Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Update coming in two weeks

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Battle dance...egh...
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    Yes!!, it's finally here :3
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    That dance skill is one thing I'm looking forward to.

It might be weak by itself, since the damage it deals is fixed and isn't affected by stats (though it can crit), but at higher ranks it lowers Def/Prot to enemies you hit while flailing about like a goof.
    Always nice to have another Prot debuffing skill.

I just wish we'd also get that small Ninja update, that adds -prot to Smokescreen, too.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks we don't need another 5000 stats. So tired of how much stuff we've been getting for no reason at all. I'd prefer old features to be fixed and renewed instead. Figured we all stopped saying things by now because we get to be called QQ-ers who're never happy about anything, when in fact I just can't get hyped about the things that keep being added.

I'm all for new content that we can do whenever, and this dungeon seems to be something to that extent. But why do we need to keep boosting the power of our characters? There's probably dozens of people who are getting all hyped over this, and then will complain that it's too easy and it'll only get easier with the rewards.
  • GrawardGraward
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,140
    Sylek wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks we don't need another 5000 stats. So tired of how much stuff we've been getting for no reason at all. I'd prefer old features to be fixed and renewed instead. Figured we all stopped saying things by now because we get to be called QQ-ers who're never happy about anything, when in fact I just can't get hyped about the things that keep being added.

I'm all for new content that we can do whenever, and this dungeon seems to be something to that extent. But why do we need to keep boosting the power of our characters? There's probably dozens of people who are getting all hyped over this, and then will complain that it's too easy and it'll only get easier with the rewards.

Tying progression to a dungeon ensures people running it. Think about how many people run the musical dungeon right now.

Dancing skill had always looked gross, but adding another grind should stall for the next update maybe.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Perhaps there is an even bigger badder boss in the horizon that they are trying to prep us for???
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Gaea wrote: »

Perhaps there is an even bigger badder boss in the horizon that they are trying to prep us for???

If that's true, then they're just expanding the end game. We should get stuff for all players, not just the end. I can still appreciate the new stuff as it'll help me catch up to some of that end game (or at least what they are right now). And this allows free players to get some reforge effects.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    About time we get the Memento update... time to grind for echo stones and r1 Battle Dance then be bored with no new content for Mabi next few months...
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    deos any of this effect stamina, hp or mana (as thats how alche stats r boosted) "just saying...."
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Shufflin wrote: »
    Curious whats so special about this update?

You basically get free reforges for your character that boost your stats from running the dungeon

Like I said.....for those who are trying to catch up and beginners....not sure this is a good thing for them especially since you need spare AP to use most of the latest content. This only helps those with excessive amounts of AP to spare as they have nothing else to train...which is mainly those that heavily invest in this game to max out their character skill training.

If you read on the update you get the stones and upgrade them......if I'm not mistaken, by using AP?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Shufflin wrote: »
    Curious whats so special about this update?

You basically get free reforges for your character that boost your stats from running the dungeon

Like I said.....for those who are trying to catch up and beginners....not sure this is a good thing for them especially since you need spare AP to use most of the latest content. This only helps those with excessive amounts of AP to spare as they have nothing else to train...which is mainly those that heavily invest in this game to max out their character skill training.

If you read on the update you get the stones and upgrade them......if I'm not mistaken, by using AP?

You upgrade them by using a machine at the end of the Sidhe Finnachaid dungeon.
    The materials used in upgrading can drop from the endchest (which also drop the echo stones themselves), and you can also break down echo stones to get the materials, among other things.

The thing that costs AP is re-rolling the echo stone's reforge-like effect.
    This cost increases the more a stone's effect is rerolled, up until the point where it might be better to just get a new, same-colored echo stone.

Each color of echo stone has its own stat boost and bonus category. (I.E. a Red Echo Stone boosts Strength, and can give Melee-type reforge effect)
    And each version of Sidhe Finnachaid (Curiosity, Fear, Sorrow) will drop different color echo stones.

Anyways, you "level up" the stone at the end of the dungeon, via a machine that's at the end of the dungeon.
    The number of uses you can get out of the machine per run is higher on higher difficulties, and lower on easier difficulties.
    If you use up all of the machine's uses, you can run the dungeon again to get a fresh machine.

The success rate goes up for leveling up on harder difficulties too.
    Failing before level 25 doesn't do anything bad, aside from not leveling up your echostone, and using up a use on that run's machine.
    After level 25, failing will take your stone down a level.
    30 is the maximum echo stone level.
    I don't think the echostone ever gets destroyed on a fail at any point.

I think the echo stone level affects the potency of the stat boost (higher strength for a high level red stone), but I think it also affects the max level of the reforge effect.
    AellRadiant DawnImaizumi
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500

I think that they started catering to less skill and more spam......a long time ago?
    Tairiku
  • yessireeyessiree
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    i feel like it shouldn't even take a 3+ month for them to have to move anything to and from KR....

Yes, this is the right mentality to have people.

If nobody cares, Nexon NA has no incentive nor motivation to speed up the update cycle.
    MirralChanTairiku
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    They might have to get approved or have to wait till Korea gives them the transfer.

On another note I would love for old things to be renewed. But I am hyped for Memento.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited June 3, 2017
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    They might have to get approved or have to wait till Korea gives them the transfer.

