell them in gachapons or clothing bags.

It is practicality. Clothes are easier to produce and are something that many players here are willing to let it be sold in Gachapons.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited June 4, 2017
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I'm perfectly fine with the fashion craze, because this game has a remarkable amount of customization,even if most of it is acquired from cash shop features like the dressing room and gachas. I like seeing new content released once in a while despite that, of course, but I'm more of a supporter of a reform with bugfixes and better graphics than implementing more bashable and fhable content.
    1. The dressing room is free for all players, just eats some gold.
    2. Let them re-release some old stuff for a while so we can get some more content.
    I'm not a supporter of constantly expanding the end game or giving players even more to make them even more op. We should get more content for all players, even if it's not combat.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    Its just theres nothing to do but marketing after you've reached end game. Most either afk or pvp. There should be some type of endless wave dungeon, or something along that sort.
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    As for the money situation, they could add weapon/armor manuals (new weapons) to the gacha. The materials can be found in some new extra hard dungeon. This would along players to farm for the weapons vs it being instant paying for op gear
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Mirokujin wrote: »
    As for the money situation, they could add weapon/armor manuals (new weapons) to the gacha. The materials can be found in some new extra hard dungeon. This would along players to farm for the weapons vs it being instant paying for op gear

You could also add clothing. I mean, imagine the lengths people will go to get clothing. I agree that in general, manuals need be released, or even have a revamp to how recipes work.

In any case, most armor at this point does verge on fashion, and most are notably interchangeable, as was the system long before. Mabinogi hasn't the armor upgrade system of other games. At this point, these armor and clothing are essentially no different, whether it be Sturdy Ox or Saber's Armor.

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Keep adding fashion but add sewing patterns and manuals too that won't be abused in gacha! :)
    ShoogDanievictriaHiroki05ZeoHarukariAlmostNotsuper
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    I like the idea of using sewing patterns instead of instantly getting it. If they do that and add more mat drops to a new extra hard dungeon, gacha would be a lot more satisfying. They could revamp the whole webshop and make it so you have to farm mats for your purchases.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Sylek wrote: »
    1. The dressing room is free for all players, just eats some gold.

Aye, I know. I meant the pon shop part for character customization, which has been merged with the dressing room a while back. I could've been more specific and instead mention it by its old name.

I love the idea of more patterns, but it appears the only ones we're getting are the ones that take milllions of years for a server to pool together to make. It is a good step to take though to combine fashion and combat content to give people something to do while sticking to the profits of fashion in gachas.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Personally I don't mind being able to just instantly get the outfit and use it rather than needing to craft it with a manual. Since that just feels like a bit of a pain in the ass. Needing to farm materials and then needing to find someone to craft it for you if you don't have the necessary crafting skill ranked up yourself already.
    Sylek wrote: »
    I'm not a supporter of constantly expanding the end game or giving players even more to make them even more op. We should get more content for all players, even if it's not combat.

If people run out of stuff to do at end-game that doesn't exactly leave a whole lot worth bothering with and you just end up with the majority of people AFK'ing all the time. Also, a lot of the non-combat stuff such as Festia is rather neglected these days.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    lol no... fashion is probably one of the best features Mabinogi have to offer and if it wasn't for the fashionogi players, Mabinogi would probably have been dead for a while and not to mention... the poll is biased because what if I want to do new contents while being able to get more fashion?
    Berryswirl
  • FreebirdFreebird
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Ultimately, the economy surrounding cosmetics (are Lava Cat Robes still a popular thing?) is to your benefit. It's as legitimate as any other kind of player-driven economy sector. Not properly "fueling" the player economy would roughly cause the following:
    1. Overall demand falls, as everyone has what they want, and there is nothing new
    2. Prices begin to fall as people are not purchasing goods
    3. Deflation begins to set in
    4. Money is hoarded due to large deflationary expectations (items are losing value, but your money actually becomes worth more)
    5. Money hoarding furthers the issue as it means even less people are willing to spend money, which decreases demand again
    6. GOTO 1

The Mabi economy is already quite fragile, as I remember money campfire burning events on Mari, so it's best to try to keep it in reasonable operation.
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    With the fashion it becomes more of a life sim. The combat is so good/unique in this game. It gets wasted if they continue to use the current systems that are in place now.
  • NamiriNamiri
    edited June 5, 2017
    Well it's not like people can't appreciate both the fashion aspect AND the combat aspect of the game. I'm personally more of a combat focused sort of person but I also appreciate fashion . Since more outfit variety is always nice given it offers people a wider range of looks and styles.

Also, I feel the immense amount of fashion choices is just as much of a draw to the game as the unique combat is. Since it's a nice change from other MMORPGs where everyone is mostly all just wearing the same thing due to limited outfit options.
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    Why even try at fashion though if mmo's like pso2 do it way better, they should focus on their unique combat way more.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    The Fashion stuff ruined this game, all you see now is people afking in expensive clothes. More gears and content will keep more players. Most players leave and come back during big events. If we added more action based events, that have replay value, the population will grow.

People should just come to the consensus that everything ruins this game because everybody has a different reason for some aspect of the game causing its own downfall.
    WolfandWolf
  • NamiriNamiri
    Why even try at fashion though if mmo's like pso2 do it way better, they should focus on their unique combat way more.

You keep acting as though them always putting out new fashion somehow means they're neglecting the combat aspect of the game as a result. Which honestly makes no sense at all. Mabinogi has always been getting more new fashion added over the years but that hasn't stopped the game from getting various combat related updates over the years.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I think fashion is just fine in the game. They need to make it more available though in outfits obtainable in the form of manuals and converting that vile beauty coupon system straight to pons for all the hair and such, and to update all the basic hairstyles because those things are pretty horrendous. I like dressing up my characters' appearances to how I like them, varying from one to another character. It adds uniqueness which I've seen plenty of games lack because of a lack of options. New outfits and wigs (granted I wish those were just pon-buyable hair styles) means a good flow of being able to customize your appearance.