Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Mabiwiki completely broken for everyone

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
edited June 6, 2017 in General Chat
Every page is like glitched and doesnt load fully

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    It's not working for me.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    Googling specific things and clicking the links is giving a bad cached version of the pages if you need info (like search "mabi wiki lightning wand" or something)
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    It started acting up a day or two ago. At times I can get pages to load and other times nothing. Now it seems that it's completely down. Even my backup address for it isn't working anymore. For now I'm using this one for basic help. It hasn't been updated in quite a few years though. mabiwiki.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page
    MissFortune
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 6, 2017
    Ugh...I really wish we had more communication with the owners of that wiki. Mabiworld is an essential tool for such a diverse and complex game. If we lose Mabiworld...it's going to really suck for new players and us.

It would be a HUGE undertaking, and I mean HUMONGOUS, there is just sooooooo much information upon information! Information inception! But I think it's time we do what Vindictus did and start building another more up to date one. That way if it goes down we have an ETA and an explanation. This is BS how we are completely in the dark about this!
    ShoogXiokun
  • MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    I'm worried. I hope the wiki magically returns soon, I spend so much time there. I'm hopeless without it. :(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I mean if it goes down, they should have a maintenance page. Or at least visit these forums and post a thread. Something!
    WolfandWolf
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Gaea wrote: »
    Ugh...I really wish we had more communication with the owners of that wiki. Mabiworld is an essential tool for such a diverse and complex game. If we lose Mabiworld...it's going to really suck for new players and us.

If only the owners and admins felt that way too. Really doesn't feel like they care much with how they handle things anymore.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Buffalos wrote: »

If only the owners and admins felt that way too. Really doesn't feel like they care much with how they handle things anymore.

I agree. :/ They could at least bother to let us know what's going on. Or, if they just don't feel like handling it anymore, hand over the reins to someone else. It's understandable that they get busy, so it would be cool if they have like a back up admin or something for times like these. Or maybe several back up admins.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 6, 2017
    I really wish they were in communication with our NA staff, kind of like the Volunteers are in a way. Or at least in communication with our Volunteers so any of them can tell us whats going on. :(

Then whats the point?

I guess we should start exploring gamepedia. See what we can do to start porting the information over, if and when mabiworld comes back up.
  • HigurefaceHigureface
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Something like this happened for a few days a couple months ago, and then it came back like nothing happened. I really wish they'd have an info page when this happens though... @ A@
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    II guess we should start exploring gamepedia. See what we can do to start porting the information over, if and when mabiworld comes back up.

Mabinogier tried to do that for the very same reasons you are implying, but Mabiworld had a massive hissy-fit over it and shut them down very quickly. It's highly ironic that Mabiworld had a screeching fit over someone plagiarizing their wiki content when they themselves have plagiarized a good amount of their information from other sources.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I guess it's time for us to get that in-game wiki KR has...
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Xiokun wrote: »

This honestly should have been implemented as soon as NA got up to that patch. The wiki has been listed as a fan site for years, but they clearly stopped caring about it as much as they used to and players shouldn't be punished for that.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 6, 2017

II guess we should start exploring gamepedia. See what we can do to start porting the information over, if and when mabiworld comes back up.

Mabinogier tried to do that for the very same reasons you are implying, but Mabiworld had a massive hissy-fit over it and shut them down very quickly. It's highly ironic that Mabiworld had a screeching fit over someone plagiarizing their wiki content when they themselves have plagiarized a good amount of their information from other sources.

You serious? Holy...smh. They shut them down, when they can't even put up proper maintenance pages? How the HELL did they get them shut down? That's total bs.

That's not bleeping fair! If they don't care, why get another site shut down trying to pick up their gaps?? That's screwed up.

BLEEP you mabiworld. :|
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited June 6, 2017
    You serious? Holy...smh. They shut them down, when they can't even put up proper maintenance pages? How the HELL did they get them shut down? That's total bs.

That's not bleeping fair! If they don't care, why get another site shut down trying to pick up their gaps?? That's screwed up.

I kinda went the wrong direction with that: they didn't shut down Mabinogier. They did a lot of kicking until Mabinogier caved and removed information they had referenced from MabiWorld and an apology made. The result after that was that the second wiki project basically died entirely, because why bother rebuilding it when someone else will yell at you for it?

Edit-Mabinogier's wiki redirects to World now. Dunno when that change happened (it wasn't like that when the fire fight happened), but it's kinda sad that an entire database hand made up to G13 was just deleted entirely.
  • taninotanino
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    To be fair, the Mabi Wiki is free domain, and all its information is community or Nexon sourced //or data mined but we're not supposed to talk about that//

The MWorld Wiki has had issues for years, it doesn't date recently. I've edited it so many times over the years that its sickening how much extra work you have to go through to get something to come out as its supposed to.

Anyhow, they can't really yell at others for taking that information and posting it elsewhere. The only problem I could see happening is if they took their images... and by that I mean.. Their artwork, item and game screenshots don't belong to them. I've discussed this in the past with a friend and it was suggested that a whole new wiki could be made to replace what we have, but its so much work that no one is interested.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Xiokun wrote: »

I'm surprised we never got it, especially considering the drama years ago between NA and the Mabi wiki. But they're on good terms now, I guess.
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    Shoog wrote: »
    It started acting up a day or two ago. At times I can get pages to load and other times nothing. Now it seems that it's completely down. Even my backup address for it isn't working anymore. For now I'm using this one for basic help. It hasn't been updated in quite a few years though. mabiwiki.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page

I strongly recommend using web.archive.org and/or archive.is whenever a site goes down like this as they take somewhat of a screenshot of a site(Great for looking up old sites as well) though I usually get better results with the first one than the later. For web.archive.org just change the date over at the top to as current as possable, it works perfectly for Mabinwiki or atleast for most of the pages I've seen and goes up to March 2017. There's even a Firefox add-on called "Get Archive" that uses both those sites and all you have to do is, if you run into a site that's doing maintenance, 404'ed, or just down in general, you just right click the site and select which archive to use.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 6, 2017
    Meh.

At least I have the nuts to ....you know... ask someone ingame. B)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I kinda went the wrong direction with that: they didn't shut down Mabinogier. They did a lot of kicking until Mabinogier caved and removed information they had referenced from MabiWorld and an apology made. The result after that was that the second wiki project basically died entirely, because why bother rebuilding it when someone else will yell at you for it?

Edit-Mabinogier's wiki redirects to World now. Dunno when that change happened (it wasn't like that when the fire fight happened), but it's kinda sad that an entire database hand made up to G13 was just deleted entirely.

That's still sad and you know it.