On another note I would love for old things to be renewed. But I am hyped for Memento.

to be honest why not just have everything done before you launch anything?- and we got homestead content the week it was made in KR....
    (why not just have both NA and KR-etc done together, and launched at once then delaying anything...probably why were not getting a anniversary while KR celebrates tails n junk...havnt been able to celebrate any holiday on time recently ei
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175

I think they just like to let capped peeps know that the content will not leave them in the dust. I would like to see spirit weapons be viable at some point(and not so much of a grind). A am very excited about the reforge aspect though.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Doesn't this come with a storyline to it? If so, translating all the things (story, UI, etc) was probably an issue. Maybe there were unforeseen issues that came about from it, like bugs that they wanted to fix before sending it to us?
  • FrosslassFrosslass
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Idk if im the only one, but people in this thread keep complaining about not having content for the next few months after they hardcore grind and get everything on week 1 but like....maybe dont hardcore do anything? idk if this game is made to hardcore finish content especially with the knowledge of this is our only content for a while. Whats wrong with pacing it ._.?
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    To be honest with how op a lot of players are now even pacing it most of them will likely have done it after a couple of weeks if that so people will complain regardless.
    It's honestly one of the problems mabi has with the whole no class system new content is stupidly easy or stupidly hard and people will complain about it anyway.
    If the content we got had some creativity in it this wouldn't be such a problem less just boosting stats of mobs and more thinking of fun interesting ways to use the myriad of skills we have in mabi and have mobs that can't just be killed with fh right out the gate maybe make it so you need other races besides humans to help win the boss fights in some way or maybe make use of the race transformations and the unique skills they have that people almost never use anymore.
    Honestly i love mabi i do but sometimes the lack of creativity bothers me.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Liyeta wrote: »
    dra011 wrote: »
    To be honest with how op a lot of players are now even pacing it most of them will likely have done it after a couple of weeks if that so people will complain regardless.
    It's honestly one of the problems mabi has with the whole no class system new content is stupidly easy or stupidly hard and people will complain about it anyway.
    If the content we got had some creativity in it this wouldn't be such a problem less just boosting stats of mobs and more thinking of fun interesting ways to use the myriad of skills we have in mabi and have mobs that can't just be killed with fh right out the gate maybe make it so you need other races besides humans to help win the boss fights in some way or maybe make use of the race transformations and the unique skills they have that people almost never use anymore.
    Honestly i love mabi i do but sometimes the lack of creativity bothers me.

Maybe… just maybe you need to actually do things in game instead of complaing in forum.

current player base is over powered ? Pffft XD no way, thats a joke right ? Current player base is pretty under level. There is only a handful of people strong enough to run high lvl content. You will have a bad time gathering 16 people for vhm girg raid or even heroic alban.

Wait wait less creativity ? Really ? Do you really play mabinogi ? You can aproach things in soo many different way. Like how to train things faster, how to get more gold, how to farm certain item efficiently, what way to kill mob.
    Maybe you need to think things differently instead of doing the obvious and complain about it.

XD. No class makes it stupid. Which rock did you come out from ? Every mmo player ask for that kind of freedom. I would not even play mabinogi if they have locked class. Having class restriction is a downside of an mmo.

Pfft fh killing everything. Thats not even true. There is a lot of mobs that have heavy stander and capable to 2 shots you. Try using fh on that and you will be dead in the first 30 second of using it.

Things too easy or too hard ? Pfft its too easy because you outgrow that content. Its too hard because your char is weak compared to that content. What do you expect things easy enough for you to do but looks hard enough so it won't hurt your pride ? Thats just silly.

Oo last one. Race special skill. When is the last time you actually run things with elf and giant on hard content ? On easy content, sure everyone would just steamroll everything with well known aoe skill like judgement blade or bullet storm.
    But on higher lvl you will see more awesome giant malee, elf hide and that 400% aim speed thingy.

Thats just my opinion though. What do i know ? I just log in to dye my clothes. XD

you seem to have taken a lot of what i said out of context or just read it wrong.

Now then for your first point yes i play mabi have done for years however i have only really started being active on the forums in the last two years or so.

next point player base not being op: while yes this honestly is a little subjective a good portion of the player base is "op" compared to most of the content currently in mabi also note i said a good portion not all i know whole player base in't op please do not twist my words.

Next point less creativity: i was talking about dungeons and shadow missions and boss fights in that part and while yes i could have made that a lot more clear they really are not very creative yeah some bits here and there are and some of the new dungeons are more interesting but creativity is lacking compared to some things present in game and events.

next point no class makes it stupid: ok this was taken a little out of context well no more you read it wrong i said the fact we have no class makes things too easy thus they have to make things harder to keep up with the players thus things get too hard also wanting things to look hard but be easy for the sake of "pride" no i just want content that provides a challenge that isn't overbearing nor too underwhelming my "pride" has nothing to do with it this was mostly directed at generations and other story stuff.

next point fh not killing everything while yes some key word some things can't be killed as easy with fh a high levelled player/players with all the right gear reforges and so on can kill most things in game with fh in all honesty my main reason for bringing this up is due to the lack of fun boss fights for the most part due to this.

Next point race special skills i think you read this slightly wrong too i wasn't talking about the basic skills races have like hide or wind guard those can be useful i was talking about the race transformation special skills also on the next part of this point you say the following
    "When is the last time you actually run things with elf and giant on hard content ? On easy content, sure everyone would just steamroll everything with well known aoe skill like judgement blade or bullet storm.
    But on higher lvl you will see more awesome giant malee, elf hide and that 400% aim speed thingy"

i'm not 100% sure what you was trying to get across here so if my analysis is wrong on this i apologise in advance the last time i ran anything with an elf/giant was awhile ago but that's not a good thing while i know they are trying to put giants and elfs on the same level as humans in terms of pure power they haven't done it for NA yet i just want the other races to not be as left behind is all. Now the rest of this whole thing i was a little unsure of the first part is easy to understand but put with the rest makes me unsure as to if you are saying the other races are useful or not so i won't respond to that.

And the last part of what you said you are entitled to your opinion and i thank you for sharing it also only login in to dye stuff huh well i guess that's not too uncommon and can be quite fun. Anyway have a good day.