Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stuck and don't know what to do

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in Technical Support

none of the buttons work
Taiyouri_chan

Comments

• MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    Have you tried using your task-manager to close down your client and restart?
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    x.x; I think that happens randomly during game-
    i get stuck in npc conversations soemtimes can't exit such.
    i think it's the lag- restart should get it fixed QQ;
    if not- file a ticket and hope they get chu outta there ;w;
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    rainLOVE
    rainLOVE said:

x.x; I think that happens randomly during game-
    i get stuck in npc conversations soemtimes can't exit such.
    i think it's the lag- restart should get it fixed QQ;
    if not- file a ticket and hope they get chu outta there ;w;
    It's a known issue that's been happening for quite some time. It's not a lag issue and just sometimes randomly happens and it causes you to get locked into the conversation with an NPC. Filing a ticket is not necessary. You have to force close the client with task manager and then start the client up again unfortunately.
    Crimsọn
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    This happens super easily. Just close Mabi with Task Manager and restart. Your character and items etc. will be perfectly fine.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited December 23, 2016
    No one should have to keep doing that though. I don't think I have ever experienced that yet.

@Splatulated Can you please provide more information about your system? That way we can help you nip these issues in the butt and provide more stability.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Gaea said:

No one should have to keep doing that though. I don't think I have ever experienced that yet.

@Splatulated Can you please provide more information about your system? That way we can help you nip these issues in the butt and provide more stability.
    this happened forever ago and idk how to post system specs i have windows 10
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    It's a small bug. Happens to any system o-o. My setup runs Mabi at 60fps at all times and it still happens to me occasionally. Simple bug simple fix lel
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Splatulated

Gaea said:

this happened forever ago and idk how to post system specs i have windows 10

Ok so this is not something that happens frequently?
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    It might not happen frequently to each individual player but it happens kinda frequently as a whole lol. See people stuck now and then. I saw a guy stuck to Eavan in Dunbarton just yesterday.
    For me it happens most with the mailbox cuz that's classed as a NPC as well.

There's also another similar bug to this that happens somehow when interacting with any housing board. Once you close the housing board window your character starts running in one direction and won't stop. Once you hit a wall it will run into the wall and stop because of that but if you turn around it will take off running again. You can use skills (eg. crisis escape) but once the skill is over the character continues running in that one direction. You can only change direction by turning the camera. Changing channels doesn't fix it.
    I've found that logging out fixes it but more recently I also found if you carefully guide the character with the camera back to a housing board and manage to click it without running past, and make any kind of search in the housing board window and close it, that also fixes it. Much nicer than having to relog every time.
    Caterex