Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

An update on the Mabiwiki situation

NamiriNamiri
Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
edited June 8, 2017 in General Chat
The admin of the wiki has made a post on the Facebook page for the wiki explaining what happened in regards to the wiki breaking. Here's what they had to say:
So the harddrive was suddenly full again and it tripped up the database. I had to clear some space and repair it. That said, it wasn't just logs this time, the wiki is actually outgrowing its home.

This is troublesome because I don't get almost anything from ad revenue, no one donates, and the next tier is 90$/mo instead of 50$/mo.

I'll do what I can to clear up more space, but if it really continues pushing the limit I'll have to start considering other options.

https://www.facebook.com/MabinogiWorld/posts/1559208800780158
SaipennybrendayessireeHiroki05Liberate

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You can donate here guys.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com

donation.png
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I donated :)
  • SaygoSaygo
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
    We will do our best to donate to our beloved wiki

giphy.gif
    NkeonaIyasenuAndrewGRHiroki05Pandaninja
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited June 8, 2017
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support!

EDIT: Keep in mind the donations bar doesn't automatically update. I have to "approve" them, showing that they went through. Someone donated 20$ twice so I'm not sure if he thought that it didn't go through or not?
    NkeonayessireeCrimsọn
  • AlymereAlymere
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Omg - So I really was right to worry about too many wiki pages!!!? D:
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Time for me to view some ads for the greater good.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 8, 2017
    Kadalyn wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support!

EDIT: Keep in mind the donations bar doesn't automatically update. I have to "approve" them, showing that they went through. Someone donated 20$ twice so I'm not sure if he thought that it didn't go through or not?

They finally post here! Welcome to the forums @Kadalyn!
    Sai wrote: »
    Time for me to view some ads for the greater good.

Yeah...I guess we better start whitelisting Mabiworld. Shame on us. :(

And it's not like the ads are terrible, they are relevant to gaming and anime. Lets all turn them on, especially if you are unable to donate. Doing so will help even a little bit guys.
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Hehe yeah it's my first time posting since the forum revamp here.

We definitely encourage you to whitelist ads on MabiWorld! They're required to be unintrusive; that is, no sound or flash. It allows animated gifs though. Whitelisting raises the number of impressions on our PW page, which makes the spot more interesting to advertisers. We're not paid per clicks or anything, but of course clicking the top banner does encourage those specific advertisers to stay there. If you click the link under the banner it shows you all the stats (like impressions) there. As a comparison, PW records about 25~30 thousand pageviews a day whereas Google Analytics records around 50 thousand per day. So PW is missing out on a decent portion but you guys are doing pretty well (we're still one of the top wikis on PW).

For jlist, we're only paid if you buy stuff from them using our link.

Also, I changed the Donate link to a Patreon since I think that's an easier way to support us on a regular basis. I set a 90$/month goal (that is a total of what everyone pledges) to remove ads, as well. Of course if you pledge a dollar I don't really mind if you use adblock. ^^
    yessireeCrimsọn
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i dont see why mabinogi doesnt have information page itself...
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    to bad mabinogi not hiring people like this guy, whose dedicated to making informational lists all day,
    CrimsọnBerryswirlTairiku
  • KadalynKadalyn
    You don't need to be hired to create such lists. Create to your heart's content! (Our volunteer moderators aren't paid, either, if that's what you hoped for.)
    I'm not sure what sort of page you're thinking of, though. About the ads?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    to bad mabinogi not hiring people like this guy, whose dedicated to making informational lists all day,

I agree here, Mabinogi is VERY complex. Mabiworld is the main thing we look to for all the mundane things. Screw reddit attempts. We need Mabiworld to stay online and I believe Nexon needs to support that along with the players.
    nevyn25NamiriTwelie
  • yessireeyessiree
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    i dont see why mabinogi doesnt have information page itself...

Almost no mmo company hosts its own wikia. And even in the off cases that do, the content is nowhere near as comprehensive as the ones created by fans and players, by whom game wikia is usually hosted and maintained.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    @Kadalyn - Is there a way one-time donations can be done? I'd rather do that than to a have a recurring charge to deal with on my Credit/Debit Card and have my Mom ask me monthly. It'll get annoying if she asks me repeatedly, even if I already told her.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Save the wikiiii
  • NamiriNamiri
    edited June 11, 2017
    Falcondae wrote: »
    @Kadalyn - Is there a way one-time donations can be done? I'd rather do that than to a have a recurring charge to deal with on my Credit/Debit Card and have my Mom ask me monthly. It'll get annoying if she asks me repeatedly, even if I already told her.

They actually updated the Patreon page to include a link to where you can make one-time donations: https://www.patreon.com/mabiworld

Or if you just want a link straight to the page I speak of for one-time donations then here: http://archive.mabi.world/misc.php?do=donate
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    edited June 11, 2017
    Namiri wrote: »

They actually updated the Patreon page to include a link to where you can make one-time donations: https://www.patreon.com/mabiworld

Or if you just want a link straight to the page I speak of for one-time donations then here: http://archive.mabi.world/misc.php?do=donate
    Actually, I tried that. It sort of infinite loops and still takes me back to the Patreon website eventually. They even state that the Patreon site is for monthly donation while the one-time link links to the old forum, which in turn leads back to the wiki and the wiki's donation link is back to the Patreon.

I wouldn't ask if I didn't try that method already ^^;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah I rather not having a recurring charge on my debit card.
  • NamiriNamiri
    edited June 12, 2017
    Actually, I tried that. It sort of infinite loops and still takes me back to the Patreon website eventually. They even state that the Patreon site is for monthly donation while the one-time link links to the old forum, which in turn leads back to the wiki and the wiki's donation link is back to the Patreon.

I wouldn't ask if I didn't try that method already ^^;

I think the link may have been having some issues before. But that one-time link which takes you to the old forum where you can make a one-time donation should be working now. You just select an option for how much you want to donate and then hit the Submit button which should take you straight to PayPal. There shouldn't be any "infinite looping" that you speak of going on now.

You should just be seeing a section like this showing up at the bottom of that old forum page: https://i.snag.gy/LkDlUK.jpg

So let me know whether it's working for you now and if not I'll contact Kadalyn the Admin of the wiki about it again.
  • KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I don't have money to donate but I disabled adblock for the wiki, it's something at least. :P